Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

odd clutch pedal problem!!! some insight please

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 06:50 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default odd clutch pedal problem!!! some insight please

well its been a year since ive had my car and another problem has arised...

--- problem ---

the clutch goes down when pressed but does not come back up when i let off...

yes i do know to make sure there is fluid and there is...

--- it works fine when ---

if i press it down and let off of it right away quickly... just stomping the pedal (like when youre racing and want the clutch to engage fast)

--- what makes it odd ---it only happens when i press it down then slowly let off (or if i hold it half way in where the engagement point is) like when trying to take off in 1st gear or trying to shift smoothly

if i try to leave first gear the pedal will only come up half way. now the engagement point is in between what i have left. and as i keep pressing it, ot gets lower and lower til it to the floor and theres nothing left...

BUTwhen it all the way on the floor or just coming up half way i can pick it up with my foot and its normal again... but as i try to leave 1st again the pedal starts sinking

--- what is it? ---i know if there is a leak or im low in fluid it wont come back up at all... if i pick it up with my foot it would just drop back down with no fluid. i would have to fill it back up and pump it to make it feel normal...

but i can make it feel normal by just picking the pedal back up. it springs right back up.

feels like theres no fluid pushing it back up... but usually you if there isnt you have to pump it to get the fluid back. but this comes right back by just picking the pedal up

---- maybe its an air bubble ----

just seeing what it could be or if anyone had this problem before... is it the slave cylinder or master cylinder.

ive had a bad slave before... pedal never worked even it there was fluid and it leaked it all out.

same thing with a bad master cylinder fluid leaks and never comes up...

i have no leak, i have fluid but the pedal doesnt come up.
Old 06-29-07, 09:12 AM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone.....
Old 06-29-07, 12:13 PM
dinhnerz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try bleeding the clutch. Otherwise could be the pressure for the clutch master/slave cylinder is bad.
Old 07-01-07, 12:06 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PROPERLY BLEED LINES and adjust ur pedal it seems like the pedal is not adjusted. its a 14mm nut that is connected to the clutch cylinder rod. loosen the nut then turn it couter colcokwise 45 degrees at a time and test til proper pedal feel is achieved.