IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Why no memory feature and cooled seats on F Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-13, 06:34 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You don't put quotes in your posts properly. Its hard to understand that its a quote.
ANYWAY!
next subject..
hey i noticed you also have a 2013 GS350
i just LEASED an F sport for my wife 3 weeks ago! black with the red interior got the AWD model. so to some extent i already have a good idea what the IS will be like.
the wait is KILLING ME!
i put my order in almost a month ago. i think i have at least another 2 months to go before mine gets here.
Old 09-10-13, 06:43 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You don't put quotes in your posts properly. Its hard to understand that its a quote.
Okay. I'll do better next time. Maybe I inserted the quotes manually -- I can't remember.
Old 09-10-13, 06:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014IS350
ANYWAY!
next subject..
hey i noticed you also have a 2013 GS350
i just LEASED an F sport for my wife 3 weeks ago! black with the red interior got the AWD model. so to some extent i already have a good idea what the IS will be like.
the wait is KILLING ME!
i put my order in almost a month ago. i think i have at least another 2 months to go before mine gets here.
I can't imagine the wait!

Yep, love the GS!
Old 09-10-13, 06:52 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Sticks and Stones" guys. Let's not take things too personally. I really don't think anyone is trying to offend anyone, at least not purposely.

As for Corvettes, it's something I've always wanted to own but it's not practical where I live. But that C7 Stingray is very nice. One of the very best Corvette interiors I've seen. It has fabulous digital instrument cluster like the F Sport. For what you get for the money I think Corvette is great value if you can drive it all year!
Old 09-10-13, 07:05 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

I recently drove both GS F-Spot and IS F-Sport, though personally i like the GS a lil better (more room). The new IS350 is a little rocket, like a baby ISF. Car rocks in drivablity, very sporty and tight yet still comfortable for daily commute. The roofline is more coupe-like (I first though like a corvette) very low slung and you def feel you are in a sports car. Handles like a dream. Sport + mode holds Rpms if you're taking on curves or it senses you driving it hard -will hold it into redline. Its very nice, car feels 10 years younger than previous IS.
Old 09-10-13, 07:10 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
"Sticks and Stones" guys. Let's not take things too personally. I really don't think anyone is trying to offend anyone, at least not purposely.

As for Corvettes, it's something I've always wanted to own but it's not practical where I live. But that C7 Stingray is very nice. One of the very best Corvette interiors I've seen. It has fabulous digital instrument cluster like the F Sport. For what you get for the money I think Corvette is great value if you can drive it all year!
i feel the same, another reason i leased, in 3 years i may just buy a used stingray. I've owned 2 Z06 corvettes. and i can honestly say they are very cool cars. you haven't seen fast until you've been behind the wheel of a C6Z06
as a corvette owner we all pretty much just laugh at the import guys trying to be fast. putting an intake on for 3hp exhaust for 5 hp ect.. you put a cam in a Z and you get about 120 hp just with a cam swap! (as if it wasn't already fast enough)
but having owned 2 ill say this. the C6 interior was always a major disappointment. and the car does a LOT of things very well. when i bought my first car it seemed like it was worth every penny. but the truth is as cool as the car is to me they are worth about 50k tops for my money.
the C7 i would pay 65k for not much more. if they come out with a Z06 package id be a buyer again. in the mean time my C6 is loosing value fast and i needed to let it go before i lost my *** on it.

looking back there are only 2 cars that i REALLY loved owning and the other was the IS-350 and now that it is even better i am totally excited about getting back into it. i left the IS-350 for the first vette. but now that the fun has wore off a little for me I'm taking a 3 year break. i may get the new IS-F or a used stingray. leasing gives me options and flexibility.

heck i may even trade up to another IS 350 once Lexus starts offering all the features i really wanted on my car that i couldn't get with the F-sport package (which is exactly what this thread started about)
I've sat in the new C7 and it is sweet! but until you've owned one and where i live there is always a steep driveway or curb to negotiate. it would have to be a pretty good deal for me to want to go back to the hassle of actually making a vette part of your daily life.
about the only truly great thing about owning a vette is the fact that when provoked into a street race, i never lost to a single car that ever tried except 1 supercharged C5Z06 and 1 1600cc hyabusa!
every other bike that tried couldn't touch me and the cars weren't even close! (never took on a GTR of viper but that might be close)
and the other thing is you get a lot of attention while driving one (i got propositioned for sex Twice! but respectfully declined)

and they get great Highway MPG i got about 32 mpg once on a top i took.

other than that, they are noisy, and expensive to drive (a set of 4 tires will set you back 2500 bucks!)
and aren't really put together fit and finish very well.
but the fun factor makes up for a lot of the shortcomings.

