Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Noob here with a ? (2jz swap into SC400 and turbo v8)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-05, 06:40 PM
NuttySC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob here with a ? (2jz swap into SC400 and turbo v8)

Hi everyone.. I'm a newbie to the site and i have been looking around for the pass couple of months here at ClubLexus. I have been alooking around for SC because i think its a wonderful car and plus my S2k is always getting hit on (egged and people putting dents in it). Also i'm looking for another car to play with. i have a good deal on a 95 SC400, but i was looking for a 300. The price on the 400 is a good deal 3,500 a little body damage.. fixable and its a 95.

So heres my question.. Can i put s Swap in it? like a 2jz. I have a friend and hes bro has a SC300 with a 2jz (which i know they can be swap with no problem) well he told me if i was to swap the 400 i would have to change the tranny and do some wireing.

What do you guys say about this? can it be done? a Sc400 v8 turn in to a v6 turbo?

and why i dont just turbo the V8... well there is alot more things you can to with the 2jz and the 1jz.
Old 04-07-05, 07:26 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by *******
Hi everyone.. I'm a newbie to the site and i have been looking around for the pass couple of months here at ClubLexus. I have been alooking around for SC because i think its a wonderful car and plus my S2k is always getting hit on (egged and people putting dents in it). Also i'm looking for another car to play with. i have a good deal on a 95 SC400, but i was looking for a 300. The price on the 400 is a good deal 3,500 a little body damage.. fixable and its a 95.

So heres my question.. Can i put s Swap in it? like a 2jz. I have a friend and hes bro has a SC300 with a 2jz (which i know they can be swap with no problem) well he told me if i was to swap the 400 i would have to change the tranny and do some wireing.

What do you guys say about this? can it be done? a Sc400 v8 turn in to a v6 turbo?

and why i dont just turbo the V8... well there is alot more things you can to with the 2jz and the 1jz.
If you turbo the 400 I believe you will lose your AC and Power Steering.

The cost/time to put a 2JZ in a 400 is not worth it. Just hold off for the 300.

Jonny
Old 04-07-05, 07:49 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by *******
So heres my question.. Can i put s Swap in it? like a 2jz. What do you guys say about this? can it be done? a Sc400 v8 turn in to a v6 turbo?
The SC300 already comes with the 2jz - just the naturally aspirated version. If you want to do a swap.. get the SC300 from the start. You will want to change the tranny [if auto] because the lexus tranny won't hold much more than stock power. On a last note - it's not a V6.
Old 04-07-05, 08:04 PM
NuttySC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BrownDuckz
The SC300 already comes with the 2jz - just the naturally aspirated version. If you want to do a swap.. get the SC300 from the start. You will want to change the tranny [if auto] because the lexus tranny won't hold much more than stock power. On a last note - it's not a V6.
ummm okay dude i'm not a dumb F. I know the SC300 comes with the 2jz-ge NON TURBO! for the tranny.. i'm abouting the V8 to the v6, not auto to 5spd. my friend brother did a with his SC300 with a 2jz-gte. why did he do it because he felt like it and because the use to own a supra that was a Drag car, daily drivin. *undergroundracing.com* Phongs supra. which you can find one of his vids there.

My question fromt the start is if there is a way to Swap a SC400 to a 2jz-gte. sorry if i got you mixed up by not putting ge or gte. Next time dont try to school me, because i do search. As for this topic i didnt find it on search.
Old 04-07-05, 08:08 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Old 04-07-05, 08:31 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Pirate400
Sorry, that name wasn't appropriate for our forum. I've given you a new one you can keep or PM me if you want something else.
Old 04-07-05, 08:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by NuttySC
My question fromt the start is if there is a way to Swap a SC400 to a 2jz-gte. sorry if i got you mixed up by not putting ge or gte. Next time dont try to school me, because i do search. As for this topic i didnt find it on search.
Nutty, please watch the 'Dumb F' language. This is a PG forum, keep it friendly

As for the search on that item, there are LOTS of threads out there on this.

With advanced search I looked at the SC forum for 'SC400 2jz swap' and found these

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...sc400+2jz+swap
from that thread I linked
Used the keywords "supra swap sc400" and found lots of info in just a few seconds. Here are a few:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...pra+swap+sc400

plenty more of them

Oh, and welcome to CLubLexus! I see you're local to me.
Old 04-07-05, 08:35 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

i'm abouting the V8 to the v6, not auto to 5spd.
Next time dont try to school me, because i do search. As for this topic i didnt find it on search.

i just cant help myself
Old 04-07-05, 08:41 PM
Aristo300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ummm okay dude i'm not a dumb F. I know the SC300 comes with the 2jz-ge NON TURBO!
For the second time.. it's not a V6. I'm aware you're talking about a 2jz-gte. I'm telling you - if you want to swap, buy a SC300. It will just make things easier. Your transmission question does not make sense.. don't use that 13 year old jibberish.
Old 04-07-05, 08:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Guys, cut him some slack and get the thread back on topic. If you aren't going to contribute anything other than negative comments then don't post. Help the guy out, he's new.

BrownDuckz, your signature is too big, please update the size. Max size on CL is 450x100. Thanks Please check your PM

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-07-05 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 09:28 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=engine+swap

read up bro!
i can dig up a couple more if you like
Old 04-07-05, 09:32 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

better yet, if you insist on swapping 2jz into SC400, there is a guy who is parting one out, when he is done - buy a rolling chassis and build away
Old 04-07-05, 09:53 PM
NuttySC
Driver School Candidate

Its okay for the name change.. i'm fine with it...

I apologize for the miss understanding. For the last post above, i typyed fast in a hurry because i had to leave to get some pie (hungry). I didnt read what i typed and fix my errors, sorry for that.

As most post on other sites.. i just dont trust other with low post counts. As for the others i do. and TY for helping me out...

also i apologize to brownduckz for my word of actions and again sorry to get on the wrong foot with you.

I dont how much about toyota even tho i use to own a 4Runner. I'm a honda guy but i like to try something new besides an i4. I hope to learn alot more on this site. I always been a fan of the SC300 and the GS300. My brother has a GS300 and i think its a lovely car. Anways.. back on topic... i'll check out the links and if i do have any questions i'll shot someone a pm.
Again thanks for the links.
Old 04-07-05, 09:56 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

There's a guy here in Australia that has replaced the 1UZFE (V8) motor from the SC400 to the 1JZGTE (2.5L turbo... smaller bro of the 2JZ Supra), but they never mentioned anything about A/C still working etc etc.
Old 04-07-05, 10:03 PM
sc300ccret
Driver

Two things you forgot to mention. How much are you looking to spend and what are your ultimate goals?

If your looking to spend upwards of 20K then you can go GTE in a 300 or Build the v-8 and turbo it in the 400. (Now that would be cool). If you wanna stay under that mark, then buy a 3 and GTE it.

I'd really try not to swap motors across the platforms. Lots of small stuf that will nickel and dime you to death.

Mike
1997 SC300
867RWHP

Quick Reply: Noob here with a ? (2jz swap into SC400 and turbo v8)