LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Really suffering from Back Pain in my 03 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-16, 03:58 AM
Geols430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really suffering from Back Pain in my 03 LS430

I bought this car 2 months ago. The car has done 220k miles but in really great condition. Only problem I am suffering is back pain, as I have to drive 100 Miles a day. I have added some sponge to my seat but still my back is aching a lot. Can anyone suggest any permanent solution for this. From where can I get a new seat if I need to buy. As new seats for old model is not available here in Dubai. Thanks
Old 06-19-16, 09:32 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

I would look into having the seat reupholstered. Super car is a pretty good shop it's over on 46th street at 7E off of Salahuddin Rd.. However, there are a number of shops right in Dubai City that should be able to take care of you

Depending on the condition of the leather, they should be able to make it as comfortable as you need
Old 06-19-16, 11:29 PM
Geols430
Driver School Candidate

Thanks 2KHarrier for your comment. I have done the upholstery in two different shops in Ajman, but not comfortable. Today I have used that wooden beats cushion on the top of my seat . Now I feel very much comfortable. Lemme see how long will it be comfortable.
Old 06-20-16, 05:46 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

If that works, then you're set...
Old 06-20-16, 04:27 PM
semar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

had a lot of different cars over some decades.
Best seat period is Scheel-Mann seats
just google it
Old 07-04-16, 12:00 AM
Geols430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Geols430
Thanks 2KHarrier for your comment. I have done the upholstery in two different shops in Ajman, but not comfortable. Today I have used that wooden beats cushion on the top of my seat . Now I feel very much comfortable. Lemme see how long will it be comfortable.
After 2-3 weeks drive, I am suffering from the same back pain I had before
I had a general conversation with my friend who is a Doctor about my back pain and he asked me, are you using any Toyota Car?? That question has a lot and he really meant it. Coz he has so many patients coming with back pain who are using toyota cars...
No idea what should I do now. Can any one advise please..
Old 07-04-16, 05:31 AM
asujithdr
Rookie

I hope you tried the various seat adjustments looking for the most suitable setting for your structure. LS430 seats are praised as very comfortable by many owners inside and outside this forum. Just my thought.. Hope you get well..
Old 07-04-16, 08:17 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Not really LS related but consider seeing a doctor to have an MRI done.

When I was in my 20s I had chronic back pain while seated in cars for over 30 minutes or so. Once it felt like someone stuck a knife in my neck during a road trip. I kind of ignored it and it went away but hit me like a train in my late 30s. I could not handle the pain in my lumbar area and radiating down my leg from a nerve being pinched by a ruptured disc in my back.

The first doctor I saw was terrible and told me if I could not handle the pain all he could do was fuse my back. In other words it was do nothing or radical surgery. I found a great surgeon about 3 months later who was able to nearly make the pain go away with medication I had to take for only about 45 days. It did not fix my disc but I was able to get back to a pain free life but I do have to watch it and not lift heavy objects, bend too much, and I can never run a marathon. I feel incredibly blessed to be pain free.

I see you are in TX. If you are interested I can send the info for my Houston area doctor via PM.
Old 07-05-16, 04:49 AM
Geols430
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the offer of Doctors Number. I was using an Honda Accord previously and the lumbar support of Honda Car Seats are just awesome. You cannot compare Accord's & LS 430's seat. Anyways I have ordered a new OEM Cushion Pad, waiting for the shipment to delivered. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-01-16, 08:11 AM
white430s
Driver School Candidate

I had my belts custom made at a tack shop that made horse bridles and such. I started having lower back pain driving for many hours at a time and realized the thick full grain belts were a big part of the problem. Back to store bought belts. This was also pre-Lexus ownership. My seats would probably do the same thing. I also had some issues with my seat adjustment. The high lumbar adjustment was not need for my body. Just the lower lumbar. My seat cushion was extended too far as well. My massage theripist helped me with the adjustments. Big difference.
Old 08-01-16, 04:20 PM
rpusic929
Driver School Candidate

Does the 03 have the same lumbar supports as the 04? I drove a lot of the years for work and developed lower back pain from driving all sorts of cars. I have a slight bulge in a lower disc. My chiropractor recommended this: http://therapeuticainc.com/spinal_back_support.html
I purchased it an drove a few years and it was definitely more comfortable with little pain. It has a steel insert keeping it rigid. At some point, the company put us in a Chevy Volt. The support didn't even help with that car in preventing paint. A bad car for people 6 ft and taller. Out goes the Volt and I got a medical exception for a truck. Drove a little in a Silverado then got into a new Ram. I have to say the seating position in the trucks is a much better position for the back. I didn't need the support anymore. After leaving the company, I had to buy a car and got into a 04 LS430 ML. Thinking I might need that support again, I found the lower lumbar support to be very good and no need for the special support. Since April, my daily is 165 miles round trip. I have no issues like I did before. I have the seat adjusted higher and the lengthen all the way out so there is support under the thighs closer to the knee. Hope this help. Bought in March '14 with 129k and now have 165k with most coming since April. Hopefully I can say it has 250k two years from now and still little to no pain.