LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Carista is now available for iPhone, too (can change LPS customizations)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-15, 12:19 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Carista is now available for iPhone, too (can change LPS customizations)

LS owners: we've just released Carista for iOS! For those of you with iPhones and iPads who have been waiting for this: go get it It's available now on the Apple App Store:

For the iOS version, you need a WiFi ELM327 adapter that plugs into your car's OBD port. For more info, see: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/?platform=ios
For the Android version, you need a Bluetooth ELM327 device. See: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/?platform=android

The customization and advanced diagnostics functionality in the app is not free: it costs $19.99 USD as a one-time in-app purchase that unlocks unlimited customizations and diagnostics.

See this link for example Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) that can be configurable using Carista on a 2013 Lexus LS: http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_ls460_2013

The following Lexus models are supported:
  • IS (2013+, except IS-F and IS-C)
  • RC (all)
  • ES (2007+)
  • GS (2013+)
  • LS (2007+)
  • RX (2010+)
  • GX (2010+)
  • LX (2009+)
  • NX (all)
  • CT (all)
  • HS (all)
  • LFA (all)

Old 03-21-15, 06:02 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

I have a 1999 RX300 (OBDII) and a 2008 IS250 (OBDII) in addition to my 2007 LS460. Will this app read the codes from the older two cars when I get a CEL?
Old 03-21-15, 07:27 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sktn77a
I have a 1999 RX300 (OBDII) and a 2008 IS250 (OBDII) in addition to my 2007 LS460. Will this app read the codes from the older two cars when I get a CEL?
Yes! Your LS is supported for everything (customizations, diagnostics of all ECUs), and your other 2 cars are just supported for OBDII diagnostics, i.e. check and reset the CEL.
Old 03-23-15, 04:33 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

For some reason the beta version worked fine on my iPhone 6.
Now the real version keeps crashing.
Old 03-23-15, 04:46 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tbilisi79
For some reason the beta version worked fine on my iPhone 6.
Now the real version keeps crashing.
Really? That's weird. When you say "crashing", do you mean that the app just disappears from the screen? Or is there an error message that comes up? Actually, please email us at support@caristaapp.com because we'll need to investigate this in more detail. Thanks.
Old 03-29-15, 09:20 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I had a chance to play around with the app and OBDII, the combo lived up to my expectations and worked flawlessly! This is a must have for LS owners IMO.
Old 03-30-15, 08:19 AM
konradl
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Tee. Finally got the elm327 in on Saturday, and Carista worked as expected. Changed a few settings to my liking.
Then went on a spree of reading codes on my uncle's Nissan Rogue, followed by my gf's mom's VW Jetta. I only expected it to work on the Toyota/Lexus vehicles, to be honest, so I was pleasantly surprised when it read codes on others as well. Eliminates the need to get another app, such as Dashcommand. FYI, I also saw an option to change personal settings on the VW, although less than the Lexus offers, but since she wasn't present, I didn't change any. +1 must have.
Old 03-30-15, 09:08 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I know there is a photo app somewhere on this site that shows how to install the adapter. Can someone please post it. I'm not technical, so I hope it's easy to do.
Old 03-30-15, 09:19 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tee
I had a chance to play around with the app and OBDII, the combo lived up to my expectations and worked flawlessly! This is a must have for LS owners IMO.
Originally Posted by konradl
I agree with Tee. Finally got the elm327 in on Saturday, and Carista worked as expected. Changed a few settings to my liking.
Then went on a spree of reading codes on my uncle's Nissan Rogue, followed by my gf's mom's VW Jetta. I only expected it to work on the Toyota/Lexus vehicles, to be honest, so I was pleasantly surprised when it read codes on others as well. Eliminates the need to get another app, such as Dashcommand. FYI, I also saw an option to change personal settings on the VW, although less than the Lexus offers, but since she wasn't present, I didn't change any. +1 must have.
Thanks guys! Yup, we support a bunch of different brands for customizations and we support all brands for basic OBDII diagnostics. See here: http://www.caristaapp.com/supported-vehicles/

Originally Posted by R Z
I know there is a photo app somewhere on this site that shows how to install the adapter. Can someone please post it. I'm not technical, so I hope it's easy to do.
It's really simple. There's no "install" per se... you just plug the OBD adapter into your car's port - kind of like plugging in a USB flash drive into the USB port on your computer... except that this port is larger. After that, the adapter creates its own WiFi hotspot and you need to connect your iPhone or iPad to that hotspot and start using Carista. That's it.

The OBD port is under the dash, usually on the left side. It's trapezoid-shaped. Looks kinda like this:

Old 03-31-15, 01:33 PM
konradl
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a brand new, MOACC ELM327 WiFi adapter available.

I ordered it, according to the member recommendations for the iOS, in the other Carista thread. After I ordered it, I saw that the estimated delivery was going to be close to a month, so not wanting to wait a month, I ordered another one, which was local and I got it within 3 days. This one just came in.

If anyone is interested, in it, I can sell it for $23 shipped, which is what I think I paid for it. I'm also located in central CT for anyone who is local.