LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Ls460

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 04:39 PM
margorp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls460

Just took delivery of my LS 460 Smokey Granite
on 11/13. A beautiful car. Suprise--no cassette player in the Levinson Audio System.

Bob
Old 11-14-06, 04:57 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

is cassette something you were looking forward to using?
Old 11-14-06, 05:55 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some people (myself included) still use audio cassettes from time to time, plus audio books...

...however on the LS 460 there is the miniplug which works for mp3 players, or portable cassette players, etc.
Old 11-15-06, 01:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

congrats on your new car i hope with the new car you are going to move up from cassette!!!
Old 11-15-06, 05:02 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by margorp
on 11/13. A beautiful car. Suprise--no cassette player in the Levinson Audio System.

Bob
Congrats Bob.

I also have the smokey granite. It is a beautiful car.

You mentioned cassete player. I was debating over whether to keep XM radio. I never had it and while I did play with it, I wasn't so impressed. I like rock and there are a few stations that are good. However, lets look at what we are getting for the price of the car.

We have:

ML HDD - All the CDs you could possible want
FM
AM
6 Player CD
6 Player DVD-A - Love it
6 Player DVD - In park with video and sound only while driving. Rolling Stones concert while you drive. Can't beat that.
Mp3 plug - iPod portable cassette player etc

What more can I say.....
Old 11-15-06, 08:14 AM
donaldm823
Rookie

Default XM Radio Needs

Originally Posted by dfiorito
Congrats Bob.

I also have the smokey granite. It is a beautiful car.

You mentioned cassete player. I was debating over whether to keep XM radio. I never had it and while I did play with it, I wasn't so impressed. I like rock and there are a few stations that are good. However, lets look at what we are getting for the price of the car.

We have:

ML HDD - All the CDs you could possible want
FM
AM
6 Player CD
6 Player DVD-A - Love it
6 Player DVD - In park with video and sound only while driving. Rolling Stones concert while you drive. Can't beat that.
Mp3 plug - iPod portable cassette player etc

What more can I say.....
One of the big draws for XM radio is the automatic navigation updates it provides. If you live in an area with a big city like Phildelphia-it automatically updates the navigation screen with road delays,construction, accidents, and shows tem as various icons on the map screen. If you do not live in an area where nav traffic is available-I would agree that paying the $12/month is probably not warranted since you have so many other digital options. Check out the xm web site for nav traffic availability. It automatically comes with the XM subscription
Old 11-15-06, 08:29 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by donaldm823
One of the big draws for XM radio is the automatic navigation updates it provides. If you live in an area with a big city like Phildelphia-it automatically updates the navigation screen with road delays,construction, accidents, and shows tem as various icons on the map screen. If you do not live in an area where nav traffic is available-I would agree that paying the $12/month is probably not warranted since you have so many other digital options. Check out the xm web site for nav traffic availability. It automatically comes with the XM subscription
That is true... I really did not think of that. I live in Staten Island, a suburb of New York. We have lots of accidents and lots of traffic. I guess I will have to reconsider.

Thanks
Old 11-15-06, 08:53 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations, smoky granite would be one of my top 3 choices for this car too. If you can, take some pictures & post them here for us to admire them
Old 11-15-06, 10:07 AM
HiltonHead
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by margorp

Bob
Congratulations Bob! The Smoky Granite is the color I ordered on my LS460L. What interior did you go with? I had a hard time deciding, but finally went with the Alabaster.
Old 11-15-06, 10:55 AM
ojah
Rookie

I too have ordered a smoky granite LS460L, which I've been told to expect around thanksgiving. I went for the grey interior but am now wondering whether I should have gone for the black instead. Called the dealership to change to black but my saleswoman maintains the gery is classier and less commonplace. I went with her suggestion but continue to be doubtful.
Old 11-15-06, 11:20 AM
dfiorito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ojah
I too have ordered a smoky granite LS460L, which I've been told to expect around thanksgiving. I went for the grey interior but am now wondering whether I should have gone for the black instead. Called the dealership to change to black but my saleswoman maintains the gery is classier and less commonplace. I went with her suggestion but continue to be doubtful.
I got the black and I am very happy. I did want the grey, but they had black.

I think either color is classy looking.

Good Luck - Hope you enjoy it like I do mine.
Old 11-15-06, 01:33 PM
ojah
Rookie

I'm sure I will. The car is all I think about these days. Thanks for making me feel better about my choice.
Old 11-15-06, 02:22 PM
Hartmonstr
Driver School Candidate

Just got word that my smoky granite over black 460 will be in port this weekend. I had three MBs with tan interiors, which soiled pretty easily (I live in the upper midwest snowbelt and have kids) and currently drive a Passat W8 with a light gray interior, so I thought I'd try the black this time (with the Comfort Plus package, even the back seat passengers will be cool in the summer). I know the black will probably show dirt, too, but it looks great in the showroom. It does mask the seam well where the center console meets the carpet, which IMHO is the low point of the interior design.
Old 11-16-06, 10:45 AM
margorp
Driver School Candidate

I went with black interior.

Bob
Old 11-16-06, 10:56 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love black on black and is the way I am heading too but this car would look good with any combination.

Congrats Bob!

Quick Reply: Ls460