LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1996 ls 400 yoroshiku~

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-12, 06:37 AM
ladycrz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 ls 400 yoroshiku~

Nice to meet you all I have just joined this forum as I would like to learn more of the Ls 400 and VIP scene. I just purchase an ls 400 yesterday I currently own a 2011 Honda Crz ^_^ I appreciate the style of VIP so I look forward to learning and being apart of the community currently the Ls I have is green with plans to get it painted black. This style is mostly my husband's preference so I got this car for him while he is deployed as I enjoy cars as well from more of a function stand point I would love to see the other side to better understand form nice to meet you all ~

Now time to go learn about this car (f*,,*)f Lol
Old 12-22-12, 11:07 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome!
That's pretty cool that you are doing this for your husband while he's deployed.

When it comes to VIP cars, aside from all the little details, what makes and breaks the style is the wheels and stance. True VIP cars in the eyes of a lot of guys in the VIP world have to rock gangster camber with ridiculous offsets.

Personally, I think you can make a perfectly functional car that is still very much a VIP... You might get some flame from the purists!

Again welcome! There's lots of knowledgeable people around here to help!
Old 12-22-12, 11:53 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus

The two threads at the top are good for ideas:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ar-ls400s.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...eel-setup.html
Old 12-22-12, 01:01 PM
ladycrz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome guys I appreciate it but but camber is the new cleavage! lol I am not sure if my husband is into camber tbh i know he likes it slammed and big wheels but what vip enthusiast doesn't amirite :X I get **** all the time for my crz not being low enough but if i was any lower i wouldn't be functional for the canyons and that would make me sad :< lol

also here are pics because rly these type of thread is no fun without pics right ^_^
Old 12-22-12, 01:28 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Welcome, you should take a look at member LexKost's green LS if you need any inspiration.
Old 12-22-12, 02:30 PM
mikes7ke
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ladycrz
Thanks for the welcome guys I appreciate it but but camber is the new cleavage! lol I am not sure if my husband is into camber tbh i know he likes it slammed and big wheels but what vip enthusiast doesn't amirite :X I get **** all the time for my crz not being low enough but if i was any lower i wouldn't be functional for the canyons and that would make me sad :< lol

also here are pics because rly these type of thread is no fun without pics right ^_^
Welcome. So you take the crz on canyon runs? lol
Old 12-22-12, 03:32 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

dont mod ur car to other peoples tastes..this would be a boring forum if everyones car were the same
Old 12-22-12, 03:41 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to CL. You are one awesome wife. I'd recommend going air so you can have a little camber when you want lol.
Old 12-22-12, 05:27 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

This green one:
Old 12-22-12, 05:43 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Welcome. Looking forward to see what you do with her. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what makes an LS400 a VIP car. Slammed and at least 19's? I decided not to go too low myself. I originally was not going to lower at all but since I needed to replace my suspension I decided on a moderate drop with the goal of maintaining ride quality. Here is what 1.8" front and 1.5" rear on 18's looks like.
Old 12-22-12, 06:57 PM
ladycrz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
Welcome, you should take a look at member LexKost's green LS if you need any inspiration.
Ah sweet I am sending pics to hubby for some reason he cant visit this site, random sites are blocked while deployed @_@ stance nation happens to be one of them also lol all that stance is dangerous i supppose :<

Originally Posted by mikes7ke
Welcome. So you take the crz on canyon runs? lol
Yes, lol the crz handles very well out there although I am not stock.I also keep up with the s2k lmao XD. I meet up at the end of the month with a group of s2k and other crz we drive the snake mullholand latigo canyon and finish off with tuna canyon (after the third stop sign it turns into a one way and its an awesome fun drive although by the end of the day breaks are pretty hot >_< ) not meaning to make an *** of you and I, but the crz is a sport hybrid afterall despite what others think/feel also mine is 6MT no CVT here lol :P

Originally Posted by python
dont mod ur car to other peoples tastes..this would be a boring forum if everyones car were the same
The Lexus is for my husband, I mod my car to my taste lol I joined this forum to learn more about the car because I am interested it would be nice to learn about this style of car enthusiasm you can say, also this car will be modded to his taste once he gets back the green is kind of growing on me tbh because there are so many black and chrome style cars out there, I asked him today if he was going to incorporate a third color as an accent and he said gold so I suppose he plans to keep it pretty simple. Although I have had some ideas about this green myself its his car lol.

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Welcome to CL. You are one awesome wife. I'd recommend going air so you can have a little camber when you want lol.
Ty Sir~ I will suggest that to him, I am not sure how he feels about camber its never rly come up in a convo lol, I have seen some nice cars rocking the camber although I wouldnt do it on my crz (again I have a different prefrence of style, tho I appreciate the VIP look its very visually pleasing in a different way)

Originally Posted by RA40
that one looks rly nice at first I honeslty rly did not like this green color at all O_O I thought wow its greeen although I got it for a fairly good price I had the thought to change it to the color he wants before he gets home but now I will be sad to see the green go I think a green and gold theme would be pretty sweet lol black and chrome is nice and very classy but you see it alot the green is sort of refreshing now lol we will see although hubby isnt to worried for the color apparently and more concerned with wheels and coils firstly. I got to speak to him today and he wants to put leon hardiritt waffe wheels~

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Welcome. Looking forward to see what you do with her. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what makes an LS400 a VIP car. Slammed and at least 19's? I decided not to go too low myself. I originally was not going to lower at all but since I needed to replace my suspension I decided on a moderate drop with the goal of maintaining ride quality. Here is what 1.8" front and 1.5" rear on 18's looks like.
thanks for sharing the link ur ride height looks good while remaining practical and that front tint is insane lol I was going to put tanabe on my crz but 2 inch drop is a lil much for me >_< so now i am trading them with a friend lol for tiens, I do know ride quality is important to him. Its funny to me how different him and I are when it comes to cars, and well many things. I could care less for ride noise or smoothness while he is EXTREMELY picky with the ride noise and smoothness of the ride although I drive windows down music up and in the driver seat I dont feel much of any bumps for some reason in my passenger seat I do tho lol