LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Intermittent warnings displayed, stuck in Park

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-15, 06:33 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by dojom77
So, I put a new battery in on 8/11. No more problems until today. The car sat in the hot sun all day. I tested the new battery and got 694 CCA vs. the stated 700 CCA, 835 CA vs. the rated 1000 CA. I've got the battery on a charger. The new battery is an "EverMaxx" from Wal-Mart.
If you are telling us that your "new" battery was mysteriously discharged, then you need to give some thought to the possibility that the doorjamb switch on the driver's door is defective allowing the headlights to remain on after the ignition is turned off.
Old 08-19-15, 05:07 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

If you have a drain issue, connect an amp meter in series to the battery and watch the amp meter power down as the computer slowly shuts down its various systems. I want to say 50 ma is the maximum on a lot of cars, but the LS does have many electronic gadgets, so it may be higher.
Old 08-20-15, 05:10 PM
dojom77
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I charged the new battery for 24+ hours using a trickle charger setting. The battery now reads 725 CCA vs the rated 700 CCA, 844 CA vs 875 CA (I made the mistake in a previous post stating a rated 1,000 CA). I think I just got a new battery that was a little weak.

The voltage reads 12.73 now.

I called the 1-800 number on the battery (Johnson Controls) to ask if the low CA in my test should be a concern. I was told, "no, the battery sounds like it is fine."

Now I will wait to see if the brake/ABS/VSC/Parking Brake warnings come back.

Stay tuned....

Old 08-20-15, 05:15 PM
dojom77
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BTW, my headlights stay on less than 30 seconds after I shut it down. I believe all of my custom settings went back to factory default following the battery disconnection. If I lock the car with the remote the headlights turn off right away.
Old 05-24-16, 02:06 AM
mosysav
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why a car so full of technology can't simply show a single message saying that the battery is weak ? Lexus' monitoring system sucks.
Old 05-25-16, 05:14 AM
sleeper416
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Recently I had all the lights on the dash instrument panel light up (see photo) and it turns out it was a Brake Actuator System Failure, which is a very expensive repair and 2009 LS 460 was out of warranty. I researched this and discovered this was a Toyota product system-wide failure on certain models. I contacted Lexus Corporate who asked me to visit the local dealership to confirm issues. Dealership did and Lexus Corp agreed to supply parts and I had to pay labor. Since it was a very expensive repair (close to $3K), I agreed. This was 6 months ago. During my most recent visit to the dealer, the service manager told me Lexus Corp would reimburse the labor I paid ($647) if I contacted them and supplied certain details. I just received the reimbursement. Taking responsibility for a manufacturing defect is an honorable way to do business. I also had a slight, but irritating front brake grinding after a recent brake job. Turned out requiring an adjustment - "Linear valve offset and reset ABS memory", which they did at no cost. My car has a bit over 75,400 miles.
The following users liked this post:
joeox (07-13-17)
Old 07-13-17, 11:44 AM
joeox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sleeper416
Recently I had all the lights on the dash instrument panel light up (see photo) and it turns out it was a Brake Actuator System Failure, which is a very expensive repair and 2009 LS 460 was out of warranty. I researched this and discovered this was a Toyota product system-wide failure on certain models. I contacted Lexus Corporate who asked me to visit the local dealership to confirm issues. Dealership did and Lexus Corp agreed to supply parts and I had to pay labor. Since it was a very expensive repair (close to $3K), I agreed. This was 6 months ago. During my most recent visit to the dealer, the service manager told me Lexus Corp would reimburse the labor I paid ($647) if I contacted them and supplied certain details. I just received the reimbursement. Taking responsibility for a manufacturing defect is an honorable way to do business. I also had a slight, but irritating front brake grinding after a recent brake job. Turned out requiring an adjustment - "Linear valve offset and reset ABS memory", which they did at no cost. My car has a bit over 75,400 miles.
Thanks for your write-up. My 2007 LS 460 just experienced this issue of the dashboard lighting up with all sorts of errors and the VSC has failed. I took the car to the dealership and they quoted me over $5k in repairs. My car is out of warranty so i'll contacting Lexus corporate for some help.
Old 04-06-18, 11:18 AM
tetoc
Driver School Candidate

