LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New owner 2011 LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-14, 05:46 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Tanabe NF210 was a great spring for my previous LS460..have you personally experienced them? You on here making some bold claims about everything but aren't you a new 460 owner?
Old 01-24-14, 06:49 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Tanabe NF210 was a great spring for my previous LS460..have you personally experienced them? You on here making some bold claims about everything but aren't you a new 460 owner?
My assumptions are not bold at all. I would never place lowering springs on the factory dampeners because it will reduce the shock travel and therefore will reduce the dampening and longevity of the strut. Lowering the car also becomes a costly affair trying to get the camber back to factory specifications. Having said that I would rather pay more for well sorted dampeners that are direct replacements specific for this car that have been tested on both a shock dyno and on the road like how they did it from the factory. If you haven't herd this before or even know this to be true then asking me if I'm a new 460 owner misses the point altogether to somehow invalidate my bold claims.

I'm not trying to fight you and maybe what I write may seem contradictory to what you have been told. I have been there with my first K&N air filter, overpriced gold RCA cables and yes lowering springs, but eventually I came to some conclusions that much of it is marketing and the real knowledge of why it is, is something hard to accept but it's quantifiable and provable.

Last edited by Devh; 01-24-14 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-24-14, 07:13 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Devh

My assumptions are not bold at all. I would never place lowering springs on the factory dampeners because it will reduce the shock travel and therefore will reduce the dampening and longevity of the strut. Lowering the car also becomes a costly affair trying to get the camber back to factory specifications. Having said that I would rather pay more for well sorted dampeners that are direct replacements specific for this car that has been tested on both a shock dyno and on the road like how they did it from the factory. If you haven't herd this before or even know this to be true then asking me if I'm a new 460 owner misses the point altogether to somehow invalidate my bold claims.

I'm not trying to fight you and maybe what I write may seem contradictory to what you have been told. I have been there with my first K&N air filter, overpriced gold RCA cables and yes lowering springs, but eventually I came to some conclusions that much of it is marketing and the real knowledge of why it is, is something hard to accept but it is quantifiable and provable.
I talk about what I have personally experienced with my 460 and now my 600. The Tanabe's served me just fine. Upon selling my 460 to the new owner, he has logged over 60k additional miles and no issues with the struts. So for you to be on here making claims without actually first hand experiencing them with your own 460, seems to suggest you don't have all the answers you think you may have..same with the BBK discussion. You are telling owners who have them that it's cosmetic and it isn't stopping them any faster when they clearly reported they feel and notice a significant difference. You make some good points, but you should respect what owners are telling you based on their own experiences and stop being so damn dismissive with what they are telling you...your posts are generating enough interest to where folks are literally PMing me asking me "what is up with this dude Devh"...all I can reply with is.."I dunno. .its a free forum"...just try to be more receptive to what folks who have experienced something are trying to tell you...you might just learn something too. You seem like a knowledgeable guy and that's great, we need more wisdom on this forum...
Old 01-24-14, 07:54 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I talk about what I have personally experienced with my 460 and now my 600. The Tanabe's served me just fine. Upon selling my 460 to the new owner, he has logged over 60k additional miles and no issues with the struts. So for you to be on here making claims without actually first hand experiencing them with your own 460, seems to suggest you don't have all the answers you think you may have..same with the BBK discussion. You are telling owners who have them that it's cosmetic and it isn't stopping them any faster when they clearly reported they feel and notice a significant difference. You make some good points, but you should respect what owners are telling you based on their own experiences and stop being so damn dismissive with what they are telling you...your posts are generating enough interest to where folks are literally PMing me asking me "what is up with this dude Devh"...all I can reply with is.."I dunno. .its a free forum"...just try to be more receptive to what folks who have experienced something are trying to tell you...you might just learn something too. You seem like a knowledgeable guy and that's great, we need more wisdom on this forum...
I can understand if someone has a problem with any of my own statements and opinions but I also take the time to offer an explanation for greater understanding. I do not see anyone refute my explanation with their own explanation to further the discussion except to say it's not true or my car doesn't feel like that. These type of discussions (debates) are healthy and knowledgeable (as long as there is no name calling) especially for those that are contemplating adding ginormous wheels to their cars and think it might be a performance enhancement when it's clearly not. There are somethings I do not need to experience on my own car to know it will be detrimental to the performance or safety of the vehicle and if someone is in two minds about something, hearing an opposing view even if it is wrong is one step in a long process of researching and finding out what is best for them. I have the feeling if I went along with popular opinion there would be no problem even if the same rules were applied and I endorsed a particular modification without having it on my own car.

Instead of people hiding behind PMs I wish they ask me why I have this opinion as I would be happy to explain it's just my opinion and there is no need to feel bad about it. But for now I'm pretty much done posting here regularly as I don't want to wear out my welcome.
Safe travels.
Old 01-24-14, 08:20 PM
CJITTY

And just for the record, I don't think anyone on this forum believes that bigger wheels enhance performance or body kits help with aerodynamics. .maybe you got that from trolling the Honda Civic forum or something but us LS owners would never think that..give us some credit man..
Old 01-24-14, 09:04 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

DevH. Don't be scared away. You make some comments I happen to agree with and you made them, (in my opinion), without being offensive. It's an open forum......good debate, good manners, no name calling......

Everyone needs to relax and not get so defensive.
Old 04-23-15, 11:27 PM
SJRealtor
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up my 2011 Lexus LS 460 Sport today, longest 4 days..... The certification process got new brembo front replacement pads, stretched drivers seat, new steering wheel (or part of), but I did not get my flat net (not sure the name, I saw it in a video), is this suppose to come with the car new? and missing my favorite part of getting a new car... the books. Are all certified pre owned suppose to be included? And the 2nd key.
Other than that the car looks brand new! Star fire Pearl was the same color as my previous 2007 ES350 Ultra Luxury.
I'm going to see how much my neighbors know about cars (didn't tell them I was purchasing a new vehicle).
Oh, almost forgot! After doing my research, the garage door does not work, my Lexus expert said they would come out and code it themselves for me.
Looks like after my open house on Saturday a road trip to Lake Tahoe is in order.
Anyways, thanks for the head start of excellent information and I look forward to finding answers to what I am sure will be many questions.
Old 04-24-15, 05:04 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by SJRealtor
Picked up my 2011 Lexus LS 460 Sport today, longest 4 days..... The certification process got new brembo front replacement pads, stretched drivers seat, new steering wheel (or part of), but I did not get my flat net (not sure the name, I saw it in a video), is this suppose to come with the car new? and missing my favorite part of getting a new car... the books. Are all certified pre owned suppose to be included? And the 2nd key.
Other than that the car looks brand new! Star fire Pearl was the same color as my previous 2007 ES350 Ultra Luxury.
I'm going to see how much my neighbors know about cars (didn't tell them I was purchasing a new vehicle).
Oh, almost forgot! After doing my research, the garage door does not work, my Lexus expert said they would come out and code it themselves for me.
Looks like after my open house on Saturday a road trip to Lake Tahoe is in order.
Anyways, thanks for the head start of excellent information and I look forward to finding answers to what I am sure will be many questions.
Congrats and enjoy. You'll love the great resource of info here at CL.

FWIW, you can get the manuals on Ebay.They are also available as downloads at Lexus\ website.