Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help! GTE swap w/6spd question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 03:40 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! GTE swap w/6spd question...

Here's the deal. I have a Getrag that will be here next week, and it's coming with the 6 speed pumpkin, 6 speed axles, and a 6 speed driveshaft. I'm in a bind to get the car finished, and the only thing that's holding me up is the fact that I don't think I can get the driveshaft modified by the deadline. Does anyone know how far off the supra 6 speed driveshaft is from working in our cars, if you're using the 6 speed pumpkin and axles? Does it still need to be modified? Does anyone have measurements/dimensions as to what the driveshaft needs to be? Is this a one piece or two piece shaft? It's the only roadblock I'm having right now, and I'm just not sure how much modifying you need to do.
***NOTE***
My car is an SC300, and already has the 5 speed in it, while having a supra GTE motor swapped in, so I'm not running NA-T. Also, the Getrag, axles, pumpkin, etc, won't be here until Wednesday, so it only leaves me 2-3 days to finish the car before I'm supposed to be at the track. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 04-25-08, 03:57 PM
blackops
Rookie

It's 2 piece. As far as the deadline goes, if you have a deep enough wallet anything is possible to have it all fit.
Old 04-25-08, 04:01 PM
TTSC3
Pole Position

It's possible, but unlikely. I'm just trying to get a jump on it a few days out. Any more specifics on the driveshaft? How far off is the factory 6 speed shaft from working in the SC300?