IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

New To Lexus, Had a Few Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-14, 01:46 AM
scarboy693
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Lexus, Had a Few Questions.

Hi All,

This is my First Post so excuse me if I make any mistakes,

So I'm in the Market for a new car, I prefer leasing so its the route I'm going and I had a few questions before I pull the trigger. I had a 2013 BMW 328i (Nearly Loaded with Sport Pack and All) and unfortunately it was totaled out when I was hit by a drunk driver late at night.

Original Plan was to just go get another 3 series, but I decided to check out the competition and Ended up really loving the IS350 F Sport. The handling seems sharper and I'm enjoying the sound of the V6 opposed to the 2.0T. Also seems a bit quieter and smoother at cruising speeds.

My Local Dealer (went through TrueCar) Offered me the 350 F Sport RWD with the Mark Levinson/Navi Package for $399 + Tax a month with 2500 drive offs on a 27 month lease with 10K per year. Seems like a great deal since my 328i Payments were $450 + Tax, but wanted to make sure I am getting the best deal.

2nd is The BMW Came with the included maintenance package. The Lexus Dealer said I get 2 free services (5K and 10K respectively). How much would the maintenance cost be over the term of the lease?

3rd, Anything to be aware of when dealing with Lexus Financial? I don't get the extra warranties or coverages anyway, but wondering how strict are they with returning a car or other things. I don't plan on modifying the car other than tint and smaller things which are easily removed.

Thanks! Hope to Join the Lexus Family soon
Old 02-08-14, 06:32 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Welcome and congrats on making the switch. The Bimmer is a great car, but the new IS edges it out overall plus you get the added peace of mind of solid reliability.

1. The lease price seems to be in the range of what other folks paid, but I'll let the local folks chime in on that for any better deals.

2. Your 1st year is essentially free with the two services. After that about $400-500 average per year at Lexus for two alternating services (one service is your basic oil filter package and inspections, the second adds things like cabin filter and/or air filter replacement and more rigorous inspections. To save about a third of that, go to your local Toyota dealer (work is all warranted). If you want to save more, change the air and cabin filter yourself and just get the oil change done. A typical oil change at Toyota with the OEM synthetic 0w20 oil and filter will go for about 60-70$. So you can spend as little as $120-140$ per year plus the filters (50-70$) every two years or so. Of course, wear and tear items like tires, brakes, etc are extra.

3. Nothing to worry about if you just tint and do other minor cosmetic changes, and for anything more visible, just consider if it's reversible. For instance, the axleback Magnaflow exhaust I got done can be removed and replaced with the OEM I still have. Can't speak to lease terms in the US, but in Canada, at lease return they have a checklist of items they go over covering mechanical and cosmetic blemishes/issues. Anything beyond their thresholds will cost a few extra bucks. I personally never reach that point in my leases with Lexus since I return my car much sooner and they just simply treat it like a trade-in and give me a market value. I find this much easier than having to go through the more rigorous/diligent process at lease-end evaluation process.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 02-08-14 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-08-14, 08:39 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Welcome and congrats on making the switch. The Bimmer is a great car, but the new IS edges it out overall plus you get the added peace of mind of solid reliability.

1. The lease price seems to be in the range of what other folks paid, but I'll let the local folks chime in on that for any better deals.

2. Your 1st year is essentially free with the two services. After that about $400-500 average per year at Lexus for two alternating services (one service is your basic oil filter package and inspections, the second adds things like cabin filter and/or air filter replacement and more rigorous inspections. To save about a third of that, go to your local Toyota dealer (work is all warranted). If you want to save more, change the air and cabin filter yourself and just get the oil change done. A typical oil change at Toyota with the OEM synthetic 0w20 oil and filter will go for about 60-70$. So you can spend as little as $120-140$ per year plus the filters (50-70$) every two years or so. Of course, wear and tear items like tires, brakes, etc are extra.

3. Nothing to worry about if you just tint and do other minor cosmetic changes, and for anything more visible, just consider if it's reversible. For instance, the axleback Magnaflow exhaust I got done can be removed and replaced with the OEM I still have. Can't speak to lease terms in the US, but in Canada, at lease return they have a checklist of items they go over covering mechanical and cosmetic blemishes/issues. Anything beyond their thresholds will cost a few extra bucks. I personally never reach that point in my leases with Lexus since I return my car much sooner and they just simply treat it like a trade-in and give me a market value. I find this much easier than having to go through the more rigorous/diligent process at lease-end evaluation process.
For #2, which filters are 3IS Air and Cabin Filter? Where could I buy these?

Thanks.
Old 02-08-14, 10:00 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
For #2, which filters are 3IS Air and Cabin Filter? Where could I buy these?

Thanks.
Probably talking about the filters (cabin, and engine air) shown here at Sewell Parts.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...S350-2014.html