Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T build Part list so far

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-13, 10:19 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made bout tree fiddy hp on the stock auto for 30k ~ and it only has a little slip in 1-2 as well. Its coming out this summer, so i dont care much... car does have 160k on it, so go figure.
Old 05-05-13, 06:12 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am starting to wonder if it would just be easier to swap everything back to stock when emissions is due, and just go with a inexpensive standalone. Do any of you guys do that? is it worth the hassle?
Old 05-05-13, 06:14 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Also, anyone have any imput on the BOV? Do I need a recirculating one?
Old 05-05-13, 07:36 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah you will need to use the usdm supra ecu, cannot use the jdm aristo ecu if you are odb2 and want odb2 to work.
It doesn't need tuning at different boost levels really many supra owners run single turbos with the stock gte ecu, it is meant to read boost.

Jwin summed it up pretty well and it will require a fair amount of wiring, can't help you with that.
Old 05-05-13, 09:20 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

ALI where did you source your TT ecu from? I cant find one anywhere. I assume theyre like $3-400?
Old 05-06-13, 06:41 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BuffNStuff
ALI where did you source your TT ecu from? I cant find one anywhere. I assume theyre like $3-400?
Supra forums would be your best bet. Patience is the key unless you wanna pay top dollar you can look on eBay.
Old 05-06-13, 10:11 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

sounds like too much damn work, unless you wanna switch back to stock ecu and get your test. I have passed on stock ecu but im obd1 and CO doesnt even care if your light is on anymore.

Buy an obd1 car and throw all your parts on it maybe...
Old 05-06-13, 10:24 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Its a huge pain to keep swapping out stuff, and with an ems you will inevitable add parts that will not work with the stock ecu, plus all the quirks of an ems. IMO the wiring up front is a bit challenging for the gte ecu mod, but then you could have a car that will not need to be constantly set back to stock every couple years.

most of the wiring is just like wiring up an aem ems, you will need to wire up a map sensor and iat seperately from your maf plug if you intend to go back to the stock ecu then you cannot cut the maf wires and reuse. so the gte ecu mod setup of a map sensor and a maf sensor (already wired on your car) is actually less wiring than if you were to go ems with a map and iat, and swap back to maf ever 2 years, because the USDM tt ecu only uses a map and a maf, no seperate iat is needed cause its built into the maf. Either way you have alot of wiring ahead of you, an ems is not just plug and play as much as they really love advertising that, then there is getting it started, tuning, and retuning, and weather changes and more retuning.
with the gte ecu it just works if you do the injectors and wiring up front. As someone who ran a aem ems v1, the gte ecu runs the car much much better it is night and day really. the only time the ems is better is when you are talking about WOT, but power wise its not a huge difference.

If you need to have an ems to run e85 or some special setup then go for it, but if you are concerned about emissions you will have a tough time, because even if you swap back to the stock ecu on odb2, the chances of you getting it to pass without tricking the secondary o2's is mininmal with the turbo still on or a piggyback of some sort, as once it hits lean from the turbo you will register a lean code or random misfire, and you will auto fail. there may be other ways but its for you to decide how much trouble you want to put yourself through every couple years.. lol.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 05-06-13 at 10:33 AM.