NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Phone and Mileage display Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 05:05 PM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone and Mileage display Question

1) I am really puzzled that the NX does not have the key pad to dial extensions after a call is connected. In all the cars that I have had before, once a number is dialed and connected, to reach an extension, you can press the numbers that you can "see" in the screen.

I took the car to the dealership today, thinking, I did not know how to use the car. They could not figure it out as well.

Are we missing something is the new NX is still immature and not correctly programmed?

Can any of you dial extensions "after" a call is connected .. like, press 2 if you want to reach Jack?

2) There is no display that says how far you can drive before you run out of gas. Am I the only one?

3) There is NO digital clock display.. what the heck?????

Last edited by rocdude; 01-30-15 at 05:07 PM. Reason: To check email notification
Old 01-30-15, 05:07 PM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Default And Mouse pad problems too

The control pad or mouse pad is ridiculous, you can not control the mouse, it jumps all over the place.. Damn...
Old 01-30-15, 08:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

- Mileage remaining in your gas tank is displayed in the center 4.2" TFT screen and in the 7" center screen.

- No digital clock unless you navigate a few menus in the Settings. See here

- Mouse pad can be adjusted for the haptic feedback sensitivity in the Settings. I didn't like the haptic feedback for the same reason as you so I set it to the minimum (which is off) and I find the control is better.
Old 01-31-15, 06:41 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

I haven't played with the phone enough yet to give you an answer on that, just got our NX 300h late last night, I'll try and take a look and post back on that part if I can.

Phil
Old 01-31-15, 08:44 AM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Default Poor design features in a nice car

ANSWER FOR LACK OF DIAL PAD WHILE ON A PHONE CALL:

Apparently it is not supposed to appear by design. So now if I have to answer call to my office or to check my voice mail in my office [where I have dial an extension or press the * key], I have to disconnect my Blue Tooth phone and answer or talk through my phone or stop the car in the middle of the highway to answer my call.

How very intuitive of Lexus!

I would not have bought the Lexus, had I known that Lexus by design does not allow this feature in ALL it's cars?

So what do business men/women who use Lexus do? Is it meant only for retired people [no disrespect here to retired people, I will hopefully be one, some day] or teenagers who do not have to answer office phone calls?

Lack of digital clock, I can live with.

Nx is an otherwise nice car to drive, but not a working man/woman's car. Poor design thought process .
The console for playing around with the mouse pad is so crammed that your shoulder/elbow is way back to the location of the pad. The pad jumps all over the place despite reducing the sensitivity.

The trunk size is meant for an office goer who is not expected to carry anything more than a large suitcase, anything more or more pieces of luggage, you can forget it.

NX will have to increase in size in the trunk section in the future iterations and the software adjustments, pleazzzzze think as though you are a working person driving the car and design the software.
Old 01-31-15, 09:13 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

rocdude, when the car is moving, for safety, certain functions are locked in like in the Nav and phone. The Dialpad is there for manual input when stopped. I have my contacts in my phone setup with a pause and extension dialing so I have full automated dialing even while the NX is in motion.

Other pics attached are to show the mileage remaining in the 4.2" center display and on the 7" one.
Attached Thumbnails Phone and Mileage display Question-nx_dialpad.jpg   Phone and Mileage display Question-nx_mileageremaining.jpg   Phone and Mileage display Question-nx_mileage_fuelchart.jpg  

Last edited by corradoMR2; 01-31-15 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-31-15, 09:22 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

can you program a phonebook entry with your office number, then pauses, then the pin and # or *? I know you can't program everything you ever would need, but it might make it a little easier to live with?

This is an "interesting" decision they made, but I can sorta understand in not wanting to distract drivers. I'm surprised they don't have a voice option. Yes, I know you'd be talking over bluetooth, but I see a lot of people really into their hands free calling and it freaks me out.
Old 01-31-15, 02:29 PM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Default An Update

I experimented with the Car and phone today.

This is what I find:

1) Outgoing call > once the connection is made, you can then use the key pad in the handset/phone to enter extensions and continue to talk in the hands free mode.

2) Incoming call > if you have to press any prompts during an incoming call and use the handset/phone, it cuts you off the hands free mode and you have to complete the call on your handset.

A work around. If any of you find any better way to do this please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-15, 07:44 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocdude
I experimented with the Car and phone today.

This is what I find:

1) Outgoing call > once the connection is made, you can then use the key pad in the handset/phone to enter extensions and continue to talk in the hands free mode.

2) Incoming call > if you have to press any prompts during an incoming call and use the handset/phone, it cuts you off the hands free mode and you have to complete the call on your handset.

A work around. If any of you find any better way to do this please let me know.

Thanks.
simple...all without touching the phone...

press the voice button after the call has gone through and then say the number! the voice prompt will ask you to say a number, such as an extension, or pound/star!

I have done this numerous times ...

give it a try!
Old 02-01-15, 07:57 AM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Default Will give it a try

@tSporanoMB

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try. I am surprised that the so called "Tech guy" at the dealership did not know this.
If it works, you saved the day for me.
Old 02-01-15, 08:09 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

tsopranoMB - Sweet! Will also give it a try!
Old 02-01-15, 05:37 PM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

@tSporanoMB
Thanks, It works. I still have to figure out how to make this work before the voice mail times out.

Still, it works.. great ..
Old 02-02-15, 09:34 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to be of help!!!