LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Oyxgen Sensor - Again

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-21, 05:25 PM
CPALex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oyxgen Sensor - Again

Where is the oxygen sensor bank 2, sensor 1? I have the DIYdata book for my 07 LS46 but can't figure out exactly where the sensor it is or how to change it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-21, 09:45 PM
miket000
Instructor

Received 498 Likes on 310 Posts

I'm not sure how helpful this is... someone posted they could see my o2 sensor in my photos on this thread. Hope it helps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...placement.html
Old 03-17-21, 04:40 AM
Anfanger
Pole Position

Received 858 Likes on 631 Posts

I could not find images for the bank 2 sensor 1 but I marked locations for the bank 1 (1, 2) and bank 2 (2). Bank 2 will same location for the sensor but on the opposite side of the engine.

https://workshop-manuals.com/lexus/l...sor/page_1522/

Last edited by Anfanger; 03-18-21 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-17-21, 12:18 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by CPALex
Where is the oxygen sensor bank 2, sensor 1? I have the DIYdata book for my 07 LS46 but can't figure out exactly where the sensor it is or how to change it. Any help would be appreciated.
Bank 2 sensor 1 is on the passenger side exhaust manifold. Disconnecting the wire connector will probably be the hardest part.
Old 03-17-21, 11:59 PM
CPALex
Pit Crew

Oh crap! Looks like I might as well change my motor mounts given all the work I have to do anyway to get to the sensor!

Thanks to each of you for your help!
Old 03-18-21, 06:52 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Sha4000. Love that blue floor. Yours?
The following users liked this post:
sdls (03-18-21)
Old 03-18-21, 12:29 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by CPALex
Oh crap! Looks like I might as well change my motor mounts given all the work I have to do anyway to get to the sensor!

Thanks to each of you for your help!
It's really not a lot of work to get to the sensor compared to changing motor mounts. I have done my mounts and if you don't really need to change yours I would leave that job for another time. You just need to remove the bracket that the stabilizer bar bolt to on that side and remove the exhaust manifold heat shield. The bolts at the top of the heat shield are the most problematic because the alternator is in the way. You can get to them with various extensions, wobble sockets and ratcheting wrenches but it is a chore. Or you can just remove the alternator and you will have a clear view. The next thing is contorting your arm to reach the O2 sensor connector to unlock it. I could do it easy now since I know exactly what position I need to be in to get my hand up there but when your doing it for the first time you will be using a lot of choice words.

I read a post on this forum where someone just removed the battery tray and had easy access to the connector so you might want to look into that option. It's not a difficult job by any means but when your dealing with old and rusty bolts that can add another level to it.
Originally Posted by AZGS4
Sha4000. Love that blue floor. Yours?
Yes the floor is a bit scarred up from me working on it but it's holding up nice. I laid down the Epoxy myself.
The following users liked this post:
sdls (03-18-21)
Old 03-18-21, 08:34 PM
CPALex
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sha4000
It's really not a lot of work to get to the sensor compared to changing motor mounts. I have done my mounts and if you don't really need to change yours I would leave that job for another time. You just need to remove the bracket that the stabilizer bar bolt to on that side and remove the exhaust manifold heat shield. The bolts at the top of the heat shield are the most problematic because the alternator is in the way. You can get to them with various extensions, wobble sockets and ratcheting wrenches but it is a chore. Or you can just remove the alternator and you will have a clear view. The next thing is contorting your arm to reach the O2 sensor connector to unlock it. I could do it easy now since I know exactly what position I need to be in to get my hand up there but when your doing it for the first time you will be using a lot of choice words.

I read a post on this forum where someone just removed the battery tray and had easy access to the connector so you might want to look into that option. It's not a difficult job by any means but when your dealing with old and rusty bolts that can add another level to it.
That's very good to know. Having just resealed the high pressure fuel pumps I know exactly how to take the battery tray out!
Old 03-19-21, 05:01 PM
CPALex
Pit Crew

I replaced the Bank 1, #2 sensor a few months ago. Getting to the wire clip was impossible for me. I had to get somebody with a smaller arm and hands to do it for me. I was cussing the engineers out for putting it where they did. Thanks for the photos guys. Very helpful. I'm going to give this a shot this weekend (along with the front upper control arms!).
Old 10-03-21, 05:53 PM
slothman
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I trust amazon, and the returns ALWAYS favor the buyer

Amazon Amazon