Lease-end buyout! Assistance Required

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-15, 01:51 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Lease-end buyout! Assistance Required

Hey CL!

I'm planning on purchasing my leased is350f after the terms are over.
Currently the residual value is 36,500. I have taken very good care of my car, on track to stay within the mileage constraints, etc.

Has anyone negotiated buyout terms? If so please share! I want to make sure I get the best deal I can from the dealership.

I'm aware of the basic stuff... like let the dealership call you, play hard to get etc etc.
Old 05-07-15, 01:55 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dnasians
Hey CL!

I'm planning on purchasing my leased is350f after the terms are over.
Currently the residual value is 36,500. I have taken very good care of my car, on track to stay within the mileage constraints, etc.

Has anyone negotiated buyout terms? If so please share! I want to make sure I get the best deal I can from the dealership.

I'm aware of the basic stuff... like let the dealership call you, play hard to get etc etc.
If your lease is through Lexus Finance, my understanding is there is no negotiating the buyout amount.

Also, the dealer does not own the car - the lessor does.
Old 05-07-15, 02:07 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much are 2014 IS350 F Sport in the market right now? I don't think it's worth buying it off if you can get it else where cheaper from someone who turned in a lease. They are most likely taken care of. Also, check out how much other dealerships are willing to pay for your car. You could make some money that way if they are on the upside.

If you are set to buying your car and nothing else, forget you read my post lol.
Old 05-07-15, 02:28 PM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can NOT negotiate the terms of ANY closed-end lease. You can however shop around interest rates and financing deals if you so choose to finance. If you have any other dealer questions feel free to PM me. I'm a sales manager at a Honda store and I have been in the automotive business over a decade.

Also.. I would also like to add if you plan on purchasing the lease. Do not need to go to the dealer to purchase the vehicle. I would work directly with Lexus Financial and your desired lender. Get your payoff amount from them and find your own financing versus going to the dealer. If you purchase the vehicle from the dealer you will pay documentation fees and whatever else fee's your dealer adds on their purchases. If this is no big deal to you, sure go to the dealer, but if your one of the individuals that likes to save in every area possible getting your own financing is the way to go. I will be doing this at end-of-term on my lease.

I would suggest opening a bank account at PenFed credit union they from what I have seen along with USAA offer the best used car financing on any vehicle as long as your credit is good of course.

Last edited by R8RDIVA; 05-07-15 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-07-15, 02:34 PM
Booster
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you mean "Assistance Requested".

Last edited by Booster; 05-07-15 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-07-15, 02:46 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Booster
i think you mean "Assistance Requested".

a lease contract is a contract. just follow through with it like you are supposed to do unless you have a truly valid reason for not being able.
What? He's interested in buying the vehicle at lease end - that's consistent with the lease terms.
Old 05-07-15, 02:54 PM
Booster
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
What? He's interested in buying the vehicle at lease end - that's consistent with the lease terms.
you're totally correct. i deleted the second half of my post. thanks.
Old 05-07-15, 06:22 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

All negotiations are done when you first lease the vehicle and establish the contract. Once you have a contract, a deal is a deal.
Old 05-07-15, 07:01 PM
LexusFirst
Rookie

Pretty much what the above members have said.
However, why didn't you finance it instead of lease it if you are keeping it and keeping it in such a good condition? It will save you a lot in long term.

Last edited by LexusFirst; 05-07-15 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-07-15, 08:29 PM
aritweets
Driver

Sucks that you had to baby your mileage knowing you are going to buy out your lease. You could've driven freely and stressfree about your miles if you're just going to buy out, then your lease terms do not matter.
Old 05-08-15, 06:50 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by aritweets
Sucks that you had to baby your mileage knowing you are going to buy out your lease. You could've driven freely and stressfree about your miles if you're just going to buy out, then your lease terms do not matter.
True enough. I leased my IS in 2014 when I had a 10 mile round trip commute to work. I have a 10K/year mileage allowance on my lease, which was fine for that short drive. I have really liked the car from day 1. Things at that job went to **** and I left for a better job, but a worse commute. I am now doing 44 miles round trip. I am certain I will go over miles, but I have decided to buy it anyway, so no big deal. The car is lowered with tint and wheels, plus a nice audio upgrade. That's easy enough to undo if I were to turn it in, but the car is just the way I want it, so it's a keeper.