Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzge w/ 2jzge harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ 2jzgte FFIM TPS Idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 09:47 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2jzge w/ 2jzge harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ 2jzgte FFIM TPS Idle problems

I am making a separate thread of this problem I am having with the 2jzgte ECU and Intake system on a 2jzge.

First off, I will say that Ali SC3's thread is awesome, you should read it millions of times.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-ecu-mod.html

I cannot get my G'D engine to act right. Here is a video of what is happening so there is no misunderstanding.

This video is NOT WORK SAFE, I am swearing like a sailor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKyp...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-11-13, 01:43 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I am almost positive it is an intake leak. If you have no idle air valve and the throttle plate is mostly closed, you shouldn't have enough air in there to start the car, let alone rev so high. It sounds like its at WOT when the tps is pushed to the left, which is the place it should be set, you just need to bring the rpm's down that has nothing to do with the TPS, there should not be that much air going into the engine.

Is that one hose right behind your throttle body have a plug in it?
and why no Idle valve with the gte intake, the connector is the same just plug it up, but it wont help this problem though.
Old 02-11-13, 01:56 PM
Drift101
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya it sounds like a vacume leak but I dont get why it takes off idle so high is there an idle screw I know with nissans there is just a thought
Old 02-11-13, 02:37 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a fat intake leak, But also ALI maybe you can clear this up. Didnt you mention before the pins on an actual tt TPS being reversed from the ge? could that be the issue? Tps reading open when in fact its closed?

ps. Spool could you pm me with the measures you took to get that tt mani on there? ive read a million different ways just curious how you did yours.
Old 02-11-13, 03:55 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah you reverse all 4 pins, but spool has already done that, we checked over it like 3 times.
messing with the TPS will normally stall the car out if it idling normally. I can tell the tps should be turned to the left in the position where it is revving really high cause its running so smooth, there is just too much air its really a small problem. I don't think you would have this problem with the stock intake manifold.
Old 02-12-13, 02:54 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I am almost positive it is an intake leak. If you have no idle air valve and the throttle plate is mostly closed, you shouldn't have enough air in there to start the car, let alone rev so high.
But where? I sealed the lower intake, the EGR cooler plate on the back of the head, blocked EGR at the intake side, all hoses on the intake manifold are blocked, or going to FPR, and MAP. Throttle screws are set to dead.

It sounds like its at WOT when the tps is pushed to the left, which is the place it should be set, you just need to bring the rpm's down that has nothing to do with the TPS, there should not be that much air going into the engine.
If it's nothing to do with the problem, why is this the third TPS that I have gotten that is out of spec? I have to set the TPS in range and none of them will let me do it.

Is that one hose right behind your throttle body have a plug in it?
and why no Idle valve with the gte intake, the connector is the same just plug it up, but it wont help this problem though.
All hoses plugged or working.

I have no GTE IACV to install. The FFIM came this way.

I hate to say it, and the ge intake would probably solve everything, but with these coils, I can't do a GE intake.
Old 02-12-13, 02:57 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sj408
Spool could you pm me with the measures you took to get that tt mani on there? ive read a million different ways just curious how you did yours.
I just slotted the outer most holes so the FFIM will line up on the studs.

Then cut out a gasket, trim it, bolt it up with 5 out of the 7 bolt holes.
Old 02-12-13, 03:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

you are using a gte ecu and have no iacv to use , if im reading your scnerio correctly ,. the ecu's is looking for the adjustment to balance out idle however i mostly see idle low and dying when a iacv is failing but one being absent is questionable
Old 02-12-13, 03:44 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Correct.

I also just got some codes:

13 -No RPM -That's true I haven't done the cluster mod yet

21- No O2 sensor - I am going over the wiring on this and going to use the ECU's heater control.

41- TPS sensor- When it's on the idle switch it won't rev, when it's off the thing revs to the moon. Either way three TPS have been out of spec.

55- Knock Sensor 2 -Probably have a broken wire.

I am going out this morning to fix these things, the Northeast just got over two and a half feet of snow, so it's been difficult.
Old 02-12-13, 03:46 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

I am almost positive it is an intake leak. If you have no idle air valve and the throttle plate is mostly closed, you shouldn't have enough air in there to start the car, let alone rev so high.
Fix codes and this.^
Old 02-12-13, 04:51 AM
Drift101
Rookie

So there was a leak? What did u fix?
Old 02-12-13, 08:54 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
But where? I sealed the lower intake, the EGR cooler plate on the back of the head, blocked EGR at the intake side, all hoses on the intake manifold are blocked, or going to FPR, and MAP. Throttle screws are set to dead.

If it's nothing to do with the problem, why is this the third TPS that I have gotten that is out of spec? I have to set the TPS in range and none of them will let me do it.

All hoses plugged or working.

I have no GTE IACV to install. The FFIM came this way.

I hate to say it, and the ge intake would probably solve everything, but with these coils, I can't do a GE intake.
True forgot about the coils you would have to rewire for different coils or get another FFIM.
Im not saying you don't have a tps problem, but you have a much larger problem you need to address first and that is a large amount of air getting in somewhere, wouldn't bother trying to set the tps yet with the motor revving out like that. I would find it for you if I was there, I am really trying hard to not blame the gte intake, but my guess is runners 3 and 4 are leaking at the gasket where there is less flange material. I was hoping it wont be the case and it would work out but if you have everything else blocked off that is the most suspect. Maybe weld them together. isnt there some kind of test you can do with spraying something to find leaks?
Old 02-12-13, 05:30 PM
Drift101
Rookie

Yes at a lower idle spray brake cleaner around the intake and see if it revs up that's the best way to find a leaking intake
Old 02-12-13, 08:40 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a IACV on my car and after it starts it still idles correctly. The IACV is disable in my car because i don't have the auto tranny in the car but a manual. The IACV is just a bonus not really necessary for the car to idle. I just rev it for 10 sec and then it will idle like normal.
Old 02-13-13, 05:15 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Drift101
Yes at a lower idle spray brake cleaner around the intake and see if it revs up that's the best way to find a leaking intake
I should just build an intake leak tester, pretending that my throttle is the turbo inlet and add compressed air to the intake.

I also might have a leaking brake booster, which is why I cannot visible confirm a leak.

Back to it, this will run.

Quick Reply: 2jzge w/ 2jzge harness w/ Aristo ECU w/ 2jzgte FFIM TPS Idle problems