Originally Posted by 1blkls430
I need some help. My husband passed away in May and I am trying to maintain his LS430. I had the oil changed a few weeks ago, but my maintence required light is still on.
Is there a way to reset it? I have not come across it yet for the LS430.
Thanks for your help.
Sorry for your loss. It should all be in the owner's manual, but if you're talking about the light on dash it's:
1. Turn ignition switch to first position, but don't start car.
2. Press "Trip" button until the odometer displays
3. Turn ignition swith back to off
4. Press "Reset" button and hold
5. Turn ignition switch to first position again, don't start engine, while holding down "Reset" button till "Maintenance Required" disappears
I have an '04, don't know which year you have, or if it was with previous years, but part of the Nav. display was a "maintenance" reminder that could have been set also that reminded you when a particular maintenace (i.e. Oil, Filters, Tires, etc.) was due. If you mean those, then.
1. Hit "Options" I believe it is.
2. Then select Information
3. Then maintenance
and it will go into the maintenance panel, where you can then reset or just turn off the reminders.
Anyway, this should work.