Sponsored by:

3 gen ES.. stock sub. plug

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 08:54 PM
JUNKYARD00
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 gen ES.. stock sub. plug

hi all, i was just wondering if i can use a converter on the stock sub plug outlet(which i threw out cause i thought it was blown)so i can go audio wires to amp? my stock sytem is all nakam., well it was until i blew out the stock amp by trying to bridge two 10 fosgate from stock 05 sentra(got greedy). now i got a pioneer stock amp which is cool. atm i wanted to leave it all stock even though the head unit screen is blacked out(so typical) and just add some 12s w/ a 800w amp. thx guys in advance.
Old 10-14-08, 08:40 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people here will go the extra mile to help someone but it has to be a two way street. Please help decoding your original message.

Originally Posted by JUNKYARD00
i was just wondering if i can use a converter on the stock sub plug outlet(which i threw out cause i thought it was blown)
What type of converter are you asking about? What is this stock sub plug you mention? Is it the speaker connection on the sub? The speaker wire connection at the amp? What was actually thrown out? How did you determine it was blown?

so i can go audio wires to amp?
Low level RCA or high level speaker wires? Those are the common types of audio wires used to connect equipment. Less common connections include TOS/Link for optical, balanced low level and even coaxial digital.

my stock sytem is all nakam., well it was until i blew out the stock amp by trying to bridge two 10 fosgate from stock 05 sentra
I'm assuming 'two 10 fosgate' means a pair of 10 inch Rockford Fosgate subwoofers? If so, then how did you bridge them? It is impossible to bridge speakers. You bridge multiple channels of amps to a single channel. Are you saying that you wired them in a way that it presented an impedance that was lower than the amp could handle?

now i got a pioneer stock amp which is cool.
You have a Pioneer built OEM amp or a Pioneer retail amp?

i wanted to leave it all stock even though the head unit screen is blacked out(so typical)
What is typical about a head unit screen being blacked out? I've never heard the phrase 'blacked out' used when describing a head unit.

add some 12s w/ a 800w amp. thx guys in advance.
What 12's are you looking at? Why are you arbitrarily choosing an 800w amp? Normally, you choose your subs and your enclosure then you get an amp that will properly power them. Or if you already have an amp, you choose your subs to take advantage of the amp's power output and features. What is your budget and how much trunk space are you willing to give up for an enclosure? What electrical class amp are you looking at? If you go with something other than an class D or other efficient design, are you willing to upgrade parts of your electrical system?

-Robert