Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

buckwheats sc 300

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-12, 09:24 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buckwheats sc 300

So i have been doing some research here on club lexus and have followed allot of your guys advice on some things that i have been running into. And man wow there is allot of confusion out there about this and that. So i did allot of research on other forums about the same issues with like fuel mods and fuel ecu's to run the fuel. And what main ecu's to use and what map or maf base setup to use for your boosted car. I did make a list of all the stuff you will need to complete this setup if anyone need i could pm it to you. I know allot of people have done this but not every build is going to be the same. i did go to the dark side and put in the aristo motor and the soarer 5 speed R154 transmission. with the mk3 front half drive shaft works well by the way. I'm sure most of you already know this
next i installed a welbro 255 fuel pump and went and got the 98 GS 300 fuel ecu and will be wiring that in. I tride to do the harness with another ase certified tech that didn't really know anything about this motor or the car. and it didn't turn out so well so i sent it off and today i just got my harness back from wiring specialties. It didn't take long and they did a grate job. And a new harness for only a thousand dolors shipped not a bad deal. I have heard that allot of you guys are having trouble with tweaked performance you might wanna check them out.

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-03-12 at 06:29 AM. Reason: cleaning it up a little
Old 09-29-12, 09:38 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Default some pics i hope

buckwheats sc 300-img292.jpg

buckwheats sc 300-img283.jpg

buckwheats sc 300-013.jpg

buckwheats sc 300-img123.jpg
Old 09-29-12, 09:38 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Use correct punctuation next time.. Man, it is kinda hard to read .... Lol

Good luck on your build man, it's coming along quite nice.. Keep us posted on the progress.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 09-29-12 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-29-12, 09:42 AM
buckwheat
Driver

sorry man just threw it up i'm in kind of a hurry to go install the harness will do better next time

thanks man for sure. i will keep it updated

Last edited by buckwheat; 09-29-12 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-29-12, 04:45 PM
1SlowSC400
Rookie

Good luck on the build, it should come out awesome
Old 09-29-12, 04:50 PM
buckwheat
Driver

i hope so. I just got the harness in grounded everything down like it should be but i'm not getting it to turn over i tried to plug in the gated shifter thinking it was that and still no go. Any ideas ? pleas don't wanna sound like a noob but i'm stuck
Old 09-30-12, 09:05 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Default more pic's of the harness install

buckwheats sc 300-20120928_155459.jpg
not sure why but the coil igniter ended up in the car?
buckwheats sc 300-20120929_120236.jpg
im emailing them about that because it needs to be grounded right?
buckwheats sc 300-20120929_140626.jpg

buckwheats sc 300-20120929_144949.jpg

buckwheats sc 300-20120929_155428.jpg
Old 10-02-12, 05:55 AM
buckwheat
Driver

well i get to crank over and it sound like it wants to start. but it dose not. I did the fuel mod and ran the neutral safety switch bypass and got no fire. got crank and i can here the fuel pump. and it sound like it wants to but just dose not fire any ideas anyone?
Old 10-03-12, 07:11 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by buckwheat
So i have been doing some research here on club lexus and have followed allot of your guys advice on some things that i have been running into. And man wow there is allot of confusion out there about this and that. So i did allot of research on other forums about the same issues with like fuel mods and fuel ecu's to run the fuel. And what main ecu's to use and what map or maf base setup to use for your boosted car. I did make a list of all the stuff you will need to complete this setup if anyone need i could pm it to you. I know allot of people have done this but not every build is going to be the same. i did go to the dark side and put in the aristo motor and the soarer 5 speed R154 transmission. with the mk3 front half drive shaft works well by the way. I'm sure most of you already know this
next i installed a welbro 255 fuel pump and went and got the 98 GS 300 fuel ecu and will be wiring that in. I tride to do the harness with another ase certified tech that didn't really know anything about this motor or the car. and it didn't turn out so well so i sent it off and today i just got my harness back from wiring specialties. It didn't take long and they did a grate job. And a new harness for only a thousand dolors shipped not a bad deal. I have heard that allot of you guys are having trouble with tweaked performance you might wanna check them out.
Edited for content.

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance

Last edited by TweakTech; 11-20-12 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 07:02 PM
buckwheat
Driver

well then i do apologize for they have lied to me because they told me that they built it. hmm well then i thank you then and i take back everything i said. and i complement you guys on the work you did. awesome job guy's. but for some reason i'm getting it to turn over but no fire it wants to start but just does not. Do the fuel lines in the sc 300 run in a different direction from the aristo? my fuel is feeding from the bottom line and not the top line is that right? because i thought it feed from the top and returned from the bottom line at the back by the block?
Old 10-03-12, 07:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

How is the coils, plugs, ignitor and the map sensor? All of these should be checked. Many people will tell you to undo the fuel ecu mod on this type of swap. Causes hydro locking eventually by past members on here of what I have read. I would run a separate relay from the battery to a new relay and eliminate the factory ecu completely. Thats what I did. Check the cylinders and see if they are filling up with fuel, causing too much to fire... Try the simple things first. Also check the resistance on the injectors and see if any.. I am not sure which fuel line is feed, just follow the line to you see the fuel filter, you know then, its the feed.
Old 10-04-12, 05:54 AM
buckwheat
Driver

thanks for the info i really appreciate that. yeah i'm going to check all that today after work. yesterday I checked the fuel line its pushing from the bottom connection and flowing threw the top as a returning back to the tank. and so if i get you right just setup a relay in place of where the fuel ecu was? i read someones post and they were using a 98 GS 300 fuel ecu and it worked out grate for him. i just wish i knew how he hooked it up there is 6 wires instead 5 wires that come on the sc 300 and they are different color as you can see herebuckwheats sc 300-20120929_135041.jpg

buckwheats sc 300-20120929_135033.jpg
Old 10-04-12, 06:18 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Default sc 300 fuel ecu

for some reason it wont let me post another pic of the sc 300 fuel ecu
Attached Thumbnails buckwheats sc 300-20120929_134929.jpg  

Last edited by buckwheat; 10-04-12 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-04-12, 06:34 AM
buckwheat
Driver

Default 98 GS 300 fuel ecu

I found the post by 98SC..
I got the GS fuel pump controller and wired it in this weekend. It uses a different connector which I had to splice into the SC body harness. Also, it has an additional wire that is a dedicated ground for the fuel pump versus the original fuel pump controller which just has one ground that goes to the common body ground and fuel pump. Another thing I noticed on the pigtail connector was how much larger the stock GS +12V wire is compared to the SC's...

Anyway, it works great and the Aristo ECU is now controlling my fuel pump No more 12V mod to get my fuel pump running. So, for a swap using the vvti Aristo motor and ECU, the 2nd gen GS fuel pump controller (89570-30180) is needed unless you want to "hotwire" the pump and bypass the FPC and ECU.
Old 10-04-12, 06:58 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Hey bud,

OK, your igniter does not need to be grounded to the chassis like your original GE igniter did. The GTE igniter gets it's ground through the 4 pin plug. You can essentially mount it anywhere. We just put it inside the car so there's one less thing in the engine bay cluttering it up!

If you'd like, shoot me a PM with your number, and I can give you a call and we can do some over the phone trouble shooting for your no start issue. Just let me know when you're able to be there to work on the car and I'll give you a ring!

-Cam, Tweak'd Performance

Quick Reply: buckwheats sc 300