Very interest in the outcome here with Lexus Corp. I have exactly the same thing with my 2007 LS 460 L. I do understand there was a service bulletin that expanded the warranty on this faulty Brake Actuator system but it expired on 12/31/2017 and was limited to car with less than 150,000 miles. The previous owner never new it was possible to have it fixed by Lexus and now I am passed both the date and miles since I am at 172,000. I have all of the records on the life of this car that had all of the symptoms of a faulty brake actuator from soon after it was brand new. Lexus wants to now close my case with sorry you miss the deadlines and even thought the previous and current owner was never informed you will have to pay 100% yourself. (I have several estimates from about $2,000 to $6,000, if you add the ball joints and struts they recommend it is over $10,000 for a car worth about $10,000) The way I see it is that it is a fact that Lexus knows there is a faulty part that they put into this car and that faulty part is still in this car allowing a huge safety issue in not being able to effectively stop an over 4,500 pound vehicle, they need to pay to replace it. Anyone else have any luck on getting Lexus to do the right thing? I am passionate about getting them to do what I think they should. I switch from Mercedes to purchasing my next 3 cars from Lexus. I am also in the market for a new LX 570 at $100,000. I am shock and pissed they have denied to take care of this problem. I may need to start switching to A.B.L. (Anyone But Lexus... Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Acura?) I would rather stay with Lexus but without a fair resolution I will absolutely file for a divorce, its a moral imperative. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-06-18, 11:20 AM
tetoc
Driver School Candidate

Very interested in the outcome here with Lexus Corp. I have exactly the same thing with my 2007 LS 460 L. I do understand there was a service bulletin that expanded the warranty on this faulty Brake Actuator system but it expired on 12/31/2017 and was limited to car with less than 150,000 miles. The previous owner never new it was possible to have it fixed by Lexus and now I am passed both the date and miles since I am at 172,000. I have all of the records on the life of this car that had all of the symptoms of a faulty brake actuator from soon after it was brand new. Lexus wants to now close my case with sorry you miss the deadlines and even thought the previous and current owner was never informed you will have to pay 100% yourself. (I have several estimates from about $2,000 to $6,000, if you add the ball joints and struts they recommend it is over $10,000 for a car worth about $10,000) The way I see it is that it is a fact that Lexus knows there is a faulty part that they put into this car and that faulty part is still in this car allowing a huge safety issue in not being able to effectively stop an over 4,500 pound vehicle, they need to pay to replace it. Anyone else have any luck on getting Lexus to do the right thing? I am passionate about getting them to do what I think they should. I switch from Mercedes to purchasing my next 3 cars from Lexus. I am also in the market for a new LX 570 at $100,000. I am shock and pissed they have denied to take care of this problem. I may need to start switching to A.B.L. (Anyone But Lexus... Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Acura?) I would rather stay with Lexus but without a fair resolution I will absolutely file for a divorce, its a moral imperative. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-05-22, 11:42 AM
Parrokeete
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dojom77
I have an ongoing issue with my 2007 LS460L.

Sometimes when I start the car I get multiple warnings on the display and the car will not shift out of Park unless the override button is used. The window switches are disabled and the turn signals won't operate.

The car has had the issue since I purchased it used with 12,000 miles on it. But it has become a lot more frequent in the last couple of months. It seems to happen more often after being parked in the hot sun.

The dealer has been useless as far as finding the problem. It does not throw or store any codes. It only happens occasionally and never at the dealership.

Usually I can restart the car after about 20 minutes or so and the problem has disappeared.

Check out my short video here: IMG 0499 - YouTube

Any thoughts or ideas on what to check for would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Buy yourself a brand new fuel cap and replace the old one snd clean around you gas tank opening. Or at least clean your old cap and frank opening. This could work, has worked for me on cars before, could be a simple and inexpensive solution. If that doesn’t work check if there is water in your truck where the electronics are I believe on the driver side. Everything will need to be removed from the trunk including the carpets.