Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ahhh Help No Idle!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-05, 11:42 AM
Xutech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhh Help No Idle!!!

Alright guys i seem to have a pretty bad problem. well let me just say a few things. at first the car wouldnt start due to some build up of carbon on sparkplugs and injectors. i swapped the sparkplugs and cleaned the injectors so i should be good now. it started however it didnt idle. so i decided to bump the idle line to around 1000rpms now for some reason the car wont even start.even if i floor it to start it wont start. it will start get up to about 400 sometimes 600rpms then turn for a few seconds and instaneusly die. does anyone have any ideas? i am sure all teh vac lines are tight no leaks anywhere. but its just killing me now! can some one help me out? thanks
Jason
btw the car is a 1994 lexus sc300 with a new toyomoto turbo kit wiht turbonetics wastegate and a greddy type-S bov
Old 01-15-05, 12:01 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

what is base timing at? did you check mil? make sure the maf unit has it's screen, orings, and no oil build up. Starter solenoid is making contact? Sounds like there are a few issues than just idle. TPS, gap, was the fuel pump switched? or still oem?
Old 01-15-05, 12:09 PM
Xutech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by awj
what is base timing at? did you check mil? make sure the maf unit has it's screen, orings, and no oil build up. Starter solenoid is making contact? Sounds like there are a few issues than just idle. TPS, gap, was the fuel pump switched? or still oem?
Yeah it seems to be a few more problems other then idle too because every problem i fix more pop up its a hell of a headache for me. i know that the starter solenoid is making contact, the maf has its screen, and orings, i dont think there is oil buildup but i did replace the spark plugs today and there was a thin line of oil in the throttle body which i find kinda unusual but not sure if it should be there. i have no idea what base timing it is at. because i havent touched timing at all from stock. it started up earlier. just wouldnt idle as i stated. not sure whatelse i can say
thanks
Old 01-15-05, 12:10 PM
Xutech
Driver School Candidate

oh fuel pump is still oem, seems to be running a bit rich still. so not sure. just cleand the injectors also
Old 01-15-05, 12:26 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

You can test the fuel pump by jumping high voltage mode. There should be some info here about it. If vacuum lines are good, starter is good, maf is good, plugs are good, distributor is good, wires are good, I'd go to the throttle position sensor and make sure it's okay, rule out fuel pump - get the car to hold the start and deal with idle from there. Hard to say without being there. Could very well be the tps. Check the ignitor and coil too. Do you have the diagnostic procedure? Borrow Gazi's manuals.
Old 01-15-05, 02:27 PM
Xutech
Driver School Candidate

i'll have to check that out but i really dont think its the idle tps because it ran fine ealier. it wouldnt just stop working!! . the only thing i can think of is the midpipe sensor is disconnected. would this effect anything?
Old 01-15-05, 05:27 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

run the mil - if it throws code for o2 then yea. tie it in to the other one.
Old 01-15-05, 06:16 PM
Xutech
Driver School Candidate

mil? i believe i am a noob to that term!!! lol yeah the onlything is the rear sensor is unplugged would this effect anything is a 5spd its the midpipe sensor
Old 01-15-05, 07:27 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

check engine light. check the code... I used to have the procedure scanned but it's gone from my computer. it's surely posted somewhere
Old 01-15-05, 08:02 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude,

I believe it is CE1 and E1 with a paper clip. Go to www.troublecodes.net and then go to Lexus and it gives a list of what they mean.

27 and 28 are O2 sensors I believe.

Good luck,
Jonny
Old 01-24-05, 06:39 PM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Default Turbo???

Hmm, How did you hook up the MAF? I've heard if its in the wrong place it could cause problems... Also any large intake leaks will cause you to run extremly lean, o2 sensor will pick up the extra oxygen and will try to compensate by dumping more fuel which could cause the no start and ideling issue.. Best bet is just to ask others with the toyomoto kit and see if they've had any issues... Good luck with your car buddy... Wish I had the extra funds to go turbo, then again in Ca its just more hassel than I care to deal with..... Bryan