NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

CPO 2015 pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-17, 11:19 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbug
I do see some with the PSC & Adaptive Cruise control feature, but agree it is more rare. Good luck to everyone. The prices on 2016 & 2017 are on decline by ~ 1.5% according to CarGurus in the last month.
But, have you seen any NX with the Pre-Collision System, Adaptive Cruise Control, etc. that haven't also been Luxury Package NX vehicles? I have not seen either a Premium Package NX or an F-Sport Nx with those features. If you have seen them, I'd guess that different regions might be getting NXs with different configurations, but it doesn't appear that dealers in this region are getting any such vehicles.
Old 03-09-17, 01:45 PM
jimbug
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Most of the NXs I've seen with PCS & ACC have been loaded with every other package as well. I don't recall seeing any F Sport with this feature. And all the F Sports I've seen are AWD. I thought that was the way they all came until I read about some FWD here on the forum.
Old 03-09-17, 07:03 PM
hadiguy05
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My salesman said the lane departure and Adaptive Cruise Control weren't available on the 2016 F sport model. I just took it at face value. My f sport has blind spot monitoring, parking assist and rear cross traffic monitoring though.
Old 03-09-17, 07:12 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Finding an NX, new or used, with the Luxury Package and the full suite of safety features, including the Pre-Collision System, Radar Cruise, Lane Departure Alert, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, etc. is really tough. <snip> Further, with the NX, only vehicles with the Luxury Package come with leather seating. In the current inventories of all of the Lexus dealers that are within 200 miles of me, there are only a couple of such Luxury Package NXs in all of their inventories combined, and they are vehicles with colors that are not acceptable to me.

After having had all of those features on my ES, I doubt that I'll ever again buy a vehicle without them. Because such NXs are so rare, that is the reason why I'm having a hard time dismissing a 2015 Luxury Package NX CPO with all of those features at one of the area dealers. And it actually has both the exterior and the interior colors that would be my first choice.
Interesting to know. My NX200t is a 2015 Luxury Package with all of the goodies and a complete suite of safety features. It is the only version that comes with real wood trim (in the USA). Love it!

Last edited by Koetsu; 03-09-17 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Revision.
Old 03-09-17, 07:40 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hadiguy05
My salesman said the lane departure and Adaptive Cruise Control weren't available on the 2016 F sport model. I just took it at face value. My f sport has blind spot monitoring, parking assist and rear cross traffic monitoring though.
According to the "build your NX" feature on the Lexus website, what your salesperson told you is correct. The Lexus website does not allow you to build an F-Sport NX with the Safety Package (PCS, adaptive cruise control, lane departure alert), and it also does not let you build an F-Sport NX with the Luxury Package.

On the other hand, it does allow you to build a regular NX with the Premium Package and the Safety Package, but I haven't seen a single car with that combination in the inventories of any of the dealerships. Again, the only NXs that I've seen with the Safety Package are ones with the Luxury Package, and those are very rare.
Old 03-11-17, 05:22 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

As I've been checking the inventories of many Lexus dealers for a CPO NX for a while, it seems to be the case that, because the NX only has been available for a couple of years, there are not yet a large number of NXs available on the CPO or used market.

I suspect that, in the next year or so, as lease returns and trade-ins start to hit dealer lots in larger numbers, not only will the availability of CPO NXs become greater, but, also, as the supply increases, pricing should become more favorable to the buyer. Right now, with limited supply of CPO NXs, dealers can be firm in their pricing because they know that buyers don't have many choices in the NX CPO market.
Old 03-11-17, 04:38 PM
jimbug
Driver

Just bought a CPO 2015 NX200t AWD @ $35,750 OTD from FL so sale price is ~ $32k. It was the only other Black/Black/SR AWD with the Luxury Package & PCS I could find. The first in NJ was $37,981 but it did have much lower miles. Salesman in NJ accused me of lying so needless to say that deal was done. I'll update with photos when they get it prepped. My strategy was calling every Lexus dealer to see what they had coming in. Happened to catch this one right after it arrived. They haven't even finished their cleanup and prep on it. Can't believe a Lexus CPO warranty is 6 years unlimited mileage. So, I'm covered until 2021. That's crazy. I'll fly down Monday or Tuesday to pick it up. I'm retired from American Airlines so fly for free. Good luck everyone in your search and congrats to everone who's search is over.

Old 03-11-17, 04:41 PM
jimbug
Driver

Just thought about keys on my new CPO purchase I havent picked up yet. Looks like CPO checklist only specifies one key fob w/ emergency key. I kind of expect two, so I'm emailing salesman now. By the way, Sewell Lexus says NX fob is $363 & emergency key is $48.

