Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Can I run an aristo ecu on my 1jz soarer swap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 06:50 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I run an aristo ecu on my 1jz soarer swap?

I was thinking of borrowing an aristo ecu for temporary use until my 1jz ecu is fixed. Can I just plug the aristo ecu in and drive on that for a week or so? When I say drive I mean granny the car every where until I get my ecu back.

If not the my car will be stuck and I need my car
Old 03-02-11, 06:59 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No you can't use 2jz ecu on the 1jz harness no possible unless you make a patch harness.
Old 03-02-11, 07:03 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quickGS300
No you can't use 2jz ecu on the 1jz harness no possible unless you make a patch harness.
Cool well thought I would ask because I need my car running. Thanks for the info though.
Old 03-02-11, 07:07 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Yes you can't use it, the Aristo ecu connector are bigger than the 1jzgte.
Instead of trying to fix the 1jzgte ECU , or buying a used ECU every other month i would just get the patch harness to run a 2jzgte ECU and never look back.
Old 03-02-11, 07:30 AM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by quickGS300
Yes you can't use it, the Aristo ecu connector are bigger than the 1jzgte.
Instead of trying to fix the 1jzgte ECU , or buying a used ECU every other month i would just get the patch harness to run a 2jzgte ECU and never look back.
So all you need is a different jumper harness and the 2jzgte ecu? No wiring required or is there something else that needs to be done to allow it to work.
Old 03-02-11, 09:55 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Call 404-474-4573 his name is Joshua Aka (Dr Tweak) and tell him you need a patch harmess so you you can use the 2jzgte aristo ECU on your 1jzgte SC.
Gl let me know how it goes.
Old 03-02-11, 08:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

the jumper harness is basically a rewiring at the ecu. The 1jzgte, 2jzgte, and 2jzge pretty much use interchangeable sensors for most things, just have to move all the pins around and the 1jz uses a different ecu connector altogether.
if you use the aristo ecu, it will not be limping around, it will drive quite well if you have the jumper harness (or rewire yourself) and match the injectors or run a piggyback as the only thing throwing it off will be injector size differences as the aristo is tuned for 440cc and the 1jz uses smaller injectors.
Old 05-19-11, 10:43 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

^ say word.. I will be looking into this.. however I have a newb question (forgive me) what are the better characteristics of the aristo ecu over the 1J?

Sorry for the, almost, 3 month bump..
Old 05-19-11, 11:08 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

The 1jzgte ECU is retarded, you will always have ECU issues lol been there and done that i mean all kind of stupid issues, idle,running rich, pop, smokes and back fire for no reason and then will go back to normal.
Old 05-19-11, 01:31 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
The 1jzgte ECU is retarded, you will always have ECU issues lol been there and done that i mean all kind of stupid issues, idle,running rich, pop, smokes and back fire for no reason and then will go back to normal.
funny that you say that.. as I recently changed my auto 1jz ecu (new caps and no issues) to a 5spd one and i get the back firing if I press it, let off the gas and then touch the gas, POP and then back to normal.. and definitely running rich..

Hmm.. I may have to do this..
Old 05-19-11, 03:08 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

i thought i read something somewhere that the maps in the 2jz ecu were better/more detailed.

does anyone have any info on this?
Old 05-21-11, 09:42 AM
Bigzavs
Driver

The 2JZ ecu is all around better than the 1JZ, no question about that. The map and timing curves are better, as well as they are stock setup for larger injectors. They are sequential injection as well instead of batch injection like the 1JZ. The only downside of the 2J ecu is you will lose the 1J's 7300 redline, for around 6700 with the 2J.

Now, if you get a patch harness, its not as simple as plugging in the patch harness and 2J ecu and driving off. You will have to run 3 additional wires to the injectors to run the sequential injection. If you do not do this, the ecu will shut itself into safe mode because it doesn't sense the other injectors firing. This will leave you SOL wherever you are.
Old 05-21-11, 05:53 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

it's funny, this is the third thread i found about this topic...im still a little hesitant about doing it due to the lack of info between the 1JZ and 2JZ Aristo ECMs. I know so far about some of the wiring changes, injector changes, etc. but no one seems to know straight up the fuel map differences between the two. I would think that there would be an advantage with the Aristo ECU, but there's nothing definite. If anyone can shed some clear light on this issue speak up
Old 05-21-11, 08:57 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StiCk3
it's funny, this is the third thread i found about this topic...im still a little hesitant about doing it due to the lack of info between the 1JZ and 2JZ Aristo ECMs. I know so far about some of the wiring changes, injector changes, etc. but no one seems to know straight up the fuel map differences between the two. I would think that there would be an advantage with the Aristo ECU, but there's nothing definite. If anyone can shed some clear light on this issue speak up
Need Dyno else this talk bout the 2JZ ECU superior to a 1JZ ECU on a 1JZ engine is hearsay.

I would imagine the 2JZ ECU would be mapped for 3 liters and the lower rev-limiter compromises a large 1JZ advantage.
Old 05-21-11, 10:02 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigzavs
The 2JZ ecu is all around better than the 1JZ, no question about that. The map and timing curves are better, as well as they are stock setup for larger injectors. They are sequential injection as well instead of batch injection like the 1JZ. The only downside of the 2J ecu is you will lose the 1J's 7300 redline, for around 6700 with the 2J.

Now, if you get a patch harness, its not as simple as plugging in the patch harness and 2J ecu and driving off. You will have to run 3 additional wires to the injectors to run the sequential injection. If you do not do this, the ecu will shut itself into safe mode because it doesn't sense the other injectors firing. This will leave you SOL wherever you are.
you would only need extra wiring if you are keeping your 1jz harness, which you would never do if you were to use an Aristo Ecu. the plugs arent even close.

The idea is you use a stock sc300 harness, which plugs directly into an Aristo ECU, and also directly into the sc300 (where it came from). The 1jz and 2jz use basically the same sensors, you may have to extend a few connectors, wire up the cam/crank sensors to the old distributor plug, install map sensor and IAT where the old maf plug was and install the ignition harness which you can rip off your old harness. you will need larger injectors which are very easy to come by some 440cc or larger with a piggyback.

Originally Posted by account2x
Need Dyno else this talk bout the 2JZ ECU superior to a 1JZ ECU on a 1JZ engine is hearsay.

I would imagine the 2JZ ECU would be mapped for 3 liters and the lower rev-limiter compromises a large 1JZ advantage.
I agree, I would like to see a dyno to confirm it.
I feel like the advantages of a newer ecu and sequential injection alone are worth it enough though, and being able to run larger injectors like factory. I don't feel like 600rpm at redline is gonna make a huge difference, but the best part about this is a AEM v1 box plugs directly into a stock sc300 ecu plug, which means you dont need a jumper harness for a standalone. Then you can map it and rev to whatever you decide to set it at.

Quick Reply: Can I run an aristo ecu on my 1jz soarer swap?