This is something that will literally take you 10 minutes to accomplish once you've removed the cluster from the dash. If the repair is the typical replacing of the three caps that failed, which sounds like the symptoms you described, then the actual process is removing the old ones, and soldering on the new ones.
I just did this repair on my own cluster a couple of weeks ago, and as I recall, I spent a little over seven dollers with shipping for the new caps. I was fortunate in that my needles weren't experiencing that flickering or broken element problem that I've seen from my research. The other symptom mine had was the fuel gauge was not functioning at all. After the repair, all was well with the world.
Removing the cluster is, imho, the more difficult of the tasks ahead of you. Your biggest challange will be to learn just how to maneuver the cluster to release the connecters attached to the back of it. The tutorial is nice, but isn't able to relay just quite how to reach them. Also, be mindful that since they are old, the connectors have a tendency to break when you try to remove them.
While you could have someone else do this for you, they will have the same issue of the connectors potentially breaking, and you'll be paying someone to do so.
Or, conversely, you could do it yourself, and since you've not done it before, give yourself more time... say two hours, to remove, dismantle, repair, resassemble, and reinstall the cluster. All for the price of a few caps and shipping.