Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need help with safc2

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-05, 06:08 AM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Default need help with safc2

I recently tried to install the apexi safc 2 in the 93 sc300. the manual that came with of course didn't have our car listed. so i proceeded to use the diagram for the soarer and 2zjge engine code. diagram t7c. well everything went ok until the last wire. the pin where it was supposed to be there wasn't a wire there. so i'm like great. i call apexi and they have no wiring diagram for out ecu. i hooked up the pressure signal wires for the safc to the airflow wire on the other soarers diagram the one for the v8 or uzfe or whatever it is. everything checked out except that one wire i did the initial setup and selected pressure for sensor type. the car ran like ****. well every other wire checked out the ground power throttle and rpm. i had sensor type as presure in and out as 3 and 3. the 6 for cylinder type and throtte possition as the northwest arrow the arrow pointing upwards to the right. So can anyone tell me what wire it is or what i'm doing wrong. by the way i'm guessing its a pressure signal and not the karman setting right. so i used the yellow and white wire instead of the pink and orange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-05, 04:05 PM
kenso
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the SC uses a MAF sensor instead of MAP sensor, I think you need to set the sensor type to karman. MAP sensor systems use pressure as the sensor type. I'm 99% certain MAF should be karman.
Old 06-14-05, 10:16 AM
inovashn
Intermediate

i guess since no one wants to reply that means either two things, the jack@$$$ that have done it are too good to help someone out or that i'm the first to do the install. I figured it out and its up and running. so if anyone needs any help let me know.
Old 06-14-05, 10:36 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by inovashn
i guess since no one wants to reply that means either two things, the jack@$$$ that have done it are too good to help someone out or that i'm the first to do the install. I figured it out and its up and running. so if anyone needs any help let me know.
i would have chimed in but I have no clue on the install on it for a JZ engine... only UZ engines..

were you able to find your results through searching clublexus or somewhere else?
If you found out by doing a search, that's what you should have done in the first place anyways. If you figured out how to do it on your own then congrats. I think for future reference and to help out other member you should post step by step on how to on this

good work!

Last edited by VSsc400; 06-14-05 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-14-05, 01:32 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

supraforum has a very detailed how-to with color diagrams
Old 06-14-05, 01:58 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T7-c is for the aristo and the jza80 Supra, not the Soarer. I have mine installed, and working, but I have a 1jz so I used a different diagram. Glad to hear you fixed the problem though. Now go get it tuned
Old 06-14-05, 03:33 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by inovashn
Firstly, I hope you are not calling me a jackass.

Secondly, I did not notice the thread until just now, and like Dennis, I did mine on the T7-A diagram so I am sure I would not have been any help.

I think you are the first to use the S-AFC on the 2JZ

Jonny
Old 06-14-05, 04:21 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

i'm not trying to **** anyone off, its nice to get help if you need it. thats all i was saying. as far as searching. yes i searched up and down this forum for over an hour. As to which diagram used it was indeed the T7-a.
Attached Thumbnails need help with safc2-100_0279.jpg  
Old 06-14-05, 04:28 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

You use the red black brown orange pink green and purple wires. tape off the yellow white and blue. the settings for everything basic is that sensor type is karman, the throttle position is upwards to the right. as far as the knock signal you'll have to set that up with your car.
Attached Thumbnails need help with safc2-100_0280.jpg  
Old 06-14-05, 05:50 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

out of curiosity, is there a back panel behind the safc so that it doesnt fall back? Mine kinda looks like that but its in the glove compartment.
Old 06-15-05, 08:57 AM
inovashn
Intermediate

nope there is nothing behind that panel but epoxy and black hot glue.