Just ordered my IS250AWD a week ago

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-13, 07:11 PM
nightlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my IS250AWD a week ago

Hey guys,

I just ordered my IS250AWD from the dealer about a week ago cause they didn't have any instock.
The dealer said my car should arrive by the end of October.
They couldn't provide me with an exact date cause apparently Lexus said they were going to build my car sometime in September, but not exactly sure when. I heard it takes about 10-15 to ship from Lexus Japan to the port of Vancouver, BC.
I was wondering if the estimate from the dealer is accurate and if any of you encounter this before or if there are certain schedules or anything Lexus/Toyota follow or rather when do they usually ship out their cars over to Canada?
Old 09-19-13, 07:29 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by nightlexus
Hey guys,

I just ordered my IS250AWD from the dealer about a week ago cause they didn't have any instock.
They couldn't provide me with an exact date cause apparently Lexus said they were going to build my car sometime in September, but not exactly sure when. I heard it takes about 10-15 to ship from Lexus Japan to the port of Vancouver, BC.
I was wondering if the estimate from the dealer is accurate and if any of you encounter this before or if there are certain schedules or anything Lexus/Toyota follow or rather when do they usually ship out their cars over to Canada?
First, congratulations on buying the best car in its class! My delivery took about 2 1/2 months. Others have had similar experiences 2-3 months. If yours is slated end of October that's about a month and a half from now which basically means your dealer was lucky enough to lock in on a build already in the pipeline that exactly matches your requirements. Not sure about # cars to ship but I would not worry since the IS is so much in demand, whatever quota of cars are required surely it will be met as per schedule. Once it leaves Japan, it takes about a week to cross the Pacific and hit the port then another week or so to clear the port/customs, and arrive at your dealer.

Post pics when you get it.
Old 09-20-13, 05:18 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

I am in a similar boat. Ordered my car two weeks ago. It was built this past Monday 9/16/13. Called the dealer yesterday it is due to ship out of Japan on 9/24/13. It is headed to a port in Cali just not sure what city. He said it will take about 3 weeks once the car ships for them to get the car. I am adding another week or two for delays.
Old 09-20-13, 11:48 AM
nightlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
First, congratulations on buying the best car in its class! My delivery took about 2 1/2 months. Others have had similar experiences 2-3 months. If yours is slated end of October that's about a month and a half from now which basically means your dealer was lucky enough to lock in on a build already in the pipeline that exactly matches your requirements. Not sure about # cars to ship but I would not worry since the IS is so much in demand, whatever quota of cars are required surely it will be met as per schedule. Once it leaves Japan, it takes about a week to cross the Pacific and hit the port then another week or so to clear the port/customs, and arrive at your dealer.

Post pics when you get it.
Just got an update with my dealer they said the car is going to be in the port of vancouver by September 25th and take 1 day for it to get from the port to the dealer. This is by far very surprising went from end of october estimate
to the end of this month!! Still cant believe its going to get here that fast and Iˊll post pics when I get it for sure!
Old 09-20-13, 11:52 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Glad you are getting your car soon! I am still 4 weeks out! argh!
Old 09-21-13, 04:02 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Just got an update with my dealer they said the car is going to be in the port of vancouver by September 25th and take 1 day for it to get from the port to the dealer. This is by far very surprising went from end of october estimate
to the end of this month!! Still cant believe its going to get here that fast and Iˊll post pics when I get it for sure!
Nice, 1 day from the port? That's really fast. I just realized WA = Washington state? That definitely helps since you're close to Vancouver. Congrats on the shortened delivery time!