NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Since Lexus left out many features for the N. Amer. market would any current owner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-15, 02:29 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Since Lexus left out many features for the N. Amer. market would any current owner...

trade their vehicle in and get a new one if Lexus, at the mid-cycle refresh, offers all those missing features?

I really like my car and I was planning to keep it for a very long time. I know this would be a waste of money however, if at the mid-cycle refresh, Lexus offers a Hybrid F-Sport loaded with features like they have for the European market, I will seriously consider trading in my car for a new one.
Old 05-26-15, 02:44 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
trade their vehicle in and get a new one if Lexus, at the mid-cycle refresh, offers all those missing features?

I really like my car and I was planning to keep it for a very long time. I know this would be a waste of money however, if at the mid-cycle refresh, Lexus offers a Hybrid F-Sport loaded with features like they have for the European market, I will seriously consider trading in my car for a new one.
Wish I had that option with a lease...
Old 05-26-15, 03:42 PM
niter1dah
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm starting to wish my car had air conditioned seats like the 2014 IS250 AWD I had
Old 05-26-15, 04:03 PM
Speedblade
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about that a long time before buying mine. I could have waited at least until the new model year. The features I would like are the cooled seats, heads up display, and panoramic moonroof. I then decided the moonroof isn't that important and the heads up display is nice but not needed. The cooled seats would have been nice, but I tinted the windows and am getting a sunshade for the front so I don't think it will be too bad. I plan on keeping mine for a while!
Old 05-26-15, 06:01 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Personally when I give up a car for another one it's to be in a new model or generation, so I would not go for a mid-cycle refresh unless it's significantly different/improved.
Old 05-26-15, 11:10 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Personally when I give up a car for another one it's to be in a new model or generation, so I would not go for a mid-cycle refresh unless it's significantly different/improved.
If Lexus follows the lead of its parent company with what it did with the Camry then it just might be significantly improved. Toyota understood that they did a bad job with the 2012 Camry so they came out with a totally new car in 2015 which would have been the mid-cycle refresh. I'm actually coming from a 2012 Camry and if the 2015 Camry was available when I was shopping I wouldn't have been shopping for a new car so soon.

But our NX has so many missing features that the only reason that I can think of is that they didn't want to cannibalize RX sales.
Old 05-27-15, 04:38 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

something new and improved comes out every year, that is how they keep up with a yearly release cycle. At one point, the decision has to be made, do I buy now or do I wait for the next model year. Most likely, the 2017 model will have features that won't be in the 2016 model, that will have features that weren't in the 2015 model.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
Old 05-27-15, 04:49 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nah, I'm overall happy with the car that I have. The features that I have are more than most of my cars had years ago. So, overall improvement for me.

That being said, I'd rather pay the NX off and keep moving forward. Already planning my next toy car to sit along side the Camaro, and I can't put a GT-R into the garage if I'm busy upgrading the NX
Old 05-27-15, 06:45 AM
drifter123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
something new and improved comes out every year, that is how they keep up with a yearly release cycle. At one point, the decision has to be made, do I buy now or do I wait for the next model year. Most likely, the 2017 model will have features that won't be in the 2016 model, that will have features that weren't in the 2015 model.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

+1, you have to jump in sometime. I have always been told never buy a new model in its first year but I’m going for it this time because of all the great reviews and past Lexus reliability ratings. I’ve never had a Lexus so even the base NX seems amazing, perfect vehicle for me at just the right time.