Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-09, 10:21 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!

XLS spreadsheet appended below.

I have found no write up or FAq found on club na-t for this, no walkthrough or faq on how to wire this puzzle.

This is a thread to document the puzzle i worked on for 3 weeks or so, many others have done this prior to me but may not be so willing to share.

wiring on aristo wiring/ecu install into a->2jz-ge car

the logic is to take the 2jz-ge harness (which fits and runs your car currently), and configure it to be identical to the aristo 2jz-gte ecu and physically connect to the engine sensor plugs.

if you compare the pinouts between both you will see that:

inj 1-6, ground, map, water/oil temp, datalink connector, GE1/2 for crank/cam are all in the same place between jdm aristo 2jzgte and usdm 2jz-ge

they differ for ignition setup- simply remove the wires from the jdm harness and pin them into the place of the usdm wires - each ecu plug is 40 pins and the wires can be removed individually.

The Aristo wiring harness only has 2 ecu plugs, and one weird giant body plug. its 3rd ecu pug is connected to the body interior harness, not the engine harness. - You can dis-regard this big body plug as you wont need it

Sc300 2jzge has the identical 3 ECU plugs as a 2jzgte ecu (aristo or supra, dosnt matter- same 3 40 pin ecu plugs) -the 3 ecu plugs are 1 big double with a 10mm bolt, and 1 single 40 pin plug.

The OEM SC300 single ecu plug is identical to the Aristo in its functions- this plug connects to the body and handles things like fuel pump power, vehicle speed, CEL, AC, defogger, etc. you can use this plug and all of its wiring AS IS -no need to modify.I did not need to add the additional Aristo wires to that plug because i was not interested in running the automatic transmission and its related garbage.

Procedure:
1. remove tape from harness (both). clean up

2. Chase the wires from the sc300 2jz-GE double plug, and dis-connect them from from the wires coming from the single plug alone - you want to disconnect the double plug (engine only) from the single plug (body) --> the goal is to have a SC300 engine harness without the GE engine control portion. connecting wires will be T's into sensor shared power, or T's into EFI+ power or common Ground. Easy to find, trace and remove

3. On the aristo double plug, you will be removing (de-pinning) the automatic transmission parts first, I removed the sequential turbo vsv's but you dont have to remove them. Once you have de-pinned the auto wires, seperate them from the loom. I also removed the Large Aristo specific body connector by chasing its wires and dis-connecting them from the engine control double harness.

4. Now you have a 2jz-GE sc300 body harness that cannot run an engine, and a Aristo 2jz-gte harness without connections to the body. The aristo portion will need power and ground, the Sc300 portion has power and ground. Connect power wires to power, ground wires to ground per OEM style - even the colours are the same- brown with white strip is ground, Black with orange stripe is EFI+ power. The Ignition and fuel injectors are all powered via the EFI+ per Factory wiring manual. The harness parts will be connected via power/ground and @ the ECU itself.

the NA GE injector wires and TPS wires are actually identical and do not need to be exchanged if not desired, but for ease of converstion - i just simply removed each wire individually from the double connector (after my pruning) and pinned it into the exact identical location, making the GE harness a GTE harness.

4. Obviously when you are done, you will have a mess of wires, many that are not long enough. I initially left the ECU in the engine bay to troubleshoot while I worked on routing wires, then moved it to proper location after a day or so of organization.

this is where it gets messy: you need to make sure that all the grounds (brown with white stripe) and all the IGN+ power (black with orange stripe) are collected together. Once you have everything connected, start routing and wrapping your wires. I had to extend a one of the ignitor wires, water temp sensor, IAT sensor, O2 sensor to midpipe (JDM uses a single 3 wire o2 sensor, I bought a bosch universal part from autozone for a nissan altima)- TPS, the injectors (i also wired a MK3 resistor pack to work with mk4 usdm denso 550's), but kept the key sensors 100% untouched- crank angle sensor, cam x2, knock sensors - these did not need extending. I had to extend the small single 40 pin ecu plug as well.

5. Test fit and fire! This may take a while
if you are using aristo trans u will have to transfer the aristo trans wiring pins also, I have a 5mt sc300 and i deleted the TRAC setup, all VSV- im doing a TTC/Manual boost controler/5mt swap

reference threads (where I got aristo pinout diagrams / images / info):

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ht=wiring+peer
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?optio...d=34&Itemid=50
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=994419

SC300 ecu pinout thread reference:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ion-sc300.html

my car build/swap thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-progress.html

Last edited by wanganstyl; 04-07-09 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-17-09, 11:46 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

This has already been done on ClubNA-T. There is a full write-up too.
Old 02-17-09, 12:21 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

can you link it? i have not at all been able to find that document, only the youtube of bean doing it and scarce info about it.
Old 02-17-09, 12:56 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2952

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5545

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6588
Old 02-17-09, 01:23 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

i compiled a chart with pinout for E9/E10 comparing directly the Aristo and 2jz-GE ecu

this info hasn't been published by anyone exactly, i dont know why.

attached via XLS with colour code key

club na+t research has been either :

running aristo ecu on stock 2jz-ge with jump harness
running 7mgte CPS on 2jz-ge to remove dizzy ; can use aristo or stock ecu (and retrofit cop ignition)
Attached Files
File Type: xls
aristo vs ge.xls (33.5 KB, 2256 views)
Old 02-17-09, 07:35 PM
DJ420a
Pole Position

Now....is there one that goes into detail installing an Aristo harness into your Sc400? lol
Old 02-17-09, 08:14 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

the logic is the same if you have a sc400- you could use my pinout the same
same, but you have to have the harness of a NA 2jz-ge to do what i did. the NA 2jz-ge harnesses are dirt cheap and plentiful, plugs into your sc400 as well.

you could also get the 1 small ecu plug from a 2jzge (any gs300/sc300) and make 1 harness out of the 2jzgte aristo wires and your 1uz wires, make them pin into the proper sports.
Old 02-18-09, 06:48 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice work...have you started the car yet? I guess you are running this in TTC mode. I will be as well.
Old 02-18-09, 10:58 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

im doing TTC, 5mt, no trac, minimal everything.

will wire it up in the next few days (been busy with lsd install on my scarce free time)

will update, but in theory it has to work (has been done before). nothing new, but id like to make it public info and write up a FAQ to contribute to the community- nobody likes to share wiring info for some reason- WHY NOT!

SHARE! share is good, makes everyone happy!
Old 02-18-09, 11:10 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THANK YOU!!! that is what I was working on and then moved to the USDM harness. I still would like to finish up my JDM thought. It is Auto but not much differences.
Old 02-18-09, 01:47 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

seriously, the JDM is easier than usdm- the current ge harness has half the wires in the same place already, and no need to re-route the body plugs, etc-....because they are ALREADY THERE!
Old 02-18-09, 07:12 PM
DJ420a
Pole Position

Im trying to keep it on the same subject, so I'll ask in here.

Does anybody know if the 2jzge harness in a NA Supra MKIV is the same as an SC300?
Old 02-19-09, 01:48 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Awsome contribution!!! you guys are making it worse for me to decide which swap id like to do lol
Old 02-20-09, 11:07 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DJ420a
Im trying to keep it on the same subject, so I'll ask in here.

Does anybody know if the 2jzge harness in a NA Supra MKIV is the same as an SC300?

NO. the Ik1/2 ij1/2 setup (body plugs) are differnt. they are not plug and play.

only thing plug and play in your car is:

the harness in your car.
Old 03-09-09, 01:01 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

wanganstyl, were you able to get the pinouts for connecting the ECU to the gauge cluster?

Quick Reply: Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out!