Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

What do I need to know b4 installing 2-WAY Alarm/Remote Starter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 05:01 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

yeah it functions normally when not using the remote start... but keysense is a simple neg trigger so why not just hook it up.. if the alarm doesnt have a keysense trigger use the gwr output (ground while running) as long as it activates before the engine starts..
Old 09-02-11, 12:14 PM
phrozen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

00 gs remote start installed the "right" way is very time comsuming.

First problem is the locks, you have to run wires into the drivers door to the door lock module which requires a relay and diodes.

you also have to run a wire into the drivers door module to tag the drivers door trigger wire to pluse a neg trigger to shut off the lights when u hit lock or after the remote start disengages this also requires a relay.

next for trunk pop you need a relay.

also you will need a 556 module and a extra key to bypass the imobilizer or get a xpresskit module and make sure it is properly flashed. using the module that does not require a key requires some soldering skills and time you have to tag about 6 wires i believe just for the module and they are very thin.

there is a common door trigger wire so you do not have to grag each trigger individually but it is damn near impossible to get behind the passender kick fusebox up high. if i was to do this again i would grab them individually, even if you do grad that common trigger u still need to pulse a neg trigger to the drivers door trigger using factory alarm arm wire coming off the remote start.

rest is pretty straight forward lol.. ive done a few of these cars and doing it the right way takes time like a whole day

heavy gauge wires and data wires or wires that need to see certian ohms should be soldered if the shop does not offer this i would go elsewhere. doing it the right way means less rework and less failure
Old 09-02-11, 08:09 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

naw its not too bad....(i did my last gs in about 2 hrs..)but u r correct relays are needed to do doorlocks.(but if u goto the pass door u can use a single pulse instead of a double) but u should be able to use a simple neg trigger at trunk switch (other side of key cut off) to open the trunk.. u can also use the underdash light as a door trigger (just program a 45sec delay or turn off door error report) or just drop the whole glove box to access the pass kick wires(2) 10mm bolts an 4 screws..

auto headlight off is a red wire neg trig at headlight switch. the 556u,xpresskit or idatalink(my personal favorite) modules work for transponder bypass..
and use the keysense wire to turn off the oem alarm for remote start an auto adjust the steering column

i do rec soldering wires

also talk to the installer, ask questions, make sure you are comfortable with him & if need be ask to see his MECP cert.. any installer worth his salt has a copy (though it maybe at home but im sure he'd love to bring it in to show u)
Old 09-03-11, 09:07 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI......... Toyota likes to use a key cylinder light. Works great as a door trigger!
Old 09-05-11, 03:30 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu
FYI......... Toyota likes to use a key cylinder light. Works great as a door trigger!

CORRECT!!! i almost forgot that..may still need the delay set..