LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Trunk Will Not Open/Trunk Jammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-15, 08:53 AM
keegan500
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me. I tossed a sweatshirt in the trunk didn't look that the sleeve didn't make it all the way in pushed the button and walked away. Jam, couldn't open the trunk. Luckily I had a access to some odds and ends and tools at work. I fashioned a hook on a pole and popped the emergency handle in the trunk (the glow in the dark one incase anyone gets trapped in your trunk somehow) Took 10 mins but worked like a charm! Hope this saves someone some money!
Old 06-14-15, 10:02 PM
pcsboult
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stuck Trunk

Thanks for all the post. A Vallet forced closed our Lexus 460LS trunk....got to airport and unable to retrieve our luggage.....bummer......but thanks to you all.....it's now opened. Disconnected battery for about 30 seconds...reconneted...initially didn't open with internal release button, had to use the hard key...then reset "vallet" trunk release in glove box a few times...and now all works as before.
Old 07-02-15, 01:55 PM
cholt103
Driver School Candidate

Default Saved my shop a bunch of time

A buddy of mine brought his car into the shop because his wife accidentally closed a hose in the trunk lid and the lid wouldn't open after. we tried for 15-20mins to open it manually from the inside with not success. Finally we found this thread and decided to try it out, unhooked the negative battery terminal and hooked it right back up, then pushed down on the trunk lid while someone else used the remote to pop the trunk and bam it opened right up!! Thank you very much!!!
Old 04-05-16, 10:27 AM
711donut
Driver School Candidate

Default Jammed Trunk

Much thanks to Nmumford for initial post.

I live in an area with no Lexus dealership so I took it to Toyota. They had no idea. Thank goodness for the internet. Same scenario as many other people...closed trunk on strap of bag and it got jammed. Found these posts! Unhooked battery for 15 seconds, pressed release button in interior of car while another person simultaneously pushed down then pulled up. Worked like a charm.

Here's the kicker, though, they couldn't figure it out then charged me $120 and they scratched my paint.

Jeez.
Old 03-31-17, 03:24 PM
PeggyApr
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Quick fix for Stuck/Jammed trunk

Just disconnected battery and reconnected then pushed key fob trunk button and whala! Tried everything else besides tearing the car apart for 3 hours. I hope this saves you time <3 Thanks for the info - I read it here.
Old 03-10-19, 01:27 PM
Mohamed432
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nmumford
Last Sunday I packed the trunk of 2007 LS 460 full. When I closed the trunk a strap from a backpack became jammed into the trunk lock. The trunk would not open with either the key or the internal release. I called Lexus Road side help and they told me to go to a dealer. The dealer was able to open the trunk by disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds. After reconnecting the battery, they releasing the trunk using the internal release while another person pushed down on the lid. This took all of 10 minutes.

None of these instructions are in the TIS database. I hope this saves someone a bad day with no access to the trunk.
Many thanks , you saved me, it works..
Old 03-10-19, 04:27 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 211 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by 711donut
Much thanks to Nmumford for initial post.

I live in an area with no Lexus dealership so I took it to Toyota. They had no idea. Thank goodness for the internet. Same scenario as many other people...closed trunk on strap of bag and it got jammed. Found these posts! Unhooked battery for 15 seconds, pressed release button in interior of car while another person simultaneously pushed down then pulled up. Worked like a charm.

Here's the kicker, though, they couldn't figure it out then charged me $120 and they scratched my paint.

Jeez.
why should you pay if they fixed nothing