LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008 ls 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 10:29 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls460shy
is your ls460 have the self parking option?
if not did you lose the rear view camera?

i have a 2009 ls460l with out self parking and i want to install the ivic d5 badly but in vais the told me that i will lose my rear view camera since my lexus is not self parking.

help me...
If you cannot wait until an iVIC firmware update covers the models w/o self parking you can connect the rear view camera with the iVIC directly or simply add an Aftermarket camera.
Old 02-02-13, 02:36 PM
ls460shy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitetooth
If you cannot wait until an iVIC firmware update covers the models w/o self parking you can connect the rear view camera with the iVIC directly or simply add an Aftermarket camera.
do you know how can i connect the factory camera to the ivic?
Old 02-02-13, 07:23 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow didn't even know something like this existed. This looks neat. Must have if I ever get LS460
Old 02-03-13, 11:46 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

do you know how can i connect the factory camera to the ivic?
No way to connect the factory camera as there is no connector such as cinch. AFAIK the signal is sent via CAN bus.

There is a Vaistech adapter cable available and you can connect the cinch cable of an Aftermarket camera to the iVIC.

See main features at http://www.vaistech.com/dev/iVIC-droid.php :

Component Analog Audio/Video input (optional)
Composite Analog Audio/Video input (optional)

See also the detailed manuals

http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/iVIC...s%20Manual.pdf

Page 4 displays the cable and it includes a camera power supply.

Such a solution requires to select the source manually because it is not connected to the rear pos of your shift ****.
Old 02-04-13, 06:41 AM
ls460shy
Driver School Candidate

No way to connect the factory camera as there is no connector such as cinch. AFAIK the signal is sent via CAN bus.

There is a Vaistech adapter cable available and you can connect the cinch cable of an Aftermarket camera to the iVIC.

See main features at http://www.vaistech.com/dev/iVIC-droid.php :

Component Analog Audio/Video input (optional)
Composite Analog Audio/Video input (optional)

See also the detailed manuals

http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/iVIC...s%20Manual.pdf

Page 4 displays the cable and it includes a camera power supply.

Such a solution requires to select the source manually because it is not connected to the rear pos of your shift ****.
i don't wont to change the fuctory camera. but thanks any way.
do you know if vais are working on a softwer that will work with my modell?
Old 02-04-13, 09:09 PM
linus73
Lead Lap

is your ls460 have the self parking option?
if not did you lose the rear view camera?

i have a 2009 ls460l with out self parking and i want to install the ivic d5 badly but in vais the told me that i will lose my rear view camera since my lexus is not self parking.

help me...
yes you will loose the bck up camera if you have no self park feature, but for what you are going to gain, it is well worth it. i lost my cam but you can always hardwire the factory camera into the ivic unit, you will have to order the camera input harness and manually switch into camera mode.

i have no yet rewired my camera, but it does not bother me to loose my camera.i use my ivic unit as a demo in my car audio shop, and once in a while for actual use.

maby there will be an update later on that they will find so that it will work. be patient........these guys are geniuses
Old 02-05-13, 10:12 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

i don't wont to change the fuctory camera. but thanks any way.
do you know if vais are working on a softwer that will work with my modell?
I don't know but I'm very sure they have a solution one day if a lot of LS are w/o self parking. No cam is a no go as the screen is black in R.
Old 02-06-13, 10:17 AM
HMP07
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered iVIC for 2007 LS460L with Executive package. Wondering if i would be able to take advantage of the rear entertainment system (Would I be able to control screen in the rear as I would upfront screen). Also I have RCA input in the rear center console, would I be able to utilize that as I can right now?.

In short has anyone installed iVIC in a lexus 5th Generation with ML entertainment package and if so, are there any restriction on how the system works after the iVIC install.
Old 02-06-13, 01:44 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by HMP07
Just ordered iVIC for 2007 LS460L with Executive package. Wondering if i would be able to take advantage of the rear entertainment system (Would I be able to control screen in the rear as I would upfront screen). Also I have RCA input in the rear center console, would I be able to utilize that as I can right now?.