I heard back and there are two fobs with the vehicle.
Old 03-11-17, 05:42 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Just bought a CPO 2015 NX200t AWD @ $35,750 OTD from FL so sale price is ~ $32k. It was the only other Black/Black/SR AWD with the Luxury Package & PCS I could find. The first in NJ was $37,981 but it did have much lower miles. Salesman in NJ accused me of lying so needless to say that deal was done. I'll update with photos when they get it prepped. My strategy was calling every Lexus dealer to see what they had coming in. Happened to catch this one right after it arrived. They haven't even finished their cleanup and prep on it. Can't believe a Lexus CPO warranty is 6 years unlimited mileage. So, I'm covered until 2021. That's crazy. I'll fly down Monday or Tuesday to pick it up. I'm retired from American Airlines so fly for free. Good luck everyone in your search and congrats to everone who's search is over.

Could you share how many miles there are on the NX that you are buying? Thanks.
Old 03-11-17, 07:02 PM
jimbug
Driver

Yes, the odometer is reported to be at 47,520. I haven't actually been to FL yet to see it, but I put a refundable deposit on it with my credit card. My American Airlines FCU will send funds after I inspect and approve the purchase early next week. Then I'll drive it home to TN from FL. The service records are excellent. Reading them indicates the previous owner was a perfectionist. A snowbird would be my guess. Why else would it be purchased in NY and serviced in NY and FL. And why an AWD & black vehicle in FL?
Old 03-11-17, 07:39 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Yes, the odometer is reported to be at 47,520. I haven't actually been to FL yet to see it, but I put a refundable deposit on it with my credit card. My American Airlines FCU will send funds after I inspect and approve the purchase early next week. Then I'll drive it home to TN from FL. The service records are excellent. Reading them indicates the previous owner was a perfectionist. A snowbird would be my guess. Why else would it be purchased in NY and serviced in NY and FL. And why an AWD & black vehicle in FL?
Thanks for the mileage information.

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest asking the dealer to send you the CPO inspection checklist. It can give you an idea of what maintenance expenses you can expect in the near term. With 47,000 miles on the odometer, the vehicle is likely on its second set of tires, and you should be okay there, but the CPO inspection checklist can allow you to confirm that. You can also check the brake pads. I'd want to make sure that they still had something in the area of 8 mm left on them.

The CPO NX that I was looking at was similarly equipped to the one that you are buying. It was a Luxury package NX with all the safety features and an original MSRP of around $48,500. It had about 23,000 miles on the odometer. The dealer had reduced its price a few times, but we were still about $500-1000 apart. One of my concerns was that the tire tread was at about 6/32, which would have been okay for now, but, by next winter, I wouldn't have been comfortable driving in the winter with tires that would likely have been at around 4/32 by then. So, I was hoping that they would agree either to replace the tires or to discount the price a bit more to allow me something for needing to replace the tires in the short term. However, the vehicle sold to someone else a few days ago. So, I'm starting from scratch, but I'm willing to be patient. If I can't find a Luxury package NX with the PCS, LDA, etc., I'll wait things out and possibly re-evaluate whether the NX is the best choice for me.

Good luck with yours.
Old 03-11-17, 09:50 PM
jimbug
Driver

Yes, I'm waiting for the 161 Point Inspection Sheet. I got one from the NJ luxury package deal that fell through. I found the tread depth on the complete service history - 7/32. I think the front brakes were 8mm, and they just resurfaced the rear and put on new pads on the back brakes. They did a 50,000 mile service. I've priced the Michelin tires at $103 each, but no more miles than it will be driven I won't need them for 18 mos to two years.

Thanks for the tips. It's amazing how much info is available if you know to ask. My timing was bad for flying down to FL as it's spring break and flights are very full. I fly standby:-(

I've also found it difficult to get dealers to come down very much on CPO NX200t. In my case he came down $489 with his first offer. I ended up getting him down $1396 total from his internet price. This was a black AWD car in FL, which I learned from another dealer is not a desired color or drivetrain in FL. And the mileage reduced the value of the car by $4000 if you believe the app I'm using. It's been very accurate in my experience. So this app says this VIN is valued at $32,300. Looks I will pay $32,660. If it would have had 10,800 miles it would have been worth (market value) $36,420.

Update

Last edited by jimbug; 03-16-17 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-13-17, 03:47 PM
aekdb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, a 2015 loaded F-Sport CPO (original MSRP around $47k) with about 25-30k miles should sell for roughly $33,500 - $35,500.