with that said, i may go back to corvette, but in 3 years there are likely to be a lot of other new options to pick from.
Old 09-10-13, 09:26 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Back on topic
Again, bringing up the "Cooled" seats to make a Point. Though i wish they had it in the IS F-Sport, but i can see why its not there, Maybe its marketing but after re-thinking it might be a performance measure as well. Not having it will make the car lighter. But onto the Cool seats (Is it really cooled? I mean I had an ''11 IS350 and it had the "cooled seats" but it didn't "Really" cool, i mean its just Fans blowing thru the perforation of the seats (not that impressive) Its better than nothing but it does add weight to a car thats suppose to be an F-sport. Now, a couple years ago, I owned an LS430 Ultra pkg, man oh man did those seats cool. It literally felt like I had AC on my butt. LOL But an LS430 is not concerned with weight factors because its not a "Sporty" Sedan. My POINT is: They took away the cool seats because it really didn't work that great and the lack of it saves weight to the car. Now, Sit in an LS if you really want to know what REAL COOLED Seats feel like..
Old 09-10-13, 09:52 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

In two years when my 4GS lease is up I hope they have cooled seats available for the 3IS F Sport so I can consider that car.

This is the first time I've ever had cooled seats and I love them! The back of my shirt used to get moist whenever it's slightly warm or on long distant drives. Not anymore since I've been using these cooled seats. Probably one of my favorites features.
Old 09-10-13, 10:19 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Back on topic
Again, bringing up the "Cooled" seats to make a Point. Though i wish they had it in the IS F-Sport, but i can see why its not there, Maybe its marketing but after re-thinking it might be a performance measure as well. Not having it will make the car lighter. But onto the Cool seats (Is it really cooled? I mean I had an ''11 IS350 and it had the "cooled seats" but it didn't "Really" cool, i mean its just Fans blowing thru the perforation of the seats (not that impressive) Its better than nothing but it does add weight to a car thats suppose to be an F-sport. Now, a couple years ago, I owned an LS430 Ultra pkg, man oh man did those seats cool. It literally felt like I had AC on my butt. LOL But an LS430 is not concerned with weight factors because its not a "Sporty" Sedan. My POINT is: They took away the cool seats because it really didn't work that great and the lack of it saves weight to the car. Now, Sit in an LS if you really want to know what REAL COOLED Seats feel like..
Point taken. I'm sure who ever made these decisions at Lexus probably thought things through and must have had a good information/reasons to do what they are doing even though a lot of us are scratching our heads.

From other posters it seems these options are available in other market F Sport. I suppose performance oriented buyers may consider the weight implications but really how much impact would that have on real world performance? Even Corvette offers memory features and cooled seats. It also has feature that shuts off 4 cylinders when cruising in highway to give you 30 mpg which is just mind blowing from a performance car that can do 3.8 seconds 0-60. Unfortunately Corvette is not practical in my area. You could only use it for 6 months of the year.

I'm also curious why Lexus did not put the 8 speed in the AWD. I wish I could go with RWD but again it's not practical where I live. Buying F Sport AWD seems like you are getting less car in some ways and still have to pay the premium for AWD. I read great reviews of the IS F Sport but usually they are talking about the RWD model so I'm thinking is this true for AWD considering they have totally different tranny and no VGRS.

Last edited by SonyHome; 09-10-13 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-11-13, 01:23 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Ah, but Business Insider listed Sweden as the 5th most happy country in the world. From memory -- Denmark 1st, Norway 2nd, Finland 3rd -- all in all 9 of the top 10 spots taken by northern countries. Australia came in number 10.
In general we are a happy people. And i'm happy for my import gains.
Old 09-11-13, 06:44 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome

From other posters it seems these options are available in other market F Sport. I suppose performance oriented buyers may consider the weight implications but really how much impact would that have on real world performance? Even Corvette offers memory features and cooled seats. It also has feature that shuts off 4 cylinders when cruising in highway to give you 30 mpg which is just mind blowing from a performance car that can do 3.8 seconds 0-60. Unfortunately Corvette is not practical in my area. You could only use it for 6 months of the year.
actually the current corvette gets 30 mpg with an advertised 26 highway mpg the new corvette says 30 mpg but i would not be surprised if it got 34 pretty easily with the new design and technology.
and people are amazed but it really isn't that difficult when you realize the car only weighs 3200 pounds. it makes nearly 400 lbs of torque almost just off idle. when in 6th gear the engine is running at 1400 rpm at 75 mph (it idles at only 600 rpm) and is very low to the ground with a very low drag coefficient.
I head a GM engineer state once that the corvette requires only 12 horsepower to maintain highway speeds.
in my experience with normal driving my Z06 got 18 mpg in town and and average of 29-32 mpg highway depending on conditions.

oh and 0-60 is only 3.8 seconds because you can go 62 mph in 1st gear! if you had to change gears during that time it would not be possible. the hardest part about getting a 0-60 time like that is traction. with drag slicks, 60 comes a lot sooner than that! ive seen several guys run a 11.7 1/4 mile bone stock! with only drag radials on the rear ive seen 10.8 for me at 6500 feet i managed a best of 12.77@116