IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Swift spring opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-14, 01:29 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Swift spring opinions?

interested in dropping my is350 a bit (subtle not slammed) and have been researching for weeks on types of springs, coil overs, shocks, etc. etc. etc.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't want coils for various reasons so please don't try to preach about coils.

I have forgestar cf5v wheels with the following specs:
Front: 19x8.5 +30 w/ PSS 225/35/19
Rear: 19x10 +38 w/PSS 265/35/19

I was considering F-sports due to their OEM reputation and it not causing an issue if any warranty work is to be performed (3rd party extended warranty) but have decided they are too subtle and have a few issues still.

I am on the edge of pulling the trigger for some swift springs but want to know if anybody has any input, pictures, or comments. If you post pictures please indicate suspension and wheel setup as well.

I have read over this thread as well
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/susp...-an-is350.html
Thanks in advance!!!

p.s. may consider f sport shocks due to OEM having 80k+ on them.

Read more: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...#ixzz2vJYwL8bM
Old 03-07-14, 01:31 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

This is my car without any suspension modification for reference to the above inquiry
Attached Thumbnails Swift spring opinions?-image.jpg  
Old 03-07-14, 04:38 PM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a lot of research on here as well before getting them - IMO they do ride better than the factory springs. I am very happy with them. They are linear rate springs & that was important to me. Just be aware that they do not drop the car very much.

P.S. - I switched out to Tokico HTS adjustable shocks before getting the springs, which also influenced my decision not to go the coilover route.
Old 03-07-14, 10:55 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JETLEX
I did a lot of research on here as well before getting them - IMO they do ride better than the factory springs. I am very happy with them. They are linear rate springs & that was important to me. Just be aware that they do not drop the car very much.

P.S. - I switched out to Tokico HTS adjustable shocks before getting the springs, which also influenced my decision not to go the coilover route.
I am after a subtle drop which is what these offer. I am just curious as to how well the ride improved or degraded due to these. Did you ever have these on stock shocks? any pictures of your ride while they were on these springs?
Old 03-08-14, 07:45 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

If you don't have to have a front plate, remove the plate bracket! The holes are much less of an eye-sore; ask me how I know! LOL
Old 03-08-14, 08:37 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey ... This is my car on H&R:

Wheels are 19x8.5 +30 ... 19x9.5+33.

The drop is quite low for springs, and its also the most even drop from springs. And I'd probably spring for new shocks as well
Old 03-08-14, 11:47 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gville350
If you don't have to have a front plate, remove the plate bracket! The holes are much less of an eye-sore; ask me how I know! LOL
This picture was a couple months after I purchased the car and never got around to fixing the front license plate until a few weeks ago and boy does it look great without that eye sore there anymore!
Old 03-08-14, 11:51 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Hey ... This is my car on H&R:

Wheels are 19x8.5 +30 ... 19x9.5+33.

The drop is quite low for springs, and its also the most even drop from springs. And I'd probably spring for new shocks as well
yea i was considering H&R for the longest time but I just feel like its too much of a drop for my car because I'm close to rubbing already and want to avoid fender work at all costs due to living in the midwest and there being a lack of performance shops that can do the work properly. I want the f-sports shocks but just purchased rotors, pads, sway bar, complete subwoofer system and need to reserve some money for springs first. I know my shocks will be in dire need of being replaced within the next year and by then all other modding will be done and that will be the last hoorah. haha
Old 03-09-14, 09:52 AM
JETLEX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@jusclark13 - I don't have any pics right now & I wouldn't go by my car anyway as it has always sat up a little higher than most (like an AWD) for some reason.

Anyway, yes the ride was improved - it is a very slight improvement, but the small reduction in front spring rate helps with the crashing over bumps & potholes somewhat. It almost feels like you are getting more travel out of the springs compared to stock.

Where I'm at the roads can be crappy & I am always encountering surprise potholes, cracked / broken pavement, road construction, and steep driveways. A lot of this factors in into not wanting to be too low and having a nice ride.
You can always sell the springs later if you decide to move onto something else.

Personally, I wouldn't go with the F-sport shocks. I have the Tokico HTS shocks (which can be adjusted to slightly softer than the OEM shocks - one of the reasons I purchased them), or Koni makes their adjustable shocks now for the ISx if you're looking for something more aggressive.

HTH
Old 03-17-14, 05:11 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JETLEX
@jusclark13 - I don't have any pics right now & I wouldn't go by my car anyway as it has always sat up a little higher than most (like an AWD) for some reason.

Anyway, yes the ride was improved - it is a very slight improvement, but the small reduction in front spring rate helps with the crashing over bumps & potholes somewhat. It almost feels like you are getting more travel out of the springs compared to stock.

Where I'm at the roads can be crappy & I am always encountering surprise potholes, cracked / broken pavement, road construction, and steep driveways. A lot of this factors in into not wanting to be too low and having a nice ride.
You can always sell the springs later if you decide to move onto something else.

Personally, I wouldn't go with the F-sport shocks. I have the Tokico HTS shocks (which can be adjusted to slightly softer than the OEM shocks - one of the reasons I purchased them), or Koni makes their adjustable shocks now for the ISx if you're looking for something more aggressive.

HTH
do you happen to have any updated pictures?