LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

First lexus 1990 celsior

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-16, 08:12 AM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First lexus 1990 celsior

Hello everyone on CL, I just recently purchased my first lexus. It's a 1990 toyota celsior with only 63,000km. Car is still being shipped to me unfortunately, won't have it until July. Always wanted to own a lexus, originally wanted a 98-00 but couldn't pass up this one in the auction. To what I beleive it is a top of the line model. Someone correct me if im wrong. Well what's the thread with out pictures!!

I have owned many 240sx, a couple ae86 corollas, my last car was a 1988 bmw 325 (e30)
Owned for a while but kinda lost interest in it after someone rear-ended me.

We'll looking forward to getting this project started.
Old 05-26-16, 12:06 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Congrats on the low mileage find... but those RH drive cars always look so weird to me.
Old 05-26-16, 01:02 PM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Legender
Congrats on the low mileage find... but those RH drive cars always look so weird to me.
Thanks legendary, this will be my second rhd vehicle. One of my previous 240sx had a conversion done. There fun to drive gets alot of looks. I couldn't find a lexus locally with under 150k miles, and if they did it had a rebuilt title.
Old 05-26-16, 02:27 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 237 Posts

Congrats and welcome; I feel like I saw the listing for this car recently.. Yours is the same color as my LS with mudguards as well.

It is definitely hard to find one with low miles, in good condition, and with service history, unless you happen to know someone. I was lucky to come across mine a few years ago.

I envy your TRAC option and the other goodies that Celsiors have over the USDM LS 400s.

Before you do anything, I would check your coolant level and if the system has any leaks, when you get the car. There's a lot of coolant all over the top of your reservoir, and the level looks quite low in the tank.

Last edited by CELSI0R; 05-26-16 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-26-16, 03:46 PM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CELSI0R
Congrats and welcome; I feel like I saw the listing for this car recently.. Yours is the same color as my LS with mudguards as well.

It is definitely hard to find one with low miles, in good condition, and with service history, unless you happen to know someone. I was lucky to come across mine a few years ago.

I envy your TRAC option and the other goodies that Celsiors have over the USDM LS 400s.

Before you do anything, I would check your coolant level and if the system has any leaks, when you get the car. There's a lot of coolant all over the top of your reservoir, and the level looks quite low in the tank.
Unfortunately no service records unless there tucked away in glove box. I see that. I plan to do oil and coolant change before the car sees the road. Idk if you can see it in that pic but there is some residue in top of the valve cover by the vacuum line.
Old 05-26-16, 04:49 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Originally Posted by Dwallace
Unfortunately no service records unless there tucked away in glove box. I see that. I plan to do oil and coolant change before the car sees the road. Idk if you can see it in that pic but there is some residue in top of the valve cover by the vacuum line.
I do see that now. If no records are available, a tune-up would definitely be a good idea to ensure longevity.

Let us know more about the car when you get it. Looks amazing.
Old 05-26-16, 05:11 PM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CELSI0R
I do see that now. If no records are available, a tune-up would definitely be a good idea to ensure longevity.

Let us know more about the car when you get it. Looks amazing.
I will no doubt. I'm sure I'll be needing some help on a few things haha. Thanks for replying.
Old 05-26-16, 05:32 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Did all Celsiors have the air suspension setup???
Old 05-26-16, 06:15 PM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I'm not sure but I know this one does
Old 05-26-16, 08:20 PM
Yamae

Received 898 Likes on 679 Posts

No. There are 2 versions, the air one and the spring one. The air ones were sold more here though.
Old 05-27-16, 10:10 AM
Najeeh
Rookie

Congrats on the purchase. From the pictures i see you got the C F package with all the goodies for the rear seats. I always wanted to know what could be controlled from the back seat.
Old 05-27-16, 12:44 PM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Najeeh
Congrats on the purchase. From the pictures i see you got the C F package with all the goodies for the rear seats. I always wanted to know what could be controlled from the back seat.
Thank you for clarification that it is the C F package. I will let you know in a month what all can be controlled from back there. I'm hoping the messaging rear seats work still lol
Old 05-27-16, 04:06 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Default Toyota Celsior details

As Yamae explained, Celsiors came with either standard suspension or air suspension setups. These were denoted on the frame as UCF10 or UCF11, respectively.

Originally Posted by Najeeh
Thank you for clarification that it is the C F package. I will let you know in a month what all can be controlled from back there. I'm hoping the messaging rear seats work still lol
If I remember correctly, the C F package included seats with a rear massaging feature (which is part of why they look different than LS 400 rear seats), radio controls, rear climate controls, rear heated seats, and a cassette player.

EDIT: Rear seat adjustment switches also seem to be on the control panel.
Attached Thumbnails First lexus 1990 celsior-4216261_orig-1-.jpg  

Last edited by CELSI0R; 05-27-16 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Image of rear controls added
Old 05-27-16, 04:12 PM
Dwallace
Driver School Candidate

Yeah that's one of the only things I didn't get a picture of was the controls in the rear arm rest. So is that the only thing that makes the CF package has over the C?
Old 05-27-16, 04:20 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Yeah that's one of the only things I didn't get a picture of was the controls in the rear arm rest. So is that the only thing that makes the CF package has over the C?
I can't tell you for sure, but I believe so.

I have a lot of links on the Toyota Celsior, as well as the LS 400.. You can see some more about the C F here and here.

Interestingly enough, the C F package weighed 50 kg more than the C package. Here is also a cool digital catalog for your car. - I can't read Japanese, though... I just look at the pictures and try to understand it.

Quick Reply: First lexus 1990 celsior