Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

DIY: SC300 HID Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-15, 12:52 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DIY: SC300 HID Fogs

Sorry if this thread is already made. But incase anyone needs assistance go ahead and use this thread, hope you find it helpfull. And ignore the typos

Hey guys I just finished and it's all working and dosnt look to bad, this is simply the way I did it but there's many ways you can go about it. I'm going to make it as easy and as simple as possible. I'm sure irk work the same way for all years, but this is done on a 97

I would recomend removing your bumper but it isint necessary but I decided to since its quick and gives me access to everything.

First things first, shave the ground on the hid to fit to the ground on the oem fog light ground

[/URL]

[/URL]

shave little by little, I used a file. You don't want it to be lose, so cut in small increments til it's fits nice and snug.

This step isint necessary but I put some heatshrink over it as Xtra insurance so they don't seperate, then I overlapped the blue cover since it was there

[/URL]

[/URL]

After that I first drilled a hole and made a slit on the cap for the wires, it's not perfect but it works, you can use meathod you like here get creagive

[/URL]

[/URL]

After that it might take a little wire tucking in the housing but it should all close up and be ready to install.

So now find out where you want to mount your ballast. I simply put one on the power steering cooler and one inside the crash beam with a nut and bolt through the mounting bracket. I used double sided tape on the ballast to act as a cushion and to help stay in place

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

After that reassemble everything and hook it up. Then Enjoy your new HID Fogs

[/URL]

I used ddm tunning 35w 5000K for both my low Beams and fogs. Buying the mounting brackets helps a bunch.

Last edited by Golden95SC; 02-21-15 at 02:40 PM.