Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

TSB on my 07?

Old 07-21-14, 09:24 AM   #1
ayb88
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default TSB on my 07?

Hi Guys,

been reading on this forum for quite some time, finally decided to make my first post to see if I can get anyone's opinion before taking my car in for service tomorrow.

Car: 07 Is 250 RWD AT

Issues: Rattle at start up. I know there is a TSB out there. However, I bought my car used at 80k miles. I'm wondering if there is any chance that Lexus will cover this repair? I'm currently at 101k miles.

Power Steering: In the past month, i've noticed a certain "dead spot" in the steering. It is most noticed when driving at speed, and changing lanes. There is a sort of "dead spot" when you turn the wheel slightly left (commonly felt when changing lanes). I know steering is electric, and I also know that there is a TSB or even a recall out there for faulty Rack's.

Does this issue even have anything to do with the rack? Seeking some advise here.

What are my odd's that Lexus will be replacing these for me? I've always followed the regular scheduled maintenance schedule under my ownership.

I'll be bringing it in tomorrow to a lexus dealership without any prior history. This dealership for some reason charges almost 1/3 of the price that my regular dealership charges.

What are your thoughts on these issues?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
ayb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 09:52 AM   #2
Sceanzo
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayb88 View Post
Hi Guys,

been reading on this forum for quite some time, finally decided to make my first post to see if I can get anyone's opinion before taking my car in for service tomorrow.

Car: 07 Is 250 RWD AT

Issues: Rattle at start up. I know there is a TSB out there. However, I bought my car used at 80k miles. I'm wondering if there is any chance that Lexus will cover this repair? I'm currently at 101k miles.

Power Steering: In the past month, i've noticed a certain "dead spot" in the steering. It is most noticed when driving at speed, and changing lanes. There is a sort of "dead spot" when you turn the wheel slightly left (commonly felt when changing lanes). I know steering is electric, and I also know that there is a TSB or even a recall out there for faulty Rack's.

Does this issue even have anything to do with the rack? Seeking some advise here.

What are my odd's that Lexus will be replacing these for me? I've always followed the regular scheduled maintenance schedule under my ownership.

I'll be bringing it in tomorrow to a lexus dealership without any prior history. This dealership for some reason charges almost 1/3 of the price that my regular dealership charges.

What are your thoughts on these issues?

Thanks
I am unaware of a TSB for the rattle at start up for a 250, only the 350.

Anyway. A TSB does not dictate you getting free work. A TSB is a bulletin sent out to dealerships to inform technicians of a common problem and usually a solution to fix it.

A recall is an action taken by Lexus corporate to voluntarily fix a common problem with a car. In this case, the 350s getting a VVTi cam gear recall. Those can be fixed at any time of the vehicles life by which ever owner takes it in.

Now, a dealership MAY goodwill work for you. Some people have gotten the entire job paid for. Others were able to work out a deal for paying a percentage.

In my experience, Unless you are a dedicated customer to a specific dealership, they will not goodwill an entire job for you. Your best bet is just to go to the dealer and hope for the best.
Sceanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 09:52 AM