LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Help me , my ecu engine 89661-50310

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 01:34 PM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me , my ecu engine 89661-50310

Hi guys, today I received the new capacitors ordered in america to digycom, replace the capacitors that have already changed and see if I solve the problem so I will be an example to those who buy shoddy capacitors
Old 04-02-15, 12:02 PM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, then I have not solved the problem by replacing the capacitors of the brand you mentioned and same characteristics. Who can help me solve my problems? Let me explain:
I have in memory dtc 41 tps, replaced and adjusted as I saw on the forum; the tachometer works badly wrapped it enchants on 10000rpm wrong when the engine rev counter goes crazy, as I walk you hold and will not accelerate; I do not enter data in the list when I make the diagnosis, I have not the obd but use a scanner and I connect to sdl pin. My unit has the code from 89,661 to 50,310
175000-7720
You have more information to this ECU and the problems that I have ?? thanks in advance
Old 04-03-15, 08:47 AM
zeen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Snabelit
Hi guys, then I have not solved the problem by replacing the capacitors of the brand you mentioned and same characteristics. Who can help me solve my problems? Let me explain:
I have in memory dtc 41 tps, replaced and adjusted as I saw on the forum; the tachometer works badly wrapped it enchants on 10000rpm wrong when the engine rev counter goes crazy, as I walk you hold and will not accelerate; I do not enter data in the list when I make the diagnosis, I have not the obd but use a scanner and I connect to sdl pin. My unit has the code from 89,661 to 50,310
175000-7720
You have more information to this ECU and the problems that I have ?? thanks in advance
Hi Snabelt. It looks like the program you used mangled the translation, it's hard to follow. Perhaps get a friend to help with the translation. You should start a new thread with your symptoms, and mention that you've already replaced the ECU caps. Also, look up the codes you're getting and provide the description to make it easier for the experts here. Good luck!
Old 04-03-15, 11:24 AM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zeen
Hi Snabelt. It looks like the program you used mangled the translation, it's hard to follow. Perhaps get a friend to help with the translation. You should start a new thread with your symptoms, and mention that you've already replaced the ECU caps. Also, look up the codes you're getting and provide the description to make it easier for the experts here. Good luck!
Thanks
Old 04-03-15, 01:15 PM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Default Help me , my ecu engine 89661-50310

hello guys, i have a problem on my engine, to be noted that I have already replaced the capacitors purchased from DigiKey, I mounted the ECU but it makes me the same problems that you list:
I have always the same code dtc 41 tps, I have already replaced and adjusted the sensor; the tachometer does not work well (flickers); smell of petrol from the drain (clean the injectors);
exhaust valves and aspirations are good; the engine runs at times and after not; not part cold if I accelerate (replaced stepper motor idle ) (motor temperature sensor);
does not enter diagnosis with techstream toyota, although I use a universal scanner is not communicating. what can i do? many thanks to those who helped me
Old 04-03-15, 02:52 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

What is the production date of the car?
Old 04-03-15, 02:56 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

If the old capacitors leaked on the traces, it may have ate thru them and you will need to fix the broken connections. Visually inspect and follow each trace. If a trace appears questionable, use an ohm meter to verify continuity. Good luck

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post8945511
Old 04-03-15, 11:50 PM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RA40
What is the production date of the car?
The my engine 1995
Europe RHD ucf20
Old 04-04-15, 12:52 AM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

Did you make sure you didn't have electro static charge on you when touching the ECU parts?
Always need to protect the components from that, use a wrist strap or even a bare wire wrapped around your wrist, and connected to an electrical ground.
You really need a known good ECU to rule out that as the problem. I have seen codes for TPS be something not related to that. One time it was the ignition module, the car it happened to was not a Lexus though.
Old 04-04-15, 06:22 AM
Finn
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try to locate - preferably borrow and if it works then buy - another Europe/year/model specific ECU and see if that cures the problems.
Old 04-04-15, 11:51 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

The inability to get any communication with the ECU remains that it is suspect/not functioning properly. If there was leakage on the traces from the caps, this may have caused serious damage. Definitely recheck that top and bottom cap mounting traces are not corroded and that the solder flowed well into these openings. Cold solder joints don't do very well and or any damage may still cause these issues to remain even with the caps installed.

Recheck and if possible snap some pics so that we can see the condition of the PCB around the caps.
Old 04-05-15, 12:43 PM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RA40
The inability to get any communication with the ECU remains that it is suspect/not functioning properly. If there was leakage on the traces from the caps, this may have caused serious damage. Definitely recheck that top and bottom cap mounting traces are not corroded and that the solder flowed well into these openings. Cold solder joints don't do very well and or any damage may still cause these issues to remain even with the caps installed.

Recheck and if possible snap some pics so that we can see the condition of the PCB around the caps.

ok, on Tuesday morning, I remove the ECU and will post photos, thank you all for the help they are giving me
Old 04-05-15, 12:45 PM
Snabelit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Finn
I would try to locate - preferably borrow and if it works then buy - another Europe/year/model specific ECU and see if that cures the problems.

will be a little difficult to find an ECU engine here in Europe, but I try to find another
Old 04-05-15, 04:04 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

This list may help as a cross reference in the chance that the ECU part# matches with one of these:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ml#post8762081

Is there a Lexus or Toyota dealer parts dept that might be able to cross reference ECU's for you?
Old 04-05-15, 09:27 PM
Yamae

Received 855 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Snabelit
the tachometer works badly wrapped it enchants on 10000rpm wrong when the engine rev counter goes crazy,
I don't get it. The tachometer has the range up to 8000rpm.

Anyway the source signal of the tachometer is obtained at the igniter. Your igniter may be not working properly or it is not properly driven by the ECU. In order to distinguish the problem and find out the root cause, a spare ECU would be useful if available.

I also need to inform you that an European 95 is not OBD compatible and you need a special tool called Toyota S2000 or an equivalent to read the full codes.

Quick Reply: Help me , my ecu engine 89661-50310