Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Which intercooler and piping for JDM 2jzgte swap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 05:49 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Which intercooler and piping for JDM 2jzgte swap?

I am currently swapping in a jdm 2jzgte and I have no idea what to do for the intercooler and piping.

I am keeping the stock twins for the time being. Is there someone that makes a front mount intercooler kit to work with the SC300?

Any suggestions?
Old 08-24-11, 06:48 PM
trancuongv
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I am currently swapping in a jdm 2jzgte and I have no idea what to do for the intercooler and piping.

I am keeping the stock twins for the time being. Is there someone that makes a front mount intercooler kit to work with the SC300?

Any suggestions?
I bought a Godspeed MKIV turbo intercooler kit and with some modification they fit great. Or you can get a universal fmic with cx racing intercooler pipe kit. All on eBay.
Old 08-24-11, 07:02 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like just getting a universal 2.5" piping kit off ebay for 80 bucks shipped does the trick. There are some threads on here that I got alot of ideas from. I searched intercooler install.

You have three options on the passenger side.

- Through the fender area you can easily fit a 2.5" pipe and snake down to a fmic
- Route a 2.5" pipe under the headlight where the airbox shroud used to be
- Route the piping down and around the lower radiator hose next to the fan (prob not the easiest when using the stock twins but does the trick on a singled setup. The problem with this method is you have the alternator in the way, the lower radiator hose, and the sway bar to go around.)

The drivers side is trickier due to the power steering hard lines, the A/C dryer tube needs to be moved upwards, and the A/C lines / power steering pressure hoses hinder the piping to go through to the throttle body easily. I think the A/C lines can be unbolted and "massaged" open a bit to fit the pipe through.
Old 08-28-11, 04:13 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default There are a few examples with the Twin Turbo.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-have-any.html

There are a few examples with the Twin Turbo.