LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Just installed Daizen CA Bushings and new ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 04:20 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Just installed Daizen CA Bushings and new ball joints

Well I just had my Daizen CA bushings installed along with new lower ball joints, and I did the Daizen sway bar bushings myself. I actually helped my mechanic quite a bit with the CA bushings installation which was cool. What a relief! I've been dreading that job so much and I'm glad I got someone else to do the bulk of it.

The CA bushings make an amazing difference. Here's the little analogy I came up with. Before my car was kind of like "the little engine that could"...but when its having trouble getting over the hill. It felt confident for example, when I'd step on the brakes at a signal light, I would slowly stop but often times find myself way too close to the car infront of me, or past the line. When taking turns the car just always felt like it took too much effort.. The front end felt heavy, but still in control.

Now, with the Daizen bushings installed, its like brand new! It feels like that little engine when he's all confident and ready to go. The front end feels so much lighter.. I keep noticing that when I'm stopping at signal lights, I leave my foot on the brake expecting to come to a nice slow stop, but instead the car stops 4-5 feet short of where I expected and it bounces forward! Taking turns feel effortless. The steering is much more precise and honestly feels like new.. it seems like the car just eats the road up.

On my everyday commute I drive across this one section of Central expressway that has new pavement but its kind of weird.. it always make the car vibrate like crazy. With the bushings installed this vibration is MUCH less. I can still feel it in the brake pedal a little but, but not in the body of the car or the steering wheel.

I'm very happy so far with the minor suspension mods: Daizen sway bar bushings + CA bushings, Tokico struts.

I just need new tires desperately and the softness of my ride will hopefully be regained.
Old 08-21-06, 04:47 PM
takumi117
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job, how hard were the CA bushings to change out? I bet it was a PITA
Old 08-21-06, 05:07 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It definitely was a pain. The upper ones are easy, but the lower CA bushings really suck. We ended up having to burn them becuase the inner sleeves were just too hard to get out. Putting the new bushings in was tough too becuase when you put one side in, the other side wants to pop out.
Old 08-21-06, 06:24 PM
NewLSlover
Pole Position

I envy you and your suspension upgrades....those are my next tackle, after my brakes! Suneet STAYS busy with mods!! I've been focused on electrical, I've got my two sunvisor tvs, glove box dvd player, alpine type r + amp, capactior, 6000k HIDS, sirius radio, all new interior lighting, HID fogs on the way

Too focused on that to hit the suspension just yet, but in the near future it will come...same with the new leather skins like you have! Taupe on the outside, cream on the inside , with sandstone piping, looks niccccce!

GOOD JOB, SUNEET....thanks for the knowledge
Old 08-22-06, 05:54 AM
damon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought the Daizen Control Arm Bushing install was a piece of cake & did it myself with little effort. Best money I have ever spent on my 94LS.
Old 01-20-07, 09:11 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the Daizen Poly Bushings RED or BLACK? I am just curious. I may order a set just want to make sure I get the correct parts.
Old 01-20-07, 09:56 AM
crazimofo
Driver

They are black in color. B.Diddy.
Old 01-20-07, 08:34 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by B.Diddy
Are the Daizen Poly Bushings RED or BLACK? I am just curious. I may order a set just want to make sure I get the correct parts.
The Daizen bushings are black (if I rfemember correctly), was the best money i ever spent for my 92 LS. Ordered them from Carson Lexus,,$100. Still have to order my rear sway bar ones though.
Old 01-21-07, 06:33 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sounds like the bushings were well worth the money. Thanks for the write-up bro