Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ceramic Turbos + Meth / Water Injection

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 05:26 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Quicksc4;7066153
You don't know how many miles on them , i wouldn't run 18 psi unless i just wanna blow them up because i have a single setup waiting to go on or just wanna see the max they will take before they blow up and i have a single setup ready to go!

If you are not ready to go single don't do it please .[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In my case it was a gamble and I do have a 60-1 waiting. However, a year later of tempting fate it's still holding strong with just the slightest puff of smoke when letting off at redline which is unchanged from when I threw the motor in.

I say do it. Throw meth and water at it and see if it out-survives mine a year later.
Old 03-06-12, 08:52 AM
sikes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After over 20 years of these engines and turbos being around surprisingly persons still asking questions as to what cause the blade to part company with the shaft. Strangely answers are few because we always afraid that if we try and study it the worst will happen. Also consider that he can do nothing and one day they may still go from normal usage, and ready or not he gonna have to be replaced one way or the other.
I think the question that should be asked is are there ways to minimize such occurrence and is he gonna take those step, will he document it here on the forum and will it be discussed in a manner to seek to provide answers and gain knowledge or are we content to always say well the twin will blow and leave it like that? Surprisingly many guys who have taken the chance still got the turbos working now, if the turbos won't taken good care of and are not in good condition then he should be looking at replacing them anyway.
Old 03-19-12, 09:22 PM
isadream
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a devilsown meth kit and you will not go wrong. www.alcohol-injection.com

i have it on my car and love it.