Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZ wowes.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 10:57 AM
Answer300
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts
Default 1JZ wowes.........

well here is another 1J issue im having with my car. i purchased a 1j motor from a good friend of mine in January. when i finally got time to inspect the motor i found out it was a Supra swap instead. nowing that the wiring and ecu are not compatible, i began my search for the correct components to make it a straight forward install. then i notice when i got the other harness, its from a chaser! granted that its not cut and it did come with the correct ecu i dont want to part ways with it. is there a way that i ca use this all together and still have all of the functions on the car such as AC and others or am i SOL!!!
Old 05-02-07, 11:00 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc_sauce'd
well here is another 1J issue im having with my car. i purchased a 1j motor from a good friend of mine in January. when i finally got time to inspect the motor i found out it was a Supra swap instead. nowing that the wiring and ecu are not compatible, i began my search for the correct components to make it a straight forward install. then i notice when i got the other harness, its from a chaser! granted that its not cut and it did come with the correct ecu i dont want to part ways with it. is there a way that i ca use this all together and still have all of the functions on the car such as AC and others or am i SOL!!!
the chaser harness doesnt even have all the ecu plugs you need. the rest are in the actual car. you can use the ecu, but get a soarer harness. It's so much easier.
Old 05-02-07, 11:14 AM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by tavarish
the chaser harness doesnt even have all the ecu plugs you need. the rest are in the actual car. you can use the ecu, but get a soarer harness. It's so much easier.

actually i found a soultion for that. the 2 plugs that were missing; i used Toyota Camry plugs and re-pined them to the Soarer specs courtesy of a Soarer ECU pinout i sourced from the net. i have the ecu ready to accept the wiring its just that i need to find the wiring that controls AC and other functions on the car. im willing to splice into the body wiring of the car because this is the only swap that will be performed on the car
Old 05-02-07, 11:17 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually i found a soultion for that. the 2 plugs that were missing; i used Toyota Camry plugs and re-pined them to the Soarer specs courtesy of a Soarer ECU pinout i sourced from the net. i have the ecu ready to accept the wiring its just that i need to find the wiring that controls AC and other functions on the car. im willing to splice into the body wiring of the car because this is the only swap that will be performed on the car
In that case, get the fsm for the sc300 and get crackin!

What kind of camry was it?
Old 05-02-07, 11:22 AM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by tavarish
In that case, get the fsm for the sc300 and get crackin!

What kind of camry was it?
i believe it was from a 94-96 Camry.
Old 05-02-07, 11:30 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn looks like you went through a lot just getting the right products. I just called a place, they have 4 soarer clips. I'm dishing out few extra hundred to get the clip.

Good luck
-hass
Old 05-02-07, 11:38 AM
Answer300
Racer

well it wasnt that bad...i bought the motor for 700; has 26,000 miles on it and my friend bought it from Car Friend in Japan. the motor is in excellent shape and they even provided a vid of the motor running before they took it out!

i didnt pay anything for the Chaser harness and ECU. i guess im something like a pimp........
Old 05-02-07, 02:44 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it wasnt that bad...i bought the motor for 700; has 26,000 miles on it and my friend bought it from Car Friend in Japan. the motor is in excellent shape and they even provided a vid of the motor running before they took it out!

i didnt pay anything for the Chaser harness and ECU. i guess im something like a pimp........
Well you didn't do bad at all than lol
-hass
Old 05-02-07, 08:33 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by hass
Well you didn't do bad at all than lol
-hass
i saw where you were looking for a clip. have you checked superior trading international here in abiline, tx? they have GREAT prices on their products.