NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Storm debris on side doors interiors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-16, 10:59 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Storm debris on side doors interiors?

Last night after rain storm here in SoCal, I drove about 3 miles to dinner. Obviously roads and puddles full of leaves/road debris.
When I got home, i quickly brushed off leaves from behind front wheels with some waterless wash.
But when I opened the door, the same type of mess was on the inside of lower door.
I know others have mentioned this topic through other threads, but I would like an expert here to help me understand what this defect or design flaw.
There are plenty of rubber seals on the doors and along body of NX. What is allowing the debris to collect on interior side of door?
When I open the door, I should not see collection of debris on the inside of door.

Do other new Lexus models allow this? Not seen it on any of our older RXs.
Is Lexus corporate in the loop?
Old 11-27-16, 02:26 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by kent2174
Last night after rain storm here in SoCal, I drove about 3 miles to dinner. Obviously roads and puddles full of leaves/road debris.
When I got home, i quickly brushed off leaves from behind front wheels with some waterless wash.
But when I opened the door, the same type of mess was on the inside of lower door.
I know others have mentioned this topic through other threads, but I would like an expert here to help me understand what this defect or design flaw.
There are plenty of rubber seals on the doors and along body of NX. What is allowing the debris to collect on interior side of door?
When I open the door, I should not see collection of debris on the inside of door.

Do other new Lexus models allow this? Not seen it on any of our older RXs.
Is Lexus corporate in the loop?
I tried ad nauseum to get Lexus to acknowledge this via a couple of different avenues. They did address the rear door's wheel well trim gap as of 'MY 2016 as per here but haven't yet made a taller rubber strip which significantly reduces the accumulation in the door.

For more details, see the DIY fix here including a profile pic which shows "why" the dirt accumulates. It's a design flaw.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 11-27-16 at 02:31 PM.