In short has anyone installed iVIC in a lexus 5th Generation with ML entertainment package and if so, are there any restriction on how the system works after the iVIC install.
I have the Vaistech iVIC in my 5th gen navi 2008 LS600hL (all options). iVIC communicates with the front screen, adds a 2nd native CD player (first is stock DVD player) , and adds the screens according to the existing input signal, see attachment.

Rear RCA input is separate and can be selected with the reomote control as without iVIC. Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) is a separate system and total independent from an additional iVIC.

You loose absolutely no audio or video functions of your Lexus and I'm very sure that you will ask yourself why you didn't install the iVIC earlier. It is simply a must-have for all Lexus as of 5th navi generation! And the Vaistech MML is a must-have for all 4th gen Lexus navi such as LS430, SC430.

Vaistech is absolutely right when they say: " iVIC Android phone integration is our top-of-the-line digital audio and video product engineered for complete mirror and control of all apps and features of your Android device right on the factory navigation screen.
iVIC incorporates pure, crystal-clear sound and high-resolution HD video output to deliver incomparable sharpness and clarity."
Attached Thumbnails ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008  ls 460-videographicsmode.jpg  
Old 02-07-13, 08:00 AM
HMP07
Driver School Candidate

TY @ Whitetooth, Where did you place the iVIC unit and the MHL cable.
Old 02-08-13, 08:17 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

TY @ Whitetooth, Where did you place the iVIC unit and the MHL cable.
My iVIC is below the armrest in the center console. I bought some parts and modified them, see attachments. Because you cannot bend the cables a 90 degree HDMI adapter is needed. The deleyCON is a perfect choice. My MHL adapter is now build-in in the Galaxy holder. This is a USB power supply (only) usually made for office tables. I exchanged the stock cable by the MHL adapter. A real custom solution but needed as I have the TV tuner in the box as well.

Please note, that iVIC needs cooling. I built an aluminium plate an put it above the iVIC. The remaining box is large enough. And the good news: I added two USB connectors, one for audio from iVIC USB and one for the TV tuner to play videos from USB. Great stuff! A real name: in Vehicle Infotainment Center (iVIC)!
Attached Thumbnails ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008  ls 460-img_3238.jpg   ivic d5 "android unit" in a 2008  ls 460-img_3240.jpg  

Last edited by whitetooth; 02-08-13 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-08-13, 10:25 AM
HMP07
Driver School Candidate

Just found out that I have to locate the information for install on my own...any help is appreciated.
Old 02-08-13, 01:06 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Right, all Lexus cable connections are Lexus/Toyota own solutions. They are always form-fit AND force-fit. Consequently a form-only-fit cinch standard is not supported and you will not find one on the camera to remove and connect to the iVIC. For those willing to cut the wire it is possible to install the iVIC w/o loosing the rear view cam.

Originally Posted by linus73
yes you will loose the bck up camera if you have no self park feature, but for what you are going to gain, it is well worth it. i lost my cam but you can always hardwire the factory camera into the ivic unit, you will have to order the camera input harness and manually switch into camera mode.
Would you mind describing how to hardwire it?
Old 02-08-13, 02:49 PM
HMP07
Driver School Candidate

Wonder if the device would work with iVIC

http://smartphonepedia.com/samsung-g...campaign_id=11
Old 02-09-13, 02:17 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Wonder if the device would work with iVIC

http://smartphonepedia.com/samsung-g...campaign_id=11
Yes, this is working as it has a HDMI output.

The MHL adapter has the same function: Outputting a HDMI signal. iVIC supports Galaxi Note II
Last but not least the iVIC can charge this smart dock (with integrated MHL adapter) and the Note II.

However, please check the height of the docking station plus smartphone. Station and iVIC needs to be in juxtaposition with each other otherwise you cannot close the compartment. Therefore my phone is in horizontal position. Fortunately this makes sure the orientation is exactly what is needed on the LS nav screen. It can be locked, of course.