LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Wiring enclosed sub from stock samp wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 11:55 AM
93Lex400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring enclosed sub from stock samp wires

Hello, I have a 1993 LS400 and would like to take out my stock subwoofer. It is not damaged but just does not fulfill my needs. I can replace it but I don't think it will take me very far due to the stock amp.

So, I would like to know where is the stock amp. for the sub located? When I was pulling out my cd-changer there was one on top of it, inside the panels, is that the speaker amp?

Has anyone replaced the stock step-up with an aftermarket one?
Meaning replacing the amp and the free air sub with an aftermarket one. So, everything is where it was but just with aftermarket parts.

I’m thinking about putting an enclosed sub with an amp. and would like to know if I can run the wires from the stock amp up to my new amp and same for the sub.

Now, I don’t have much knowledge about the topic. I don't want to drill holes and run cables from the battery and signal cables from the head unit and such.

Thank you.

Last edited by 93Lex400; 03-25-06 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-27-06, 05:34 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Lex400
Hello, I have a 1993 LS400 and would like to take out my stock subwoofer. It is not damaged but just does not fulfill my needs. I can replace it but I don't think it will take me very far due to the stock amp.

So, I would like to know where is the stock amp. for the sub located? When I was pulling out my cd-changer there was one on top of it, inside the panels, is that the speaker amp?

Has anyone replaced the stock step-up with an aftermarket one?
Meaning replacing the amp and the free air sub with an aftermarket one. So, everything is where it was but just with aftermarket parts.

I’m thinking about putting an enclosed sub with an amp. and would like to know if I can run the wires from the stock amp up to my new amp and same for the sub.

Now, I don’t have much knowledge about the topic. I don't want to drill holes and run cables from the battery and signal cables from the head unit and such.

Thank you.
I have a 92 LS. The amp for the sub is located in the trunk. Facing the car from the rear, it is located high, behind the panel on the left side of the back wall, close to where the rear trunk support swings down. That panel is held on by clips which pop out, however you will have to put a little pressure on them to pop them out. I haven't upgraded my stereo yet, so sorry can't help you beyond that.