IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Buzzing/Vibrations - Gas Pedal - Pins & Needles

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-14, 03:33 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing/Vibrations - Gas Pedal - Pins & Needles

I believe i mentioned this somewhere in another thread but I have been experiencing a serious issue with my new 2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD.

Any time I've been driving for 10-15 minutes, my foot starts to feel like pins and needles because of a buzzing/vibration feel from the gas pedal. If someone were to drive in stop and go traffic for 5 minutes, they wouldn't notice it. However, it takes me 30 minutes on a highway to get to work and my foot is on the gas pedal the entire time. However, within several minutes of having my foot on the pedal, I get this sensation as described above and it gets so annoying that I almost don't want to have my foot on the gas pedal any more.

I did change my tires when I first got my car with Michelin tires but kept the stock rims. I did this so I can save the run flat tires for when I return my vehicle after the lease is done. I highly doubt its from the tires as there are no vibrations or other feelings in the steering wheel or seat. The car is otherwise smooth.

However, I can't help but feel like there are these buzzing vibrations in the foot well of this vehicle.

Has anyone experienced this and/or have any suggestions as to what it could be? I know these gas pedals are metal but I find it hard to believe that would be the reason.

I'm open to any and all suggestions as this issue is making my driving experience extremely unpleasurable

Thanks
Old 12-08-14, 03:40 PM
dagobert
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe its your the way your seat is set...putting pressure in a weird spot causing the sensation?
Old 12-08-14, 04:49 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

I don't think that's it as I can feel generally buzzing/vibrations in the footwell area. Today was especially bad since I was wearing dress shoes. Running shoes dampens the effect but I can still feel it.

I hope the dealership acknowledges this issue but something tells me I will take it in and they will say they couldn't repeat the problem. It's driving me insane and really making the drive a terrible one for me.

I'm going to be taking it in for the next service soon and will have them look everything over. Any other suggestions/ideas? I'm willing to try anything and will even try adjusting the seat position. lol

Thanks

Originally Posted by dagobert
Maybe its your the way your seat is set...putting pressure in a weird spot causing the sensation?
Old 12-08-14, 04:56 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dagobert
^^^^ Thats what it sounds like to me. Do you drive with your wallet in your back pocket? If so, the pressure from the wallet on your hip joint could cause a decrease in circulation down to your foot. I would try messing with the seat and your positioning. If you feel the tingling sensation in your foot, try lifting your butt off the seat and see if the tingling goes away. If it does, then it is a blood circulation issue. Also, if you do the butt lift test while driving please be careful.

I feel like the pedal would have to vibrate a lot in order to cause a tingling or uncomfortable sensation. Im picturing something like holding a push mower when cutting the grass and your hands vibrate and go numb and get tingly(at least thats what im comparing it to). But that vibration is more intense than what the pedal vibration probably is. I could be wrong tho.

Hope you figure it out either way!
Old 12-10-14, 05:43 PM
Jagstyles
Rookie

This is exactly what the feeling is like in my foot from the gas pedal except not quite that numb as a push mower. I notice it more when at lower RPM's and hitting the gas pedal to maintain or slightly increase my speed.

I also notice that depending on the type of shoe I'm wearing, it can be better or worse. Dress shoes with a thin sole, foot feels like it's going to fall off after a 20-30 minute drive. Not as bad with a thick running shoe or boot.

I've also started to pay more attention with the radio off and notice that I feel a similar feeling in my driver seat. I'm so frustrated with this and will have to take it in but i know full well they will think I'm crazy and won't be able to duplicate it as it takes a good 10-15 minutes before you really start to notice it.

Originally Posted by Randre19
^^^^ Im picturing something like holding a push mower when cutting the grass and your hands vibrate and go numb and get tingly(at least thats what im comparing it to). But that vibration is more intense than what the pedal vibration probably is. I could be wrong tho.

Hope you figure it out either way!
Old 12-11-14, 09:51 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagstyles
This is exactly what the feeling is like in my foot from the gas pedal except not quite that numb as a push mower. I notice it more when at lower RPM's and hitting the gas pedal to maintain or slightly increase my speed.

