LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Prestigious Society Bypass Module Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-14, 04:36 AM
wayman28
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Prestigious Society Bypass Module Question

I just installed the PS module and I have a question to experienced users on its operation. The instructions talk about the Auto Mode (for on-demand use of the module in 5 minute intervals while you're driving) and the Manual Mode (having the module constantly active).

The instructions say for Manual Mode I need to hold down the Nav button on the PS control pad for 7 seconds in the car's ACC mode. When I follow those steps the PS module definitely stays on however after I shut the car off and restart it the PS module is now off and I need to go through the steps again. Am I missing something or shouldn't the Manual Mode keep the module on indefinitely even after I turn the car off and turn it back on? Or do I have to hold down the Nav button for 7 seconds each time I start my car to activate the PS module in Manual Mode? The way the instructions are written it implies (or at least I'm inferring) I only need to do that procedure once. Can anyone clarify from their experience? I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-14, 10:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

every time you start the car, the module is in the "off" state no matter what. you don't want it to be on anyway, otherwise the navigation won't move or track your position.

the toggling of the feature only means once you activate the override, does it turn off after 5 mins or does it stay on until you press the button to shut it off (or shut off the car).

you only need to do the procedure once to switch to manual mode (or back to auto mode), it will stay in that mode no matter how many times you shut off and start the cars. but every time you start the car, you still need to press the button to activate the override (when you need to).

hope this explains it?
Old 10-31-14, 11:03 AM
wayman28
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
every time you start the car, the module is in the "off" state no matter what. you don't want it to be on anyway, otherwise the navigation won't move or track your position.

the toggling of the feature only means once you activate the override, does it turn off after 5 mins or does it stay on until you press the button to shut it off (or shut off the car).

you only need to do the procedure once to switch to manual mode (or back to auto mode), it will stay in that mode no matter how many times you shut off and start the cars. but every time you start the car, you still need to press the button to activate the override (when you need to).

hope this explains it?
That explains it perfectly. Thank you. The PS instructions were very good overall but they were unclear on this to me.

I guess I didn't do enough research because I didn't realize the module freezes GPS tracking while turned on. That's kind of disappointing. Other than that the module does what it's supposed to do. At least now I have the option of accessing my nav and audio controls while in motion.

Thanks again.
Old 10-31-14, 01:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yes, that's the way all these override work, basically by fooling the car that it is stopped thus enabling the menus. so that means the cursor on the screen not moving until the override is disabled.