LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

brake Pad wear

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-14, 09:12 PM
aaauae
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default brake Pad wear

the brake pad wear light just popped up on the car dash so i guess need to change the brake pads .. thats fine but i wanna get rid of the sensors which i beleive must be broke now ? as the light only comes up when the sensors break the contact on the circuit .

how many sensors are on the car for the brake thingy . i read some where its on the right side front and back need to confirm that .

is there a DIY for the brake bad replacement and sensor trick i read some where its just matter of cutting the wire and joining them with each other .

Thanks
Old 07-07-14, 11:00 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the question is why????? just make it a habit to check pads every so often, you must drive hard..
Old 07-07-14, 11:49 PM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by Lextrician
the question is why????? just make it a habit to check pads every so often, you must drive hard..
just cos every time i finish the brake pads don't want that message on my screen , not not head ache of replacing the sensor everytime

i drive daily about 200 miles all highway the pads do need a change because the previous owner changed them long long back

and still my question is not answered where is the sensor and how to get rid of it ...
Old 07-08-14, 03:55 AM
derpie
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sensors are on the pads ,you'll see a wire leading to the pad. If you splice the wires back together the circuit will see the sensor as not broken. However you will not know if your pads are low unless you manually check it.
Old 07-08-14, 07:37 AM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by derpie
The sensors are on the pads ,you'll see a wire leading to the pad. If you splice the wires back together the circuit will see the sensor as not broken. However you will not know if your pads are low unless you manually check it.
Thanks found the wire , manually is fine i hate computers and stuff , i dont want a computer to tell me what to do with my car lol

coming from a Evo 7 this car is like a gizmo machine
Old 07-08-14, 07:57 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aaauae
just cos every time i finish the brake pads don't want that message on my screen , not not head ache of replacing the sensor everytime

i drive daily about 200 miles all highway the pads do need a change because the previous owner changed them long long back

and still my question is not answered where is the sensor and how to get rid of it ...
If you drive 200 miles a day and it's all highway, you won't see that break pad sensor go off for a LONG time.

Not sure why you would want to hack up a Lexus like this and defeat the purpose that the sensor was intended for.
Old 07-08-14, 08:12 AM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
If you drive 200 miles a day and it's all highway, you won't see that break pad sensor go off for a LONG time.

Not sure why you would want to hack up a Lexus like this and defeat the purpose that the sensor was intended for.
yeah my GMC truck didnt need braje pads for 40000 kms , so these gonna last similarly , but what wears out the pads are driving to 200 km/h then going to below 140km/h and then again speeding up ...

i feel sensors are not worth it i mean i will have brake pads changed about in 40000 kms again dont wanna change the sensor again
Old 07-16-14, 11:36 PM
aaauae
Driver

guys i need a bit of help , how do i make my fog light run independently ... like i dont want the head lights to work but only the fog lights , i read around best option seems is to route a wire and place a switch for it but how do i route it inside the car . i wanna do it my self

BTW for the brake pads i changed them still the warning is there the sensor wires seemed to look fine .
Old 07-17-14, 05:39 AM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pick believe you have to replace the brake pad sensors once they have "alarmed". So until you place them even though you replaced the pads, you will continue to get the alarm.