LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Unexplained Windows going down

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-09, 05:34 PM
larry8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Unexplained Windows going down

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the following problem with a 2008 Lexus.

I went into a coffee shop and when I came out all the windows were rolled down. I thought it was strange but that time I figured I must have touched something before leaving the car that caused the windows to roll down.

Last week, while I was sitting in the garage, no interaction with the Lexus at all, The Lexus beeped twice as if I was locking the doors, then all the windows rolled down. On further investigation, the display on the GPS screen was returned to default. I could not see the screen until I went into the display option and picked brightness and increased it.

I will be making the complaint to Lexus but before I did I was wondering if any of you had similar expenses.
Old 03-08-09, 05:40 AM
LexusLX
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had it
but heared of it
Visit the dealer for a security program reset....
Old 03-08-09, 10:27 AM
dw8787
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry8
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the following problem with a 2008 Lexus.

I went into a coffee shop and when I came out all the windows were rolled down. I thought it was strange but that time I figured I must have touched something before leaving the car that caused the windows to roll down.

Last week, while I was sitting in the garage, no interaction with the Lexus at all, The Lexus beeped twice as if I was locking the doors, then all the windows rolled down. On further investigation, the display on the GPS screen was returned to default. I could not see the screen until I went into the display option and picked brightness and increased it.

I will be making the complaint to Lexus but before I did I was wondering if any of you had similar expenses.

I kind of wondered if you had your key fob in your pocket and somehow pressed and held the unlock button down by something in your pocket bumping it, which would have rolled the windows down and opened the sunroof. But it doesn't explain the issue with the Nav screen. Sounds like you need to do what was mentioned in the previous post.
Old 03-08-09, 11:44 AM
john_papa
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ow **** samething happens to me. i have a 98 gs300. and one night it does that too. and nobody's touching the alarm or anything.
Old 03-09-09, 03:39 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

I had the same problem with my LX570. I would walk out side my office to find all of my windows rolled down. I discovered that I was, by accident, holding the unlock button down on my fob. I cured this problem by making sure the buttons on the fob were towards me in my pocket.

Your problems sounds a little bit more involved as you have other things going on at the same time. Sounds like a trip to the dealer but I will say it will be hard to find as I will bet you the dealer will never be witness to the windows rolling down.