LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Car rarity

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-16, 07:32 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Shambler
Ha, I guess I jinxed myself. Just today I saw a pearl white refresh drive past me. It was probably the same (and lone) one I saw the past year, though!

It was kind of funny, but he was dead staring at me probably thinking the same thing I was while I was staring at his car, "wow, there's another!" Lol.
yep same thing happens whenever I see another Ls400 on the road. always stare at eachothers cars lol. same with at gas stations, if another one pulls up ill be expecting to compare notes especially if its a new owner. oh and Lexus drivers tend to like to park next to eachother. whenever my car is in a parking lot, at the store, at the gym, restaurant etc, I can expect a CT RX or a ES to appear in the space next to me by the time I come out.. or an Ls400. anyone else notice that?

I get asked questions constantly about Lexus cars and by fellow Lexus drivers around town. I work 60 hours a week and im almost always in my Lexus VTS uniform which is bright green so I get questions constantly when out in the public. I remember about a month ago I was in a gas station parking lot at 11PM 15 miles from the dealership helping someone random train there voice recognition system in there 2015 RC350. this is a 24 hour 7 day a week job. its a lot of fun.
Old 01-08-16, 07:37 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
That is a nice list, and very nice to have access to such sweet cars all the time! For someone my age who does not work for the auto industry, I feel I have been fortunate to drive some pretty nice cars. I've pretty much driven the entire Lexus range, save for the LFA and the big SUV's GX/LX, mostly as loaners when my car was in for a service. Driven half the Mercedes lineup (non-AMGs sadly), with the S-class being a personal favorite ( and hopefully next car). Driven a good chunk of the BMW lineup, with honorable mentions going to the E92 M3 6spd (the thrust in 1st and 2nd gears! ) and the 750 (liked it a lot, let the flames begin ). Driven some Audis, nothing too exciting A4 and A5, would love a go at an R8, and eventually will get around to trying an A8.

By far my favorite was a 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider, my buddy and I rented one in Vegas. Not only was it the fastest car I've ever driven, the sound it made was phenomenal, and power delivery was very smooth. Incredible car, and will definitely be a life goal to own something like it. Another cool one is a Nascar that I drove, was at Disney they had a small track laid out, I was actually there for a med conference, but the attending and I skipped a day to race around there. Anyways, I am envious of all the cool cars you're always around and can understand how one can become a bit jaded

Almost forgot, this summer my buddy bought a 996 Turbo with a 6 spd. He found the car in CO, so I flew out there to meet up with him and we road tripped it all the way back to MI. Those were a fantastic few days!
yeah its really fun. I feel blessed that I get to work where I do. I get to drive cars many people never get to touch and can only dream of what they are like. if you are interested, I do car reviews of the ones I drive sometimes if they really intrest me, I have a facebook group called "Joy Ride" look it up. lots of info and driving impressions of all kinds of different things. however its been a little while since I posted a review there. ive been too busy.
Old 01-08-16, 04:57 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
...oh and Lexus drivers tend to like to park next to eachother. whenever my car is in a parking lot, at the store, at the gym, restaurant etc, I can expect a CT RX or a ES to appear in the space next to me by the time I come out.. or an Ls400. anyone else notice that? ...
I always park far away usually at an end. Occasionally when I do see someone parked next to me, it's usually a nice high end luxury car or sports car. I always smile and think someone just as crazy and OCD as myself, we would get along well lol. I totally thought of this thread last night when I came out from getting food and a nice black W221 S550 (with some nice 600 wheels and a designo interior) had parked next to me. Made me wish I had an L version

Originally Posted by Stereorob
yeah its really fun. I feel blessed that I get to work where I do. I get to drive cars many people never get to touch and can only dream of what they are like. if you are interested, I do car reviews of the ones I drive sometimes if they really intrest me, I have a facebook group called "Joy Ride" look it up. lots of info and driving impressions of all kinds of different things. however its been a little while since I posted a review there. ive been too busy.
Cool man. I looked that up real quick, but saw a ton of results. You got a link?

And I suppose to sort of be on track with this thread, did not see a single LS of any kind today. Come to think of it, didn't really notice many Lexus' at all, though by Fri the 6:30AM start times really starts to wear on me and I pay less attention lol
Old 01-09-16, 08:36 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

the B7 Alpina almost makes me want to convert lol.
Oh jeez.....don't get suckered in! You won't be "LOL"ing when your B7 is sitting the dealer garage every week. Make no mistake, I LOVED driving my 7 when I owned it, as long as it was running properly, but that was such a rare occasion. Next to my '74 TR6, it's the worst car I've ever owned. I've been away from the Bimmerfest forums for over two years now, but to this day, I STILL get emails and messages from other members there asking me for help with their cars. LOL
Old 01-09-16, 03:37 PM
hms09
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes not bad at all! Amazing actually.
Old 01-10-16, 07:38 AM
closed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

9,900 of the 10,000 seem to be here in NYC
Old 01-12-16, 04:38 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah driving around the SF Bay Area they are all over the place. I think most of the LS' are probably tucked away in LA, SF and New York.

If only 7-10k are sold per year, the refresh has roughly 30k floating around, give or take.

Now, assuming a simple ratio of state population to LS population would equate to this:

2013+ LS 460s vs total registered state car population

California: 3,660 vs 13.6 million or 0.027%
Texas: 2,535 vs 7.8 million or 0.032%
Florida: 1,872 vs 7.3 million or 0.026%
New York: 1,857 vs 5.1 million or 0.036%

Of course, I'm sure the percentage of population to car ownership are probably skewed even more towards those big states and not a simple 1:1 ratio, but assuming it is, it's rather interesting.

So the 2013+ LS make up way less than 0.1% of the registered car population. Now that is indeed some rare and, might I add, exclusive company!
Old 01-12-16, 06:51 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't see too many in San Diego area. But tons of RX & IS models. Lots of ES models. Some GS and very few LS 460s. But lots of earlier generation LS models, especially 430s.