I also notice that depending on the type of shoe I'm wearing, it can be better or worse. Dress shoes with a thin sole, foot feels like it's going to fall off after a 20-30 minute drive. Not as bad with a thick running shoe or boot.

I've also started to pay more attention with the radio off and notice that I feel a similar feeling in my driver seat. I'm so frustrated with this and will have to take it in but i know full well they will think I'm crazy and won't be able to duplicate it as it takes a good 10-15 minutes before you really start to notice it.
Ya its tough to hone in on what it is. It could be a combo of circulation, seat positioning, pedal vibration, and shoe type. Could be all of those or different combos each individually. Like you said, its probably going to be near impossible for them to duplicate the feeling because it seems like your body is prone to it whereas theirs may not be. Maybe you could have them sit in the car with no shoe on and see if they feel the vibration. Maybe that could be enough for them to acknowledge the vibration and try to fix it. Just a thought.
Old 05-27-15, 10:16 PM
amitl
Driver School Candidate

Default Tingling gas padel sensation

I am having exactly same issue with my used Acura RDX 2013. I never had anything like this with my previous civic, Altima. Were u able to get this issue fixed. I noticed this issue on the first day when I drove it on freeway. It's driving me nuts.
Old 05-28-15, 08:36 AM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Unfortunately no. They claim they can't reproduce the same feelings/sensations which I think is utter B.S. So I have had to accept it as it is. Personally, I have not been too pleased with the Lexus IS because of a few other odd things that keep adding to my dislike list. It's unfortunate because I love the look of the car.

Originally Posted by amitl
I am having exactly same issue with my used Acura RDX 2013. I never had anything like this with my previous civic, Altima. Were u able to get this issue fixed. I noticed this issue on the first day when I drove it on freeway. It's driving me nuts.
Old 05-28-15, 08:44 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Unfortunately no. They claim they can't reproduce the same feelings/sensations which I think is utter B.S. So I have had to accept it as it is. Personally, I have not been too pleased with the Lexus IS because of a few other odd things that keep adding to my dislike list. It's unfortunate because I love the look of the car.
Definitely a frustrating experience.

Have you tried other Lexus dealerships in GTA other than the one you bought the IS from? Maybe request to have a foreman to spend time to reproduce the problem? Better to accompany the technician when he drives your car.
Old 09-29-16, 06:42 AM
shawn855
Driver School Candidate

Just made an account because I have the same issue but it's in my 2016 Cruze Limited 1.8l. Buzzing sensation in the gas pedal. Don't feel it anywhere else. Have been troubleshooting this issue on my own for months now and it's driving me crazy. I'm posting here because there really isn't that many topics about a buzzing gas pedal so either people just don't notice it, or they think it's normal road vibration. From my end, the symptoms:
-not speed dependent. It will be a constant buzzing vibration whether I go 40km/hr or 90km/hr
-weather conditions don't change the frequency
-tires don't change the frequency
-full/empty gas tank or passenger weight does not change the frequency
-Engine RPM does not change the frequency. I'll put the car in neutral when it happens and I'll still feel the vibration. Which leads me to believe it is being caused by something vibration against the inner firewall in the engine bay (like a brake line, fuel line, compressor, etc), or it is being caused from the brakes since it only happens when the car is in motion. I does not buzz if the car is in a standstill. Any additional thoughts and comments would be appreciated so that we can put this to rest and stop having people think we're crazy lol.
Old 01-25-24, 06:19 PM
Rodcar
1st Gear

I have the exact same problem, its driving me crazy. It started happening on the same day I changed my tires, I have a Subaru Forester with new Pirelli Scorpio tires. Pls let me know if you solved the problem. Thanks
Old 01-26-24, 10:08 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,510 Likes on 1,806 Posts

All, if you have issues like this with other unrelated models, the issue is unlikely to be the same. This is a Lexus IS model forum.

I am noticing a pattern of folks having the issue after changing tires. Since that is the most recent thing that changed on your car, it is most likely a tire-balancing issue. You might want to go back to the tire installer and let them know what is going on.