factory alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-03, 01:30 PM
pearl01rx3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory alarm

Hello,
With the doors locked, if I press unlock button once on the factory alarm, the drivers door (only) unlocks (no audible beeps), if I open the door, the alarm goes off. If I reset everything and lock the doors wait 10 mins., press the unlock button once, the drivers door only unlocks (no audible beeps), press the button for the second time all the doors/hatch unlock (two audible beeps) open the door and no alarm sounding. Can anyone help? I want to press the unlock button once and have only the drivers door open and disarm the alarm.
Old 12-23-03, 04:58 PM
ederny
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Pearl,

I take it you have an 01 RX300.

Your description "With the doors locked, if I press unlock button once on the factory alarm, the drivers door (only) unlocks (no audible beeps), if I open the door, the alarm goes off." indicates there is something wrong with the alarm system.

The operation of fthe alarm on my '99 RX 300 is as you mentioned at the end of your note: press the unlock button once (2 beeps), only the drivers door unlocks. Opening the drivers door does not set off the alarm.

This is something that should be covered under warrenty. If you are handy, you might try reseting the systems on the vehicle just for grins! One never knows, it might just correct the problem. This would be done by disconnecting the battery (negative lead will do it). Go in the house and have lunch or just leave it for a half an hour or so and then reconnect the battery (you'll have to reset the clock and maybe your programmed radio buttons). If that doesn't help, you'll have to see your dealer.

Good Luck.