LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Out of town and need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-16, 12:55 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts
Default Out of town and need help

Can someone point me to the URL to download the 2016 LX570 manual. Need to reset TPS.

Thanks
Old 11-11-16, 01:21 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Here you go:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/resources/owners-manuals?model=LX570&year=2016&type=om

Check Page 529.

Good Luck,
Randy B

Last edited by Randy B; 11-11-16 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-12-16, 03:48 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Randy B
i would love to check that page but there is a problem with the URL on my iPad.
Old 11-12-16, 04:44 AM
ligflava
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try this URL

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...f/OM60P32U.pdf
Old 11-12-16, 08:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Thanks, got it.

Downloaded to to both my iPhone and iPad now so never without.
Old 11-12-16, 12:50 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Ok have done the reset on the TPM and no matter how long I drive the tire psi remains blank.
Old 11-12-16, 01:42 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Ok have done the reset on the TPM and no matter how long I drive the tire psi remains blank.
After resetting, did you see the numbers pop up on the dashboard? keep pushing that button until you see the numbers. If not, it could be the sensors
Old 11-12-16, 09:06 PM
Bimmer32
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

Lexus should do what BMW does. Have the manual in electronic format in the info system/idrive. Though, I have not referred to it in years.
Old 11-13-16, 01:13 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
After resetting, did you see the numbers pop up on the dashboard? keep pushing that button until you see the numbers. If not, it could be the sensors
I went back and reread the instructions. Am I supposed to keep the button pushed after the three slow flashes and hold it in till the tire pressure is displayed? I am letting go of the button after the three slow flashes and then driving. You and the manual indicates driving that if I hold the button in past the three slow flashes then the tire pressure will be indicated. What purpose is the driving around for a while do? I am looking at page 488 in the manual. I will try this in the am.

All of this his is due to the spare tire dropping down below pressure and the TPM indicating so. It was not super low but used to be in the 40 psi range and now down to 33. I did not want to drop the spare so I could put air in it and though I could just reset the TPM, for now, to get ride of the yellow light on the dash. My only complaint about my new LX is that the tire pressure in ALL of tires goes down slowly. I do not mind adding air ever once in a while but the spare is pretty side up and you have to lower it to add air.

I have owned 5 LX units from 2008 and never had to add air like I do now. Not sure if the wheels or tires are leaking. My 10K comes up in a few more weeks and I am going to ask them but do not expect much help. Hopefully they can remount the spare with the pretty side down so I can keep it over inflated.
Old 11-13-16, 01:13 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DocT
I went back and reread the instructions. Am I supposed to keep the button pushed after the three slow flashes and hold it in till the tire pressure is displayed? I am letting go of the button after the three slow flashes and then driving. You and the manual indicates driving that if I hold the button in past the three slow flashes then the tire pressure will be indicated. What purpose is the driving around for a while do? I am looking at page 488 in the manual. I will try this in the am.

All of this his is due to the spare tire dropping down below pressure and the TPM indicating so. It was not super low but used to be in the 40 psi range and now down to 33. I did not want to drop the spare so I could put air in it and though I could just reset the TPM, for now, to get ride of the yellow light on the dash. My only complaint about my new LX is that the tire pressure in ALL of tires goes down slowly. I do not mind adding air ever once in a while but the spare is pretty side up and you have to lower it to add air.

I have owned 5 LX units from 2008 and never had to add air like I do now. Not sure if the wheels or tires are leaking. My 10K comes up in a few more weeks and I am going to ask them but do not expect much help. Hopefully they can remount the spare with the pretty side down so I can keep it over inflated.
Old 11-14-16, 03:37 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

UPDATE: This morning I turn on the ignition and held the button in till the 3 slow blinks and continued to hold the button in for like 4 minutes and the air pressure never showed. Did not show after a 15 minute drive either. Must be doing something wrong.
Old 11-14-16, 06:10 PM
DocT
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
UPDATE: This morning I turn on the ignition and held the button in till the 3 slow blinks and continued to hold the button in for like 4 minutes and the air pressure never showed. Did not show after a 15 minute drive either. Must be doing something wrong.
Time to see dealer tech.
Old 11-14-16, 06:18 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

How old is your TPMS sets? They don't last forever.
Old 11-15-16, 02:11 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Htony
How old is your TPMS sets? They don't last forever.
it is a 2016 LX with 9100 miles on it!

All 5 sensors gone bad at the same time?

in a week or two it will get the 10K.
Old 11-15-16, 07:42 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Update: Two days later the tire pressures start showing,

Quick Reply: Out of town and need help