NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Adding Subs!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-17, 04:17 AM
jccaguiat
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Adding Subs!

Hey people! New member here. I own a 2016 NX200t F-Sport with the red/black seats and I love it. Its my first "adult" purchase as I just started working as a nurse too. I used to drive a smart car and added subs to keep me awake since I had to drive 70 miles a day for school and clinicals. And the loud bass always got me pumped for school and kept me awake for the drive home. Now with my new car, speakers are fine, but its not enough bass for me. I feel empty while driving. Driving 4 years with my smart car, I tried to say no to adding subs. but its a norm for me and Ill just add it. anyways, my questions are, Has anyone added an amp to their car yet? If so, Did you have to run it all the way to the radio? From my research, I know there's an amp somewhere in the back. Would I be able to just connect on there? Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the wires? Thanks guys.
Old 01-06-17, 10:26 AM
nickage87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jccaguiat
Hey people! New member here. I own a 2016 NX200t F-Sport with the red/black seats and I love it. Its my first "adult" purchase as I just started working as a nurse too. I used to drive a smart car and added subs to keep me awake since I had to drive 70 miles a day for school and clinicals. And the loud bass always got me pumped for school and kept me awake for the drive home. Now with my new car, speakers are fine, but its not enough bass for me. I feel empty while driving. Driving 4 years with my smart car, I tried to say no to adding subs. but its a norm for me and Ill just add it. anyways, my questions are, Has anyone added an amp to their car yet? If so, Did you have to run it all the way to the radio? From my research, I know there's an amp somewhere in the back. Would I be able to just connect on there? Also does anyone have a wiring diagram for the wires? Thanks guys.
I think you would need to tap on wires(pre amp signal) that come to stock AMP, here is some info about stock amp: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...-have-amp.html
The following users liked this post:
jccaguiat (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 11:32 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Had my JL XD300-1v2 amp & JL sub professionally installed for $175. I believe he tapped the line running to the sub in the rear door & unplugged that crap sub as well. Also installed a line driver to boost the signal. Believe it's a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty line driver. My setup sounds awesome....
The following users liked this post:
jccaguiat (01-06-17)
Old 01-06-17, 11:44 AM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

As a nurse I would hope you know how much damage a loud sub does to your hearing, especially for hours each day.
Old 01-06-17, 06:10 PM
leehom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read that the NA NX200 doesn't come with the sub?
Old 01-06-17, 06:26 PM
no1SomeGuy
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts

Up here we get them in the premium 10 speaker stereo.
Old 01-06-17, 11:56 PM
jccaguiat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by no1SomeGuy
As a nurse I would hope you know how much damage a loud sub does to your hearing, especially for hours each day.
Yeah, Im not blasting it to make the cars around me rattle. Just need more "umph" in my drive. Thanks though
Old 01-06-17, 11:58 PM
jccaguiat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leehom
I read that the NA NX200 doesn't come with the sub?
Mine came with the 8 inch sub in the rear hatch. It gets annoying because it makes my license plate rattle but I can barely hear anything from it.
Old 01-07-17, 03:35 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Buy yourself an audio control lc2 loc as it has auto turn on so u don't have to run a remote wire. Then tap it into the factory amp at the back. If your planning to diy, I can print u a wiring diagram if u like.
Old 01-07-17, 04:06 AM
jccaguiat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rozay604
Buy yourself an audio control lc2 loc as it has auto turn on so u don't have to run a remote wire. Then tap it into the factory amp at the back. If your planning to diy, I can print u a wiring diagram if u like.
id love to get a diagram if possible.
Old 01-07-17, 01:53 PM
nickage87
Driver

You don't need remote cable in many cases if you have an amp with auto turn on, some of them now even can detect high level signal.
Old 01-08-17, 02:25 AM
jccaguiat
Driver School Candidate

So what I did was attatch the remote cable to the 12v line in the back. Tapped onto the sub wires in the back hatch. Attatched the amp next to the spare tire and all done
Old 01-08-17, 08:10 PM
nickage87
Driver

So what I did was attatch the remote cable to the 12v line in the back. Tapped onto the sub wires in the back hatch. Attatched the amp next to the spare tire and all done
Looks cool, what amp/sub(s?) did you get?
Old 01-08-17, 09:51 PM
jccaguiat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nickage87
Looks cool, what amp/sub(s?) did you get?
I got 2 12inch Skar Audio shallow subs with their firing down boxes. Then used my old 1000W Kenwood amp from my old car. Its perfect cuz its enough to give you that deep bass but wont be annoying the car next to you.
Old 01-09-17, 12:06 AM
Rozay604
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice looking box.

Quick Reply: Adding Subs!