Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

A/C Not working... STUMPED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-13, 08:25 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A/C Not working... STUMPED!!!

So I feel that everything has been done. Its a 93 sc300. It blows hot air now and Texas doesn't play with the heat. The Freon level is good, the compressor can be jumped to start and does blow cold air when its jumped from the relay but the relay is good also. The clutch will not engage at all. I have no idea what it could be. The fuse is good, lights light up when the a/c button is pressed. I have a bleeding climate control screen that doesn't light up anymore. After I had an aftermarket deck installed my cig lighter doesn't work either. I believe the installer grounded the deck on the lighter so movies could be watched when the car is out of park but I could be wrong. There was an on/off switch installed next to the lighter for some reason that I never asked about. The deck was also installed in the winter time so I never noticed if the a/c had stopped working due to this. I've read some threads through research about the cig lighter being shot and the screen on the climate control wouldn't turn on either. I guess Im in that boat. Im currently in san angelo around 170 miles from my car but ill be there this weekend so I can check the cig fuse and get that sorted out if it could possibly be an issue. Just trying to get some input and return there with some ideas. Has anyone had this issue with their a/c? Are the cig and a/c being turned on related in anyway? Thanks guys.